TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

According to gerewck.net, OVW's 6/30 show outdrew Smackdown and ecw's taping 6 days earlier.

Now that's sad for smackdown/ECW. Especially a greg gagne booked OVW. But to be fair, wasn't John cena on the Show?

Here is a spoiler for TNA Impact tonight from PWInsider, but I think it should be posted in this thread also:

(has to do with ECW)

According to a source at SpikeTV, the angle for tonight's edition of Impact will feature Rhino issuing an open challenge while holding what is supposed to be the original ECW World title belt, followed by Rhino throwing the belt into a trash can and then setting it on fire. Obviously, TNA is taking a direct shot at the new version of ECW. It sounds like a wild idea and we'll have to see how it comes across in execution tonight.

According to gerewck.net, OVW's 6/30 show outdrew Smackdown and ecw's taping 6 days earlier.

Now that's sad for smackdown/ECW. Especially a greg gagne booked OVW. But to be fair, wasn't John cena on the Show?

Kane and Cena

It should be noted that 6/30 was a heavily hyped show at the Six Flags Amusement park. It's easier to draw a bigger crowd in your home town with John Cena to boot then it would be for Smackdown and ECW in a non "home town".

Here is a spoiler for TNA Impact tonight from PWInsider, but I think it should be posted in this thread also:

(has to do with ECW)

According to a source at SpikeTV, the angle for tonight's edition of Impact will feature Rhino issuing an open challenge while holding what is supposed to be the original ECW World title belt, followed by Rhino throwing the belt into a trash can and then setting it on fire. Obviously, TNA is taking a direct shot at the new version of ECW. It sounds like a wild idea and we'll have to see how it comes across in execution tonight.

Crazy spoilers... yet it smacks of something... ah yes.

Medusa says "Hi, TNA"

From Live Action Wrestling:

*The WWE and The Score will be making a big announcement next Wednesday at the Second City in downtown Toronto (51 Mercer Street) at 1pm. Edge, Ric Flair, Trish Stratus, Torrie Wilson and Shane McMahon will be on hand.

MAybe an announcement about the future of RAW in canada, or a renewal of Smackdown?

When Smackdown first came to the Score, was it not announced that WWE had purchased a ownership stake in The Score?

From JR's Superstar of the Week Article on wwe.com:

Not that I am advocating this scenario whatsoever, but can you image what a wrestler Randy Orton could father with Brooke Hogan? That would be a fourth generation Superstar that would headline WrestleManias for years, brother!

From JR's Superstar of the Week Article on wwe.com:

Not that I am advocating this scenario whatsoever, but can you image what a wrestler Randy Orton could father with Brooke Hogan? That would be a fourth generation Superstar that would headline WrestleManias for years, brother!

It would be so great if Randy and Brooke hooked up for real.

Hogan: So, Randy have you ever taken an AIDS test?

Randy: No, but my Hep test came back negative!

Of course, they'd wait until Randy and Brooke had been dating for six months, then script the entire thing for Hogan Knows Best.

How is throwing the Original ECW Title belt in the trash and setting it on fire, taking a direct shot at the NEW ECW? If anything it makes it seem like Rhino doesn't give a shit about the old ECW belt or the old ECW. If anything the segment should have been Rhino explaining how much the belt means to him, and what he had to go through to get it, rather then tossing it in a trash can.

I haven't seen the segment yet so I will hold off further judgement on it, but thus far from the sounds of it, it doesn't make any sense.

Many people in WWE loved Mick Foley's promo. Many were saying that it's amazing how good a promo can be when a guy can write his own material instead of having to go by a script word for word.

That was one kick ass promo.

That said, many people in WWE creative hated Foley's promo.

Fuckin' figures.

why did they hat eit? It was great. and you have to love Mick for taking time out in a serious promo to remind us he's a personal friend of Melina.

that said, this was the promo that was needed before the vengeance match. I guess we will get a rematch soon though.

Um Foley was putting over his relationships with celebrity interviewers for his book tours.

He mentioned Melina, who if you go by her gimmick and paparazi, is technically a "celebrity". Works for me.

yea I know I was just saying it made me laugh since I wasnt expecting it.

Um Foley was putting over his relationships with celebrity interviewers for his book tours.

He mentioned Melina, who if you go by her gimmick and paparazi, is technically a "celebrity". Works for me.

I don't think it was supposed to work that way... just a little inside joke/humor.

So I've got tickets for the Smackdown! / ECW show next Tuesday from a friend of mine and am wanting a few suggestions for signs.

I figure I'll need signs for both shows..

A few of mine already:

"WHY CANT TOMMY USE MY SIGN?!"

"Where's Tod Gordon?"

"No 450 = L-A-M-E"

"We're Taking Over" (..a friend and I are showing up as Meanie and Nova)

"Singapore Cane = Boomstick!"

"740 > 4:20" (in reference to the area code where RVD got arrested)

...any more?

Don't bring a sign....they're fucking annoying at live crowds, but if you really want to bring one use

"Let Heyman Book!!"

If you followed Foley's blog on WWE.Com when he did it, you'd know he has some hyper-obsession with Melina.

So I've got tickets for the Smackdown! / ECW show next Tuesday from a friend of mine and am wanting a few suggestions for signs.

I figure I'll need signs for both shows..

Signs are so 1997.

But go with this one: "O&A Party Rock!"

How is throwing the Original ECW Title belt in the trash and setting it on fire, taking a direct shot at the NEW ECW? If anything it makes it seem like Rhino doesn't give a shit about the old ECW belt or the old ECW. If anything the segment should have been Rhino explaining how much the belt means to him, and what he had to go through to get it, rather then tossing it in a trash can.

I haven't seen the segment yet so I will hold off further judgement on it, but thus far from the sounds of it, it doesn't make any sense.

You could make the argument that he doesn't want to see the ECW belt lineage ruined with the new ECW, and that this in his mind makes him the true last champion, or something like that.

More importantly, it gave people a reason to give a damn about Rhino again, and made him come off like a star with how the fans were going crazy for him.

Seems that someone closed the Tom McGee post thinking this isn't WWE related and it probably does belong in the classic section.

If I'm not mistaken Tom McGee was this strong man that Vince was very high on because he looked like a MONSTER physically - he had a dark match with Bret Hart and the Hitman made him look like a million dollars.

So they signed him and everything only to find out that Bret was the 999999 dollars of the match and Tom was about a buck worth of talent, hell he may even give you change back on a buck because he absolutely SUCKED in the ring. I think they had him on house shows and dark matches for months and months hoping he would improve but finally they gave up on him.

Moral of the story - Bret Hart could make ANYONE look good back then (Late 80ties)

You could make the argument that he doesn't want to see the ECW belt lineage ruined with the new ECW, and that this in his mind makes him the true last champion, or something like that.

More importantly, it gave people a reason to give a damn about Rhino again, and made him come off like a star with how the fans were going crazy for him.

yea but are we to belive Rhino actually burned up his titl ebelt, wouldnt he want to hold on to that? Id assume that wasnt the ecw and tv titles in there. and don't you love the audience going crazy and chanting TNA while alot of them are wearing wwe tshirts?