TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

I couldn't find this thread since the pinning. The stuff that happens when you leave town for 3 days.

So it's a new month on 24/7, and damn the "Shroties" (the seciton that is for a single segment or match, not a whole show) section is great, filled with Halloween / "spooky" themed wrestlecrap. 24 minutes of Dungeon of Doom vignettes, featuring Vader teleporting into the dungeon. He states he has travelled to another dimension and is once again Big Van Vader (he is cutting this promo while wearing the mastadon helmet). Then he teleports out.

They also have a Gary Michael Cappetta sound-alike on Halloween Havoc 92 doing dub ring introductions for situations where redubbed music erases the original ring announcing. He sounds nothing like him, but has a similar speech pattern, which is what I guess they were shooting for.

Is the "family reunion" supposed to play off last year's HOMECOMING? It's about the 1 year anniversary mark anyways.

It sure is. The 1 year anniversary of RAW returning to the USA Network.

Guest Diablo_Dor
Is the "family reunion" supposed to play off last year's HOMECOMING? It's about the 1 year anniversary mark anyways.

It sure is. The 1 year anniversary of RAW returning to the USA Network.

It shows how little I pay attention to Raw these days.

I thought it was a reference to the 700th show though I've no idea what that has to do with "Family Reunion"

Also why would you want to remind people of the single most cringe worthy segment of last years USA Debut? that Austin - McMahon family skit was just dire.

ECW's match at Survivor Series is currently planned internally to be a 4-on-4 Extreme Rules elimination match marketed as "Originals vs. Extremists" featuring Tommy Dreamer, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, & The Sandman vs. The Big Show, Test, Mike Knox, & Hardcore Holly.

ECW's match at Survivor Series is currently planned internally to be a 4-on-4 Extreme Rules elimination match marketed as "Originals vs. Extremists" featuring Tommy Dreamer, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, & The Sandman vs. The Big Show, Test, Mike Knox, & Hardcore Holly.

I was expecting Balls and Striker to be included but that's pretty much what I expected. Here's what I expect for the entire card

WWE Title

Street Fight

John Cena Vs Umaga

World Title

King Booker Vs Undertaker Vs Ken Kennedy Vs Batista

ECW Survivor Series Match

Test, TBS, Knox, Striker and Holly

Vs

Sabu, Dreamer, RVD, Sandman and Balls Mahoney

RAW Survivor Series Match

DX, Carlito, Super Crazy and Jeff Hardy

Vs

Randy Orton, Edge, Murdoch, Cade and Chris Masters

Smackdown Survivor Series Match

Lashley, Matt Hardy, Chris Benoit and The Hooligans

Vs

Finlay, Regal, Pitbulls and Gregory Helms

Woman's Title

Title Vs Lita's job

Mickie James Vs Lita (her last night)

WWE.com's press release about the show made it sound like it would be a 3 team elimination bout, kind of like Uncensored 97, but it was very vague. What is the source on that above match?

Sounds like it could be a fun match.

Long to make major announcement

Sept. 27, 2006

Sources close to Theodore Long have told WWE.com that SmackDown's General Manager plans to make a major announcement this afternoon at 3 p.m. on WWE.com. There is no word at this time as to what the General Manager has in mind. Check back this afternoon for Theodore Long's announcement.

WWE.com

they signed MVP

Fuck yeah. That's the thing with WWE, TNA makes a move in Angle, and they immediatly counter by signing MVP.

LOL I don't know if that's the announcement, that was just my guess!!!

EDIT: well I'll be damned...that WAS the announcement...gee, who woulda guessed THAT one?

New entry by JR. Quick Angle/TNA mention.

They hung an innocent man the night the lights went out in Georgia and Monday night on RAW John Cena got the short end of the stick in Oklahoma City’s Ford Center on a raucous night that started with a power malfunction. The OKC faithful which numbered around 10,000 delivered the goods and were a hot crowd all night.

Many on the internet were speculating as to why the power went out in the arena as in using “Oliver Stone” type logic that everything that happens on TV is well planned and has a reason for happening. It’s a live TV show that simply experienced a power failure due to some issue with the heat in the arena essentially tripping massive breakers in the Ford Center. The arena itself is a first class facility hosting many major events including a WWE pay per view in 2005 and the NBA Hornets. It certainly isn’t as if every minute of every live RAW broadcast is like a well oiled machine. It’s live TV and things happen virtually every week that most of us don’t expect. RAW # 696 will be remembered that way for me.

