TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

That's pretty much a medical fact. It's why Billy Graham had liver problems. I believe high liver levels can also be due to high cholesterol or an enlarged liver (which isn't necessarily a problem on its own). Given the way pro wrestling is, I'd imagine the simplest explanation is the correct one though.

Guest Oblivious Heel

That was frickin' awesome! Nice find.

RVD the shirtless driving pot bandit.

Man, I hate cops. As soon as RVD said I'm a wrestler and just got done wrestling, that cop was all over him. Not very hard but diffently taking little shots here and there.

And quick question: Do cops consider dope and weed the same thing? I thought the two were differant.

And quick question: Do cops consider dope and weed the same thing? I thought the two were differant.

No, dope is heorin.

No, dope is heorin.

Thats what I figured....again I hate cops.

Matt Hardy sent word to his webmaster at TheHardyShow.com that he will be taking time off from WWE for health reasons.

Hello everyone,

Just a little update on Matt for the sake of killing any rumors and assumptions as to his status.

Simply enough, when Matt was given the standard blood test, they found dormant trace elements of the Staph infection which plagued him many months ago.

After a light antibiotic treatment and a few weeks off to properly rest, Matt will be back...

Feel free to send him your thoughts, possibly via a 'get well' thread on the board?

Hope all of you are making the most of the summer!

Even though RVD/Sabu obviously were guilty for their crimes, I can relate to them with the bullshit of the 55/65 MPH stuff on the interstate.

It wasn't an interstate. It is a four-lane highway that is patrolled heavily by state, county and local cops. The speed limit is a strict 55 through there, and I have heard people complain at being pulled over at 57 mph before. The road connects to Huntington, WV by a bridge over the Ohio River, and ass soon as you cross the bridge, it is widely known the speed trap is in effect. They typically pull over more out of state licenses than Ohio drivers. Due to this road being a major road to connect Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia, there are loads and loads of tickets given out. It is also clearly marked "Speed Limit 55 Strictly Enforced" every other mile or so.

Guest wildpegasus

No, dope is heorin.

Dope is another word for marijuana.

Guest wildpegasus
Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the topics here, but a poster with a medical background over at Wrestling Classics explained that the liver problems currently plaguing the Smackdown roster are often associated with steroids that are taken orally instead of injection due to the way the body has to break them down. Don't know how much truth there is to that, but another interesting thing to consider.

Taken steroids orally is harder on your liver. A reason why a lot of people take them through a needle instead.

Guest DRH 502

MOST oral steroids are methylated. Thats makes them very hepatoxic...plus orally it must pass through the liver twice hence why most orals aren't meant to be ran any longer than 6 weeks (at the MAX).

EDIT: I've also heard everything from meth to marijuana referred to as dope. Its just a slang term for drugs in general, although it is used more frequently for marijuana, H and meth....

From PWInsider:

-Another SD talent is being taken off the road for 30 days, this time, Tatanka. They aren't saying what the problem is, since they say they don't know, but it of course has something to do with a blood test, wellness policy, personal reasons. As a result of this, the SD active roster is down to only 16 different guys (that number does not include Chavo or any guys who may show up on the next SD taped show).

No, dope is heorin.

Dope is another word for marijuana.

saved_by_the_bell.jpg.w180h142.jpg

There's no hope with dope.

--For the new Hulk Hogan DVD, here are the matches that will be on it;

Hogan vs. Andre 9/13/80

Hogan vs. Nick Bockwinkel 4/24/83 AWA title match--this was the big one that drew about 25,000 fans

Hogan vs. Iron Sheik WWF title switch

Hogan vs. John Studd 9/22/84

Hogan vs. Roddy Piper 2/18/85 MTV

Hogan & Mr. T vs. Piper & Paul Orndorff Mania 1

Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy Mania 2

Hogan vs. Orndorff Toronto Exhibition Stadium

Hogan vs. Andre Wrestlemania III

Hogan vs. Randy Savage Wrestlemania 5

Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior Wrestlemania 6

Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter Wrestlemania 7

Hogan vs. Undertaker 12/3/91

Hogan vs. Ric Flair 7/17/94

NWO formation

Hogan vs. The Giant 8/10/96

Hogan vs. Sting 12/28/97 Starrcade match

Hogan vs. Curt Hennig 11/14/01 -- They've bought the XWF footage as well I guess

Hogan vs. Rock 3/17/02 Mania 18

Hogan vs. HHH 4/21/02 Backlash

Hogan & Edge vs Billy & Chuck 7/4/02

Hogan vs. Vince McMahon Mania 19

Hogan Hall of Fame Induction

Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels 8/21/05

Didn't Hogan own the XWF footage? I assume he sold it or he is letting them use it for the dvd.

That's still a random match for this dvd and they once again used the standards instead of the rare stuff that would probably sell to those who already have the first dvd.

Not much on that Hogan DVD that looks appealing. Why they don't take advantage of their tape library to use rare matches that a lot of fans don't already own I have no idea because I'd buy that in a heart beat compared to all of the WrestleMania matches and such that I already own.

One of the guys at PWInsider recently said that if he was in charge of the DVDs, he'd set it up like this. When putting together a new DVD, but there are major matches that need to be mentioned but have already been on DVD before, what they should do is just show the quick clips of the match while they talk about whatever, and put on the screen something like "this match is available in it's entirety on ________ (fill in the blank for the DVD). That way, we don't get so many repeats, and they even make more money.

That way, we could get more of the rare matches and that sort of stuff. They were talking about the upcoming DVD about the history of the WWE title, and how most of the matches are already on other DVDs.

I wish they would do that. I mean, a lot of those old matches are pretty horrible by today's standards. Just show some clipped highlights, show the finish, and have some commentary over the whole thing. That would be fine. I really don't need to watch Savage vs Hogan from WM5 in its entirety again, thank you very much.

That is a nice idea, but since they want to soak us for all our money they won't change their ways.

Guest J0bber
From PWInsider:

-Another SD talent is being taken off the road for 30 days, this time, Tatanka. They aren't saying what the problem is, since they say they don't know, but it of course has something to do with a blood test, wellness policy, personal reasons. As a result of this, the SD active roster is down to only 16 different guys (that number does not include Chavo or any guys who may show up on the next SD taped show).

I don't think this will hurt Smackdown too much as Tatanka was used as a veteran nostalgia act that ocassionaly jobbed to get talent over.