TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

After Jeff Hardy returns Monday night, who will he feud with first? Will WWE start him off at the bottom or immediately place him in contention for the Intercontinental title?

Watch him beat Nitro for the IC Title on Monday.

If it happens. I called it first!

If this happens..I'll blame you.

Jeff Hardy vs Shane McMahon in a dance off.

With Eugene as ref.

Guest nokia

Found at gerweck.net

from Josh Fisher: I just heard an add on the Radio for the August 22nd Smackdown tapings/ECW live TV event. It said that the main event for ECW would be The Big Show taking on the New ECW Champion. Also there was no mention of King Booker when they were listing some of the smackdown stars.

From yesteday's WO.com update:

--An interesting coincidence or more than that. WWE usually releases buy rates 2-4 weeks after the shows. The company has not released one buy rate since May. That was the month that Gracie vs. Hughes did 600,000 buys and beat out Mania domestically. It will be interesting to see if they do release the last few shows at the investors conference later this month. I don't even think they were that bad, as noting indicated they would be falling from the levels of the past year and I was expecting Vengeance in particular to do well.

Guest Kobe24KGold
From yesteday's WO.com update:

--An interesting coincidence or more than that. WWE usually releases buy rates 2-4 weeks after the shows. The company has not released one buy rate since May. That was the month that Gracie vs. Hughes did 600,000 buys and beat out Mania domestically. It will be interesting to see if they do release the last few shows at the investors conference later this month. I don't even think they were that bad, as noting indicated they would be falling from the levels of the past year and I was expecting Vengeance in particular to do well.

Sabu must have eaten the buyrate figures

-Can you believe one year ago we'd be asking a question if a SummerSlam featuring a Hulk Hogan match, seven bona fide main event level bouts, and a Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley I Quit dream match where both were given adequate time can do half the domestic buys as Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz. This industry has changed incredibly since February.

From WO.com

I think SS can do more than half the domestic buys as Oritz vs. Shamrock II, but no way is it beating it.

Is that Chuck Palumbo with the blonde hair?

Now you mention it it looks a lot like Chuck but it is Silverback Ryan Reeves.

So who is everyone else? I don't reconize any of them and is that a gimmick thats happening in OVW?

I think it's Jack Bull, Cody Runnells, Dice Domino, and "Silverback" Ryan Reeves. No idea if this is a gimmick in OVW, would be fun though. Bull does look a lot like Arn Anderson in that picture. Reeves' hair looks weird...

"from Josh Fisher: I just heard an add on the Radio for the August 22nd Smackdown tapings/ECW live TV event. It said that the main event for ECW would be The Big Show taking on the New ECW Champion. Also there was no mention of King Booker when they were listing some of the smackdown stars."

Could be because Booker wasn't a main eventer when the ad was taped and RVD had yet to be crowned the new ECW Champion. Those local ads are WAY old sometimes.

-Could you believe one year ago that a SummerSlam where Hogan vs. Orton and HHH and Shawn vs. the McMahons were the most hyped matches would do a poor buyrate?

Edited to ask a more relevant question. Seriously, this was a pretty weak card for the 2nd-biggest PPV of the year. Hogan's not that much of a draw any more, and in a half-assed feud with Orton, no one really cares. The DX/McMahons stuff is good for television ratings, but it's not much of a PPV draw. So what are we left with? Batista who lost serious overness at the ECW show vs. Booker who no one quite takes seriously as a main eventer yet, and Cena vs. Edge part MMMCLXXVIII. Neither RVD (the top face from ECW) nor Undertaker (the top face from Smackdown) was on the card.

For anybody who is interested, after SummerSlam my cable provider showed a promo for Unforgiven, and the poster shown was that black and white Cena one with the title cut into his muscles that was posted here a while ago.

Hulk Hogan is a fucking embarrasment to preffesional wrestling.

I agree, hes also an embarrassment to Professional Wrestling aswell

Guest Hemme

Oh dear, I made a spelling error, I'm not very smart.

You on the otherhand are a cunt, so we all have our little flaws dont we.

:wub:

Haha.. this was a great comeback.

Backstage at RAW today, WWE management believe that Triple H and Shawn Michaels got the better of Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam last night. Backstage, Triple H is bragging by saying, "I got three words for you ... Suck it brother." Triple H cupped his ear to the fans and he couldn't get as loud as a response as Hogan got when he did the crotch-chop during his match with Randy Orton last night at SummerSlam. You could see in Triple H's face that he wasn't too happy about the lack of response, even after he tried to get a cheap pop by saying that they were in Boston. According to another person, Hogan got the better of them and Triple H, Shawn Michaels & the WWE braintrust don't want to admit it.

From Gerweck.net

Dean Malenko is serving as the agent for the Rey Mysterio/Guerrero segments.

Now that's messed up.

Dave Scherer is reporting that Bob Holly and Matt Striker are being moved to the ECW brand to be mid-card heels.

Holly and Striker made their ECW debuts tonight at the show in Altoona, PA. At the show, Holly defeated Balls Mahoney and Matt Striker cut a promo.

We're not supposed to call people cunts here, buddy.

Dave Scherer is reporting that Bob Holly and Matt Striker are being moved to the ECW brand to be mid-card heels.

Holly and Striker made their ECW debuts tonight at the show in Altoona, PA. At the show, Holly defeated Balls Mahoney and Matt Striker cut a promo.

Hooray for Matt Striker.