Lita advances in the first match of the tournament to crown a new Women’s Champion after Trish won the Title at Unforgiven and retired to marry and lead a normal life. Lita has to be the favorite to win this tourney with Mickie James right there breathing down her neck, so to speak. I’m begging to see a tournament bracket.

Umaga blew off Jonathan Coachman Monday night and still got involved in Kane’s match for the IC Title with Johnny “Don’t Call Me Monday” Nitro. I detest when matches end abruptly and without a clear cut winner or loser. I assume next Monday in Topeka Coachman will conference with Estrada to address Umaga’s lack of institutional control.

Nitro is evolving well as the IC Champion but he needs to get away from Kane. Health insurance for independent contractors is expensive these days.

Melina is still a jezebel who will most likely dump Nitro to “up grade” the minute Nitro loses the IC Title. That’s just one man’s opinion.

Maria and Eugene in a car on a long trip with “spy cameras” might make a nice “reality show”. Who could we add to this “cast”??

Cryme Tyme is going to definitely be fan favorites or so it seems. This is a RAW team in more ways than one but I think there is an upside here with these two men from “the hood”.

Ric Flair was called into action again Monday night. I love “Naitch” but less is more as it relates to seeing this legend in the ring. Flair’s matches should be kept as “special occasions” and not weekly occurrences.

It has not been a stellar two weeks for the Spirit Squad in singles matches. Maybe the self appointed alpha male of the group, Kenny, no last name needed, will be the next young buck to challenge the 16X champ next week in Topeka on RAW. Did you know that the Spirit Squad are the World Tag Team Champions? (Hey, it’s only a joke. Or is it???)

I still don’t know who won or lost the Gauntlet Match that DX competed in on RAW. My best educated guess is that it was a double Disqualification with DZ and Cade and Murdoch. I love the potential of Cade and Murdoch and think they may be the best of the young talents who have been developing on RAW but this young, talented duo has no identity yet. I won’t even get into haircuts or facial hair here as it relates to these young pups.

As long as DX is together they need viable competition in tag team matches and it looks like Cade and Murdoch may be the first one’s to step up to the plate and want to dance with the big boys. One thing is for sure, Cade and Murdoch will get better and better the more in ring time they have with DX.

Would Viscera, who can do some pretty amazing things for a man of his enormous size, be even more menacing if Vis did not wrestle in pajamas?

Charlie Haas looked Middle Eastern to me Monday night for some crazy reason. Another mysteriously, covert message to be analyzed in depth. Or it may have just been the light or my senility.

I would have loved to see more of the Jeff Hardy-Shelton Benjamin match Monday night but Jeff ended it suddenly and not in typical Hardy fashion. Shelton is arguably the best pure athlete on any WWE brand but his personal, social views need to be left off TV and he should just focus on wrestling and beating people.

The Randy Orton/Carlito rivalry has the potential to escalate into something special on RAW. However, potential doesn’t buy groceries.

Super Crazy has been an “Extremely” and pleasantly surprising addition to RAW. King’s bumble bee reference regarding Super Crazy was hilarious.

Chris Masters hasn’t seemed to be quite the same in the ring since he returned from hiatus. Masters may be too one dimensional offensively as it relates to his “Masterlock” and the use thereof. Masters might benefit from being in a tag team with a veteran wrestler and I am not referring to Orton.

It was surprising to see the honorable Eric Bischoff on RAW Monday night. The silver haired, deal maker has written a controversial book, I read the original manuscript, that will piss off some within the business and tells an enlightening story from Eric’s perspective of the Monday Night Wars and the tumultuous days he experienced at WCW. There is a great deal of talking “wrestling politics” in this book and I think most hardcore fans of the biz will enjoy it. “Cash Creates Controversy” could easily be a sleeper hit. Bischoff holds little back in this one.

