TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Whether a belt is a true world title or not is dependent upon how much of a wrestling nerd you fashion yourself to be, since this is all really dependent on perception (gee, just like wrestling). At least this is an argument with some merit instead of that dumbassed title lineage one that pops up every two or three months.

ROH World Title = A real world title in the traditional sense that's defended all over the place, but is only meaningful to 10-20% of those who would identify themselves as wrestling fans.

WWE Title = Generally recognized as #1 in the world whether you like it or not, despite it being defended exclusively within one promotion.

World Heavyweight Title = Same deal as above.

Has the NWA title been defended in other promotions since TNA's had a TV deal and exclusive contracts with workers and whatnot? I know that back in the first year when it was PPV-only you'd hear Tenay and West talk about Jarrett defending the belt against people from other companies, but I don't hear this mentioned on iMPACT or anything.

Two titbits from Da Meltz's appearance on F4 Daily a few days ago:

Ric Flair taped what was called a great comeback promo against Mick Foley on 7/10 to air the next week, but it got nixed because Brian Gewirtz hated it due to Flair talking about wrestling history and Gewirtz had no idea what he was talking about.

Flair only does short promo’s, when he does them at all, because while the writers think he’s a great performer they don’t think he can talk. When Johnny Nitro interrupted him on Raw, the idea was for Nitro to carry the mic work.

Has the NWA title been defended in other promotions since TNA's had a TV deal and exclusive contracts with workers and whatnot? I know that back in the first year when it was PPV-only you'd hear Tenay and West talk about Jarrett defending the belt against people from other companies, but I don't hear this mentioned on iMPACT or anything.

I do think that the NWA titles (Heavyweight, X-divison, and tag titles) are "defended" on other shows thats not TNA. I actually think the X-divison title has been defended over at PWG quite a few times.

The WWE (WWWF, WWF) and the NWA world titles are looked as the highest titles you can really get. I know some of you think differantly, but honestly, if you ask any wrestler today what title they would like to hold, it would be a WWE or NWA title. Now you won't all agree with me, and I understand that, I'm not going to say your wrong but I'm not going to say your right either. The reason why I consider the WWE world title along with the NWA world title the two highest belts a wrestler can get is because in the states those are the two top promotions someone can work for, in the United States. ROH is close to being up there, but until ROH can get on national tv, which means all over the US, ROH will just be looked at as a indy promotion. Thats also my own personnal opinion, just like for some of you its your own personnal opinion that the ROH title is the highest title a wrestler can get.

I'm not counting Japenesse/mexican promotions because I don't follow wrestling japan and mexico.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

They don't think Flair can talk? Where does WWE find these people?

Ric Flair taped what was called a great comeback promo against Mick Foley on 7/10 to air the next week, but it got nixed because Brian Gewirtz hated it due to Flair talking about wrestling history and Gewirtz had no idea what he was talking about.

Flair only does short promo’s, when he does them at all, because while the writers think he’s a great performer they don’t think he can talk. When Johnny Nitro interrupted him on Raw, the idea was for Nitro to carry the mic work.

The only thing that crossed my mind while reading this was: "What the fuck?"

Guest DRH 502
Whether a belt is a true world title or not is dependent upon how much of a wrestling nerd you fashion yourself to be, since this is all really dependent on perception (gee, just like wrestling).

Quoted for truth.

They don't think Flair can talk? Where does WWE find these people?

Maybe they mean that lisp he has developed makes him harder to be understood?

.....That's all I got.

They think Flair can't talk. What the fuck?

I'm telling you if they really want some good Flair mic work, fill Flair up with Jack Daniel's and give him a half hour and you got promo gold.

My thoughts exactly. I was actually lost for words...

Gerwitz has to be the biggest IDIOT. I can't believe he is still the head writer of RAW after 5 years....

My thoughts exactly. I was actually lost for words...

Gerwitz has to be the biggest IDIOT. I can't believe he is still the head writer of RAW after 5 years....

The STUPIDITY of this promotion today just astounds me. Why Vince allows writers like Gewirtz to write shitty TV week in and week out is beyond me. Better yet, I'm surprised HHH allows his buddy Flair to be treated like this. You would think HHH would be there in the back saying to the writers "don't you know who in the hell your talking about here?!?"

While we're on the title recognition debate, I'll toss in this bone:

Do you recognize Rick Rude as a former world champion?

Flair only does short promo’s, when he does them at all, because while the writers think he’s a great performer they don’t think he can talk.

Ric Flair would be a 16 / 23 time world champion if he couldn't talk.

this is the 1st time in a longggggggg time that there has been more talk about Smackdown than Raw on this or any other board....Raw usually has more talk about it even right after a Smackdown ppv

Good lord. I hope this isn't true. I mean, Nitro's a funny guy and gets some decent one-liners every now and again, but carry Flair on the mic? Um, just wow.

I imagine the only reason Gerwitz has a job is because he's a Vince lackey.

Guest nokia

According to Mike Johnson's latest hotline (pwinsider.com) says that;

* Super Crazy has a "health issue" that needs time to heal

* Kid Kash OR Jamie Knoble has personal problems that needs time to be taken care of..So they will be of the road/tv for 1-2 months...

* Also Stephanie has gone into labor, so Vince & Hunter are OFF tonights raw !!

Do you think if Vince got ahold of a former UFC champion these days(like Ken Shamrock) he would destroy him and job him constantly to prove that WWE is better than the UFC?

Guest LatinoHeat

RAW should be a good show tonight.

RAW should be a good show tonight.

Don't bet on it, Hogan will still be there

Yeah, now the wwe can push the next generation of wrestling tonight.

Triple H's baby!!

Hulk Hogan's daughter which can lead to his son being brought in.

Randy Orton being a third generation star trying to take out Hogan.

Davey Boy Smith's son can be put on tonight.

It's "New Generation" all over again :D

From the latest WO.com update:

--Super Crazy was originally booked to face Gregory Helms yesterday as most expected. Crazy has also been taken off the active roster due to health reasons stemming from liver issues. Kid Kash is expected to be suspended after tomorrow's tapings.

--Fit Finlay will be turning face due to the numbers game with so many people out of action. This is not the end of it.

--Kristal Marshall was hospitalized after the bra & panties match last night but we didn't get word as to the nature of the injury

--Mr. Kennedy did not blade last night. If you didn't see the show, he was drenched in blood by the end of the match after Batista rammed his head into the corner of the ring steps and I believe there was a second cut after he went into the post right before the finish.

What the hell is with these livers? Every year, there is always something (Quad, neck, knees...). I guess '06 is the Liver's year. Poor staph infection, since it was the leading injury cause at the start of the year.

Guest DRH 502

Really WHAT THE FUCK on the liver deal?? If Super Crazy abuses steroids he is crazy because that dude has a fucking horrible physique...Khali isn't much either so I wonder what the meaning is of this special code (Liver problems)???

Guest audio_enslaved

This link is to some pictures taken at a house show by a 4w-Forums.com member. Ric Flair teamed up with Michaels to wrestle. If you notice, his shirt has DX sprayed on it and everything. Is this a sign of things to come or is he just an honorary member?!? I guess only time will tell.

- Credit: Rajah.com and 4w-Forums.com