TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Less than positive news about recent profits.

From PWInsider:

WWE's earnings came out today and the company is reporting that their fourth-quarter profit fell 35 percent due lower gates at house shows, PPVs and TV tapings, plus a big drop in advertising revenue. Live show revenue dropped 10 percent, to $92.3 million, largely due to the loss of the TV ad revenue that they received on their Spike TV deal and gave up when they moved to USA.

Guest DaGoodz
- Randy Orton was placed on RAW because Vince McMahon feels that Triple H, Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels will be able to keep him in line, since Orton respects all three very much. Vince was ready to fire Orton after his last incident, but was talked out of it by various members of the front office who still feel that Orton has potential to be a main event player in the future.

- Most of those involved in the ECW project believe that it won't work unless the WWE moves the TV show away from the Smackdown tapings and makes it it's own separate entity. There are concerns about stretching many production workers too thin if that happens, but it is expected that Vince will eventually come around on the idea.

- Johnny Nitro is in line for a big push, with many people in the company calling him the "next Shawn Michaels".

- The plan since Wrestlemania has been for Cena to finally drop the title to Triple H at Summerslam, but that plan may have changed. Vince loves Cena and doesn't see any reason to take the belt off of him yet, since he is extremely durable, does whatever the office asks, and has traveled and done more overseas promotion than just about any champion in recent memory. His merchandise is also still among the top sellers on the WWE Shopzone page.

- There has been talk of completely scrapping Shelton Benjamin's push due to his mic work being so poor, but most backstage were impressed with how he came off on RAW last night while doing commentary.

PWInsider

- Randy Orton was placed on RAW because Vince McMahon feels that Triple H, Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels will be able to keep him in line, since Orton respects all three very much. Vince was ready to fire Orton after his last incident, but was talked out of it by various members of the front office who still feel that Orton has potential to be a main event player in the future.

We'll see....I like Orton so I have some hope...he's shown signs that he'lls omeday be good.

- Johnny Nitro is in line for a big push, with many people in the company calling him the "next Shawn Michaels".

better figure out a way to get this guy some reactions of ANY kind fast, then!

- The plan since Wrestlemania has been for Cena to finally drop the title to Triple H at Summerslam, but that plan may have changed. Vince loves Cena and doesn't see any reason to take the belt off of him yet, since he is extremely durable, does whatever the office asks, and has traveled and done more overseas promotion than just about any champion in recent memory. His merchandise is also still among the top sellers on the WWE Shopzone page.

What can we say? If the guy makes money, Vince has to do what he has to do...we just have to deal...another reminder that us "smart" fans only make up a very small percentage of the overall WWE audience.

- There has been talk of completely scrapping Shelton Benjamin's push due to his mic work being so poor, but most backstage were impressed with how he came off on RAW last night while doing commentary.

What a bunch of garbage...they need to go back and watch WM22 (and WM21 while they're at it) as well as the matches with HBK and HHH...this guy can be a star if they'd stop fucking him around.

PWInsider

This makes Nitro the latest to be the "next" Shawn Michaels...and I like him...they shouldn't have jobbed him out to Cena the first week though

It makes no sense for Metallica to be this stubborn. They could easily gain an extra few million a year for allowing them to use the song. $10-13 is an insane demand. As stated before me, the song is 15 years old. It could give them an extra few million a year without having to do anything. That's a stupid business move.

Guest Felonies!

When will the business ever realize that we'll never get "the next Rock/Austin/Michaels/Hogan?" Those were special individuals, and there are surely many more to come. Let people be themselves, it ain't rocket science.

When will the business ever realize that we'll never get "the next Rock/Austin/Michaels/Hogan?" Those were special individuals, and there are surely many more to come. Let people be themselves, it ain't rocket science.

The same applies in sports. People have rushed to coin alot of players "the next Jordan" (Hill to Kobe to Carter to LeBron to Wade). How about being the first LeBron or Kobe instead?

We are only about 5 years away before people start trying to find "the next Tiger".

Guest Felonies!

I also just watched one of those WWE press conferences for the first time. Even THOSE are overproduced. Todd Grisham doesn't need entrance music.

Watching HOGAN KNOWS BEST right now is awesome with Brooke's boyfriend asking Hulk as he watches himself.

"Is that real blood?"

Hulk: Yeah. It's real.

"They pour it on you?"

Hulk: No.

"Know what was my favorite match?"

Hulk: What's that?

"When you fought Rocky. Did you win that one"

Hulk: (after an awkward pause)...when I fought Stalone, it was a part of the movie. It wasn't a real wrestling match. This is real.

(Hogan gets hit with chair)

"How does that not hurt?"

Hulk: It does hurt. The chair's real too, let me hit you with one.

Line of the show "I'm going to get some cortisone and STEROIDS!!"

Now, Hogan is get laser surgery to replace his winkles before SummerSlam.

Less than positive news about recent profits.