The last one armed tied behind one’s back match was one I called years ago in Ft. Worth when I sit in for a week on World Class Wrestling and it was Freebird Buddy Jack Roberts vs. referee David Manning. That might be a WWE 24/7 nugget someday.

After John Cena easily disposed of Lita, no surprise, with one armed tied behind him Monday night it felt like the “fix was in” when the three Smackdown wrestlers made a surprise appearance. Edge loved what he saw when Booker, Regal and Finley did a number on Cena prior to their 6 man tag this Friday night on Smackdown on the new CW network. I am shocked that no one from RAW came to the ring to assist Cena Monday night. I assume DX had left the arena because if DX had been available they would have obviously intervened.

By the way, “King” Booker, lose the Lennox Lewis-like British accent. It’s about as genuine as a mother in law’s hug. That’s no knock on Booker’s wrestling ability but the faux accent is killing me. Maybe that’s the point.

What is the over/under on how long Kurt Angle stays in TNA? I think the world of Kurt and hope he gets totally healthy much sooner than later. Perhaps being a part of TNA will work for Kurt as it relates to travel and in ring demands. I do think this genre is much better suited for Angle than mixed martial arts, UFC, etc. I wish Kurt well on his new opportunity and that is true, damn true.

The WWE is excited about the TV ratings for the first Smackdown broadcast on the CW network. It was 2nd overall in their target demo of men 18-34.

It was great to see so many of my friends at the Ford Center on Monday night including OU Sooner head football coach Bob Stoops who brought his kids along with 5 other OU football coaches and their sons. My pal and country music superstar Toby Keith and his son were also at ringside.

I received a much unexpected surprise at the end of the evening which can be viewed if you dare and have a strong stomach on www.wwe.com. Luckily for all those with sight it did not last long. I knew it was going to be too good to be true for me to “escape” OKC unscathed! There are some very “unique” (o.k. sick) individuals working behind the scenes in the WWE to think up stuff like this. Nonetheless it was done in the spirit of fun and it seemed like the fans got a kick out of it.

We will have another wrestling blog this week as I am heading to Tulsa to watch Smackdown and ECW from the familiar haunts of the Tulsa Convention Center. ECW airs Tuesday nights LIVE on the Sci Fi Network but you probably already knew that.

The big Monday night RAW Homecoming on October 9 will be a three hour affair, sounds like an old Lawler relationship, and will feature stars from all three WWE brands. Does that mean we will have three sets of announcers at ringside so everyone can get their “rub” off the flagship TV vehicle Monday Night RAW? Perhaps we can throw in Carlos and Hugo and make it “Announcer-Mania”. Hey, after my October last year I am just happy to be here, period. Dodging the colon cancer bullet was much more significant for me personally that who gets a “rub” or how many on cameras one brand gets over the other. Fragile egos should not get in the way of the reality of real, life and death issues. The television business, in general, eats people up and spits them out as does every form of sports and entertainment. One day, one is loved the next day one is old news. That’s simply the way it is. I am so thankful for the gift of life that I go to work every week looking to have fun and enjoy the total experience rather than to become immersed in political bull@#$%. There are no guarantees for “next week” in any phase of our lives so we will be better served if we count our blessings more often.

Take care and check us out again this week. Don’t forget to visit our photo gallery as we will have some new stuff up this week and our store. Our goal here is to sell some product, to be dead-ass honest, and I think you will love our sauces and merchandise. If not, just let me know. Thanks!

J.R.

A few weeks back, one of the pitbulls did a move where he lifted his opponent into a standing vertical suplex position, but then threw him down like he were giving him a powerbomb. What's that move called and how dangerous is it? I would think that if the attacker didn't throw the opponent at just the right angle, there would be a risk of him taking the bump squarly on his head or neck.

This isn't really news, but it is a funny note. From a PWInsider hotline:

-RVD recently missed an ECW show because he drove to Tyler, OK instead of Tyler, Texas. He went several hours in the wrong direction, and wasn't able to make it back to where he was supposed to be.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
J.B.L. to sit down for explosive interview with Eric Bischoff.

