TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

On a side note, why isn’t Nova being pulled in for the new ECW?

Nova is the front runner for the Tazz SD! Color position.

I've been hearing that JBL is actually the front runner for that position now.

ECW is a success: ECW fans wanted to see Cena get beat up. Cena = draw.

ECW flops: RVD.

You're obviously talking specifically about ONS2, right?

Would have been the same if the ratings flopped hard the other night.

Havoc's av is soooooooo distracting. :D

And it might have switched to JBL, but what I've read was that Nova wowed everyone...

Guest nokia

From pwinsider.com (About the wwe vs ecw show):

Just to follow up on the WWE vs. ECW rating from earlier today, I talked to a few people in WWE who are saying that management feels that a big reason for the show doing the number that it did was John Cena's appearance on the broadcast.

As you would guess, they extremely high on Cena up in Stamford. That kind of scares me. Either way, we will have a lot better idea what the show's audience is when they start on Sci-Fi next week.

Well Cena was somewhat of a draw for me just b/c I wanted to see his ass get kicked by Sabu so if you call that a draw then I guess the WWE's logic fits this one. However, a good argument can be made that the entire concept of WWE vs. ECW was the main draw here and not any particular individual.

RAW preview claims 5-on-1 Handicap match between HHH and the Spirit Squad this monday night

HHH will be your fantasy hero again...Numerous Appearances + Specialty Match + Sledgehammer Shots + Numerous Pedigrees + Win = Big Points

I think Finlay needs to be called Fit Finlay again. Finlay sounds dumb by itself. Same goes for Gene Snitsky and Carlito Caribbean Cool. Thank god they dropped the "Just Lashley" idea after one week.

Also, Booker needs his Harlem heat theme back. The King Booker one is soooo generic.

Who will it be?

By Louie Dee

June 8, 2006

Rob Van Dam will challenge John Cena for the WWE Championship at ECW One Night Stand. And while everyone is eagerly anticipating that match, perhaps no one has more interest in it than Edge. Two weeks ago on RAW, The Rated-R Superstar defeated Big Show to become No. 1 Contender for the WWE Championship, and he will take on the champion at Vengeance.

When asked who he would prefer to face, Edge told WWE.com that it really doesn’t make a difference. “I’m not going to be picky. Whoever wins, I’m going to beat them,” said the Rated-R Superstar. Despite the non-preference, Edge sees motivation either way. “I’ve been up and down a lot of roads and been in a lot of battles with John Cena, but I’ve never really had that experience with Rob Van Dam so that’s an entertaining thought to me,” he said. “It’s a new challenge and as a professional it’s something that excites me. At the same time, from a personal standpoint, I don’t like John Cena at all. I don’t like anything he stands for, from his choice in music to his choice in clothing, and we’re polar opposites. We couldn’t get any further in two personalities. He’s hip-hop, I’m rock n’ roll. I would like once again to beat him for the Championship.”

With everything that’s happened leading up to One Night Stand, many have surmised that Edge has taken a pro-WWE, anti-ECW stance in recent weeks; the Rated-R Superstar, however, sees things a little differently. “I’m not necessarily pro WWE, I’m pro Edge,” he said. “I don’t enjoy ECW fans or people who claim to be smart about something that they have no clue about but think they do. I don’t enjoy people saying “this match rules” during Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka last year when that match had no psychology and no story whatsoever. It was a joke to me, and those people became a joke to me because they thought they knew what they were talking about; they thought they were being smart by showing how stupid they were.”

If Rob Van Dam wins at One Night Stand, he has said that he will rename it the ECW World Championship…so how would Edge feel if he were fighting for the ECW Championship at Vengeance? “It wouldn’t stay the ECW Championship for long; it would go back to being the WWE Championship, the championship that dates back to Buddy Rogers and Bruno Sammartino and Hulk Hogan and all the rest,” the Rated-R Superstar said confidently. “That’s what I grew up watching. I didn’t grow up watching ECW; it wasn’t around when I grew up, so I would take the championship back to what it is now.”

And while Edge admits that he does share a common bond with ECW, he’s still a WWE Superstar through and through. “I may be the Rated-R Superstar and I may thumb my nose at authority and everything else, that’s the one thing I have in common with ECW,” he said, “but I do believe in history and I do believe in what I grew up on, and that was the WWE.”

Credit: WWE.com

I guess Edge is such a seasoned veteran now that he can say he knows what he's talking about? :rolleyes:

Randow question, but does Steph have a kayfabe babydaddy?

I remember reading that HHH was mad about WWE.com announcing him as the father of Stephs baby. ON tv no one has said anything about who the father is though.

Guest Coffey

Are they just going to have the same main event for the next three years? HBK & HHH Vs. Spirit Squad. WE GET IT.

Doesn't Nova have a lisp?

Angle named greatest shoot wrestler of all time

June 10, 2006

USA Wrestling has named Kurt Angle the greatest shoot wrestler of all time.

“I’m truly humbled by this honor,” Angle told ECW.com. “I believe hard work and dedication helped this dream come true.”

Kurt Angle is currently busy preparing for his One Night Stand match against Randy Orton Sunday night on pay-per-view. ECW.com will have more on this story later in the weekend.

Angle named greatest shoot wrestler of all time

June 10, 2006

USA Wrestling has named Kurt Angle the greatest shoot wrestler of all time.

“I’m truly humbled by this honor,” Angle told ECW.com. “I believe hard work and dedication helped this dream come true.”

Kurt Angle is currently busy preparing for his One Night Stand match against Randy Orton Sunday night on pay-per-view. ECW.com will have more on this story later in the weekend.