From PWInsider:

WWE's earnings came out today and the company is reporting that their fourth-quarter profit fell 35 percent due lower gates at house shows, PPVs and TV tapings, plus a big drop in advertising revenue. Live show revenue dropped 10 percent, to $92.3 million, largely due to the loss of the TV ad revenue that they received on their Spike TV deal and gave up when they moved to USA.

More info, from the AP:

World Wrestling Entertainment profit falls

JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN

Associated Press

STAMFORD, Conn. - World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. said Tuesday its fourth-quarter profit fell 35 percent, hurt by lower revenue from live and televised entertainment and a steep drop in television advertising revenue.

For the quarter ended April 30, the company reported net income of $10.6 million, or 15 cents per share, compared with profits of $16.1 million, or 23 cents per share, a year ago. Revenue declined to $114.3 million from $118.3 million in the year earlier period.

Wall Street had forecast a profit of 13 cents per share, the average estimate of six analysts surveyed by Thomson Financial, on projected sales of $114.3 million.

"The earnings for the quarter were just as expected, but these guys really had to fight to get there," said Dennis McAlpine, managing director of McAlpine Associates in Scarsdale, N.Y. "They're fighting hard for every nickel they get."

Shares of World Wrestling fell 77 cents, or 4.5 percent, to close at $16.23 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange. The stock has traded between $9.98 and $18.54 over the past year.

Live and televised entertainment revenue fell 10 percent to $92.3 million, due to the absence of domestic cable advertising revenue. Television advertising revenue slid 82 percent to $2.2 million after a change in the company's distribution agreement with USA Network.

For May to December 2006, World Wrestling projected net income would be about even with the $30 million, or 43 cents per share, from continuing operations it reported in the comparable eight-month period in 2005.

McAlpine said he was disappointed by the outlook and expressed concerns with profit margins for pay-per-view events. He said the company is introducing new characters in an effort to replace former stars such as "The Rock."

"It's a cyclical business," McAlpine said. "They're going to get some stars out of this eventually."

Michael Kelman, a media analyst with Susquehanna Financial Group in Bala Cynwyd, Pa., said there might be confusion over the outlook because the company is switching from a fiscal to a calendar year to report earnings.

"They're continuing to invest in the business," Kelman said. "I think the company is continuing to move in the right direction."

what's it gonna take for them to get a clue?

Watching HOGAN KNOWS BEST right now is awesome with Brooke's boyfriend asking Hulk as he watches himself.

"Is that real blood?"

Hulk: Yeah. It's real.

"They pour it on you?"

Hulk: No.

"Know what was my favorite match?"

Hulk: What's that?

"When you fought Rocky. Did you win that one"

Hulk: (after an awkward pause)...when I fought Stalone, it was a part of the movie. It wasn't a real wrestling match. This is real.

(Hogan gets hit with chair)

"How does that not hurt?"

Hulk: It does hurt. The chair's real too, let me hit you with one.

Line of the show "I'm going to get some cortisone and STEROIDS!!"

Now, Hogan is get laser surgery to replace his winkles before SummerSlam.

See that's the only reason why I watch Hogan Knows Best! The moments involving The Hulkster. I think the problem with Hogan Knows Best is the same problem that killed The Osbournes. They forgot that Hulk was the most interesting part of the show (Ozzy in the Osbournes case) and decided to focus on the incredibly uninteresting kids. In fact, I'd say Hulk's kids are even less interesting than Ozzy's.

Hogan Knows Best is 100x more interesting then anything directly related to WWE.

Hogan drinking SOCKO is awesome.

Hogan yelling OHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHH OHHHHHH seconds before the case of sport drink is dropped by the hired help is awesome.

I think it's the type of situation where they see a guy who just broke off from a tag team, has a women manager, and has the look of a superstar and they go.. "Hey, he's like Shawn Michaels!"

Guest heyimbro

I didn't see a thread, but then again, I'm half blind.

from WWE.com

Goldust released

June 14, 2006

WWE has come to an agreement on the release of Goldust (Dustin Runnels) as of today, June 14, 2006. WWE wishes Dustin the best in all future endeavors.

I didn't see a thread, but then again, I'm half blind.

from WWE.com

Goldust released

June 14, 2006

WWE has come to an agreement on the release of Goldust (Dustin Runnels) as of today, June 14, 2006. WWE wishes Dustin the best in all future endeavors.

Yet, we have a smackdown brand that needs more players and have Jim Duggan and Tatanka as competitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From PWInsider:

Goldust appears to have been the victim of "creative having nothing" for him, although there was also heat on him for missing Monday Night Raw this week.

I guess all of their creative juices went into that shittacular ECW show.

WWE released Mikey Batts, a former TNA undercard performer, from his WWE developmental deal today. Batts had been working in Ohio Valley Wrestling of late. No word yet on why Batts was released

from pwinsider

I think Goldust was only hired because of Dusty Rhodes, this past time.

Too bad, I don't think Dustin is such a bad worker. He definitely adds comedy as Goldust. Oh well, guess it's back to TNA for him.