JBLERIC_09262006ca_038.jpg

This Thursday at 3pm ET on WWE.com, Smackdown commentator John Bradshaw Layfield will conduct an in-depth, up-close and personal interview with former Raw General Manager and head of WCW Eric Bischoff. The interview will cover Bischoff's new book, "Controversy Creates Cash", as well as a number of other hot topics surrounding the outspoken former face of Raw and WCW. Stay tuned to WWE.com for this explosive interview.

This isn't really news, but it is a funny note. From a PWInsider hotline:

-RVD recently missed an ECW show because he drove to Tyler, OK instead of Tyler, Texas. He went several hours in the wrong direction, and wasn't able to make it back to where he was supposed to be.

oh RVD, you gotta stop hitting the bong before hitting the road...

Two updates from JR:

Thanks for all the emails.

Here we go……..

Our on line store – It will be open this week I am told so you will be able to order our sauces, our caps, t shirts, etc. very soon. If you order anything you don’t like you need to let me know. This is a fan friendly site and we will be honest and fair with every customer. That’s my promise.

Stone Cold is in Southern California and just returned from Australia where he made a movie for WWE Films. Steve called me this week and he is reading other scripts and getting ready to start his second movie soon. I know he is working out every day but has no plans to return to the ring to wrestle at this time. He said he hasn’t felt this good in years. I wouldn’t get back in the ring if I were Steve with his neck issues and movie career ahead of him. Steve is actually coming here to Norman soon to attend an OU football with yours truly and the Mrs.

TNA on Mondays?? I say, just bring it. (Thanks, Rock) It really doesn’t matter what I think but competition is good for everyone. If it were to be TNA on Monday Night so be it but I don’t think the folks at TNA or their network are crazy so I doubt that you will see TNA vs. Monday Night Raw any time soon.

Kurt Angle- Like many of you I worry about Kurt too because I care for him. He is a friend. Regarding Kurt’s release, I do not know the details except that I think that the release was mutual, as I understand it, and effective immediately upon everyone signing it. That is not official but it is how I understand it.

King pile drive Michael Cole at Homecoming- Not gonna happen. Why are so many people angry at Michael Cole? He’s a good guy. I do like the idea of a 4 Horseman reunion at Homecoming there in South Carolina.

Outside Interference- There is too much of this in the business in general but it has been around forever, unfortunately. I’m not a big fan of it either.

Samoa Joe- I like his physicality. He may not have a body builder’s physique but he certainly seems to be physical. I said the same thing about Cactus Jack many moons ago and he seems to have done o.k. for himself. With my old body, I am not casting stones at Samoa Joe or Cactus for the record.

I am sure I have forgotten many matches where a competitor had one arm tied behind their back. I was only referring to those I could remember off the top of my head. When you have called thousands of matches over 30 years a few of them fall through the cracks, sometimes purposely. I don’t think I saw Jericho versus Nick Patrick but I remember it happening once it was mentioned.

Bob Holly-Yes, Hardcore Holly is a legit, tough S.O.B. I, too, hope he is better soon and gets back to doing what he loves. Hardcore’s match with RVD this week on ECW was a physical train wreck.

Kelly Gregg- The Baltimore Raven Defensive Tackle might make a great WWE superstar. Kelly is a friend of Charlie Haas and is from Edmond, Oklahoma and played football for the Sooners. Kelly was also a 3 time state wrestling champion.

Johnny Nitro may not be the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time yet but I do see excellent potential in this young man. He is very athletic and can do some things in the ring he has not utilized on TV as of yet. Let’s give him some time before he is thrown out with the dish water.

Bryan Danielson- He is an excellent in ring talent. There is no doubt that this athlete is all that his fan base think he is. I like Bryan’s passion and his work ethic a great deal. He doesn’t have the size many covet but Danielson is a player.

To King (not Lawler but a poser)- Obviously you aren’t using your real name and I can see why. You are classless. Call me what you wish, Mr. BBQ works for me, but leave the profanity off our site. This is a family site. You are exactly the type of person that gives the sports entertainment business a bad name. Thanks.

I appreciate all the emails but I respectfully ask that you keep them clean. Say what you want but do not do it in a profane way. I don’t think that is asking too much.

Keep the emails coming and I will answer more as time permits.

J.R.