Better than Kael Sanderson?

RAW preview claims 5-on-1 Handicap match between HHH and the Spirit Squad this monday night

I actually like the SS and HHH, but come the fuck on. I'm even ready to take a big dump all over that feud by this point. It's almost like there's no point in watching RAW, or at least the main event. Each week they do this, and each week everyone thinks that we're going to see DX start back up to put an end to all of this. You can only tease the fans for so long until they don't give a shit anymore. Heck, even if they do go through with it on RAW I wont care about it as much as I would have a while ago.

What is this about? From PWInsider:

WWE is already running commercials all over the country with the spoiler for the Vengeance on cable systems around the country. If you care to know what the spoiler is, you probably already do by now. It just surprises me for two reasons. One is that the ECW PPV hasn't happened yet. The other is the angle for what they are spoiling hasn't happened yet. Is there any quality control in that company?

Just more on the DX thing?

Doesn't Nova have a lisp?

I don't think so. He's had a lot of mic time in his current Simon Dean gimmick, and I haven't noticed any lisp.

Randy Orton's theme music is more suited to a just turned babyface.

They need to give Maven's Tough Enough music to a babyface they plan to push to the top. I can easily see it being something played to end a triumphant babyface win in the main event of Wrestlemania.

Goldberg's music, his original music, was great.

Kurt Angle's gonna debut a new mouthguard on Sunday.

Yea, REALLY useless information, I just think it's funny its 'important' enough to be main news on ECW's frontpage, :lol:

I'm guessing it'll say ECW.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

I like the Spirit Squad, but I'm sick of the main event being them being squashed by Triple H. Why is it always the main event anyway? Because it's a Triple H feud? Is the WWE title no longer important now that Triple H isn't chasing it?

The WWE needs less production (in regards to camera's, video screens, entrances, graphics, etc.) In the late 90s, part of the WWEs appeal was their production, but now I think it is really holding them back because they over-produce, and more importantly -since they don't have a big company to compete with (and therefore look better than)- they are essentially competing, production wise, with bigger sporting events and rock concerts, which currently smoke the WWE. So either they should invest in bigger and better video screens and more sophisticated technology, or they scale down so they don't look like they are failing. And Kevin Dunn needs to go. I was an advocate of Dunn for a while, because he was a big reason for the WWEs success, but he's doing nothing but holding them back. He's not as big of a problem as Steph is, imo, but he's still a problem.

Who will it be?

By Louie Dee

June 8, 2006

Rob Van Dam will challenge John Cena for the WWE Championship at ECW One Night Stand. And while everyone is eagerly anticipating that match, perhaps no one has more interest in it than Edge. Two weeks ago on RAW, The Rated-R Superstar defeated Big Show to become No. 1 Contender for the WWE Championship, and he will take on the champion at Vengeance.

When asked who he would prefer to face, Edge told WWE.com that it really doesn’t make a difference. “I’m not going to be picky. Whoever wins, I’m going to beat them,” said the Rated-R Superstar. Despite the non-preference, Edge sees motivation either way. “I’ve been up and down a lot of roads and been in a lot of battles with John Cena, but I’ve never really had that experience with Rob Van Dam so that’s an entertaining thought to me,” he said. “It’s a new challenge and as a professional it’s something that excites me. At the same time, from a personal standpoint, I don’t like John Cena at all. I don’t like anything he stands for, from his choice in music to his choice in clothing, and we’re polar opposites. We couldn’t get any further in two personalities. He’s hip-hop, I’m rock n’ roll. I would like once again to beat him for the Championship.”

With everything that’s happened leading up to One Night Stand, many have surmised that Edge has taken a pro-WWE, anti-ECW stance in recent weeks; the Rated-R Superstar, however, sees things a little differently. “I’m not necessarily pro WWE, I’m pro Edge,” he said. “I don’t enjoy ECW fans or people who claim to be smart about something that they have no clue about but think they do. I don’t enjoy people saying “this match rules” during Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka last year when that match had no psychology and no story whatsoever. It was a joke to me, and those people became a joke to me because they thought they knew what they were talking about; they thought they were being smart by showing how stupid they were.”

If Rob Van Dam wins at One Night Stand, he has said that he will rename it the ECW World Championship…so how would Edge feel if he were fighting for the ECW Championship at Vengeance? “It wouldn’t stay the ECW Championship for long; it would go back to being the WWE Championship, the championship that dates back to Buddy Rogers and Bruno Sammartino and Hulk Hogan and all the rest,” the Rated-R Superstar said confidently. “That’s what I grew up watching. I didn’t grow up watching ECW; it wasn’t around when I grew up, so I would take the championship back to what it is now.”

And while Edge admits that he does share a common bond with ECW, he’s still a WWE Superstar through and through. “I may be the Rated-R Superstar and I may thumb my nose at authority and everything else, that’s the one thing I have in common with ECW,” he said, “but I do believe in history and I do believe in what I grew up on, and that was the WWE.”

Credit: WWE.com

I guess Edge is such a seasoned veteran now that he can say he knows what he's talking about? :rolleyes:

Well umm...yea, he can. How long has he been doing this now? I dare say he has more of a right to criticise anything in the ring, compared to most of the people on this board. (That's not the exactly correct wording I'm thinking of, but I can't think of another way to word it, I'm saying he knows more about the ins and outs of what goes on, then almost everyone on this board, if not everyone no matter how much smarks think they know.)

Not to mention, I assume that that interview is in kayfabe.