That was from the 27th. Now from today (28th):

We are burning daylight so let’s get started:

Kurt Angle- This matter is really getting a great deal of feedback and may be borderline over analyzed. Kurt needed time off to deal issues he has throughly discussed on his own website. As I understand it the WWE and Kurt mutually agreed to release Kurt so he could heal physically and mentally and then puruse other options including coming back to the WWE if he was healthy and chose to. No one betrayed anyone here. Kurt needed to step away from the WWE and heal. It was that simple. For anyone to say Kurt was “held back” is a little far fetched to me. Kurt made a ton of money in the WWE and earned a worldwide reputation. What else was he supposed to do while in the WWE? This business is about making cash, plain and simple. Kurt made big money and got famous in the WWE. He deserved all his accolades and the rewards that went with them. TNA is not going to become an overnight sensation with or without Kurt Angle. One man does not a company make. I perceive and am told that there are conflicts of interest issues in TNA but that’s hearsay because I am not there. I hope everyone in TNA are all successful and finally reach profitability.

Vince Russo in TNA- I wish him the best. I have no ax to grind with Russo. We have not always agreed philosophically but that doesn’t necessarily make either of us wrong. Russo has had some excellent concepts in the past. Perhaps he can re-generate those types of ideas in TNA. Time will tell. The question is can Russo comfortably write reality based story lines and stay creatively stimulated. I think the trend is going back to in ring drama and physicality but that may just be my wishful thinking.

The WWE has had numerous talks with Sting over the years but Sting was never overly interested in working anything but a part time schedule at the time. Sting is a class act and a talented, good man.

The old ECW is dead. It has been buried. It will not be returning which I think is a good thing. The new ECW has the chance to be successful for years and keep their wrestlers healthy. The old ECW physically gobbled up wrestlers and broke them down to shells of themselves. I like the new ECW. I enjoyed the old ECW, too, but its time has passed.

ROH- I don’t see enough of the Ring of Honor to accurately comment on their group. I read about them from time to time and do respect their passion. Their wrestlers really work hard. Got to love that.

Undertaker quit? I sure as hell hope not. Not only is Taker a great Superstar but he is one of the greatest leaders in the locker room that this business has ever seen. I know of no one in the business I respect more than The Undertaker.

Tag Team Wrestling- In virtually every area of the world I get a chance to preview, tag team wrestling in general is not good. Not enough guys are setting their goals to be a part of a great team as the big money is in singles matches.

If you want to be a writer in the WWE contact the WWE Human Resources department and if you get hired be ready to work 6-7 days a week.

Bryan Danielson- I have no idea if Bryan is the best in the world but drawing money is a criteria as to who is the best in the world and not simply being a sound technician.

Does Vince McMahon own TNA? Not hardly. But who knows, he might some day.

Is Eric Bischoff coming back to WWE TV- Your guess is as good as mine and I spoke to Eric Tuesday in Tulsa and he did not know then.

JBL- The man himself told me he was planning on staying with Smackdown for the foreseeable future. JBL is a good talker and does a nice job on Friday nights with his colorful commentary and making Michael Cole’s life challenging.

NWO-I don’t know where all the NWO/DX stuff is coming from but I would seriously doubt that this will ever happen to where the nWo comes to the WWE and if, and that’s a big if, it would not be long term. My money says it won’t happen. it might be fun for a while to see it but it isn’t likely to happen but I could be wrong.

Does J.R. ever want to become a manager? NO…thanks.

Can we ship our products abroad or throughout the world? Absolutely. Check out our store and when it is operable it will tell you exactly what you need to do to get us to ship right to your door.

From a PWInsider hotline:

-Justin Credible is just about to be released. The two main reasons are him pulling a no-show recently and leaking information to the internet wrestling news sites. WWE found out about it, and it was something that was obviously from Credible since it was something only he would know or talk about.

From a PWInsider hotline:

-Justin Credible is just about to be released. The two main reasons are him pulling a no-show recently and leaking information to the internet wrestling news sites. WWE found out about it, and it was something that was obviously from Credible since it was something only he would know or talk about.

How WILL the ECW brand survive?! Eh, maybe that MTV noise will take-off and he can go back to them. Meltzer confirmed the release as well.

JBL interviewing Eric Bischoff on WWE.com was pretty good. It's about 20 minutes, split into four parts.