TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Cade looked huge at Cyber Sunday. Meltzer (quite accurately) pointed out no one notices Cade's size because it's a "Land of the Giants" type deal.

S_D: During your time without a net connection, we ("we" being the 24/7 Connection - myself, cabbageboy, Black Lushus, tapout, and MilleniumMan in regards to the online version) decided to post the line-ups in General Wrestling.

It will be interesting to see what kind of shape HHH shows up in when he comes back. If I am not mistaken he has said that steroids were prescribed to him the last time he tore his quad.

Someone should teach Edge how to beat the test. As of late he is looking more like a guy who you would see at the local Y trying to relive past high school glory in pickup basketball games.

The problem is Edge is just a guy who can't get bigger... he was on roids before, and there was no change. He has the same body type as DDP.

People often underestimate the part genetics play in the kind of physique a wrestler can get, even when they're on steroids. For sure steroids help, and can help a lot, but there's only so far they can take you if you don't have good genetics.

I don't feel like typing up a detailed WON News post, but here's some highlights from this weeks issue

Tentative WM Main Events at the time of printing - Batista vs Undertaker, Cena vs Michaels, Hogan vs Shane and / or Khali. Edge and Orton are being likely going to regain the tag belts and are being considered for some sort of title defense on the show. While it was originally booked for Batista to end the Undertakers streak, they are becoming increasingly more apprehensive towards the idea, since Batista, while still over with the crowds, would likely get shit on if he ends the streak of the Undertaker, a man whom the crowd respects far more then Batista.

The reason Test was jobbed out 3 times in a row to Lashley was because Vince just really doesn't give a shit about ECW anymore, and is just using it to get Lashley over as strong as possible for his eventual return to either RAW or Smackdown.

Vince & co. were reportedly concerned about WSX, not so much because of the competition, but because they were going head to head with ECW. That is why they tried to do the big push with McMahon appearing on ECW, in an attempt to pop a rating and squash WSX before they even get off the ground.

The reason RVD has been getting jobbed out is most likely because he has given his notice and isn't going to resign. He had to give notice one way or another by the end of this week, or else his contract would just automatically roll over. Despite this, RVD's contract doesn't actually expire until sometime over the summer.

There is increasing concern internally about the fact that many sports bars now aren't carrying WWE shows, and are instead opting to order UFC shows, which draw larger crowds, whom spend more money, then the people who come to see wrestling.

Why is it that the internet has an orgasm over Kenta Kobashi's spinning backhand chop to the face, but when Khali does a chop it's "OMG, big oaf, he sux, wow, a fuckin' chop".

The #1 moment in this year's awful Rumble was Khali tossing the internet squad, with Benoit, CM Punk, and RVD being chopped and tossed to the floor, IMO.

Add to the fact that Khali would legit murder Kobashi in a fight and I DON'T GET why Khali's chops are seen as "awful". He has been doing the SAME chops now, not just the Tatanka-esque overhead chops.

Orton selling the chop like he just got an axe to the skull was the #1 markout moment of the 2007 Rumble for me.

Could be because Kobashi uses his chop as a set-up for several other moves like the lariat and Burning Hammer, while for Khali it's his only move. Well, that and the "choke lift into a gentle laying down of his opponent."

Might also be because Kobashi can actually work.

So anyway, what's the deal with CM Punk? I keep hearing different things, and what I hear is 'backstage' doesn't nessesarily follow what's going on in the ring. He hasn't been reduced to Chris Masters status, and he IS in a feud with Matt Striker, not to mention he lasted a while in the rumble (the announcers making mention of it.) So I don't know what the deal is. Are they simply scaling his push back for a while or going into full-on burial mode?

So anyway, what's the deal with CM Punk? I keep hearing different things, and what I hear is 'backstage' doesn't nessesarily follow what's going on in the ring. He hasn't been reduced to Chris Masters status, and he IS in a feud with Matt Striker, not to mention he lasted a while in the rumble (the announcers making mention of it.) So I don't know what the deal is. Are they simply scaling his push back for a while or going into full-on burial mode?

His push is dead. He's not getting buried, probably because they only have six or seven wrestlers on the ECW brand and need a warm body, but it'll happen in due course unless minds get changed and it's decided Punk can work all of a sudden.

The reason Test was jobbed out 3 times in a row to Lashley was because Vince just really doesn't give a shit about ECW anymore, and is just using it to get Lashley over as strong as possible for his eventual return to either RAW or Smackdown.

Vince & co. were reportedly concerned about WSX, not so much because of the competition, but because they were going head to head with ECW. That is why they tried to do the big push with McMahon appearing on ECW, in an attempt to pop a rating and squash WSX before they even get off the ground.

The 2nd statement completely contradicts the part that says "Vince just really doesn't give a shit about ECW anymore".

The 2nd statement completely contradicts the part that says "Vince just really doesn't give a shit about ECW anymore".

The first part was before they became aware of WSX.

And to see how far Chris Masters's has come, both in physique and facially, here's an older picture of him:

chris_sign_2.jpg

And Cena::

prototype.jpg

The problem is Edge is just a guy who can't get bigger... he was on roids before, and there was no change. He has the same body type as DDP.

That's not true. He did look visibly bigger after he came back from his neck injury. He just got injured left and right on roids, so it's best he's off them, that's for sure.

How long ago did they do the WSX tapings? Vince surely should have known about it well before two weeks ago.

How long ago did they do the WSX tapings? Vince surely should have known about it well before two weeks ago.

I meant aware of WSX going against ECW. News doesn't tend to get into the WWE bubble, so they don't become aware of a lot of things you might otherwise think they would be.

"because Kobashi can actually work."

The Great Khali happens to benefit from his massive size. He's also trained hard to develop his muscular frame, a frame that Andre the Giant nor The Big Show, even as "The Giant", ever had.

Just because he doesn't put on 60 minute clinics, like Kobashi (don't get me wrong, Kobashi's an A+ wrestler), doesn't mean Khali isn't a good worker. Thus far, Khali has done everything expected of him in the ring. He doesn't slip and fall like "big man" lummoxes, ala Test, Tyson Tomko, Mark Henry, and Scott Steiner. He has believable matches because most of them are one-sided. And I like the guy's selling. It's like when Earthquake would get punched...he feels it, a little...but he's still fucking unstoppable.

Anyways, I just think we have a real chance to see a legitimate monster in The Great Khali flourish before our eyes, and wanted to steer away anti-mark sentiment like "OMG, a CHOP!?!?!" and "WHAT A TALENTLESS GOOF".

Hey, maybe he can be this century's Andre? His movie already outgrossed Princess Bride. :)

This is the same Vince McMahon who had Paul Birchill retooled and sent back to OVW because he didn't understand his gimmick because he hadn't seen or heard of Pirates of the Caribbean, or Johnny Depp. I get the impression that Vince McMahon is completely oblivious to 95% of everything around him, and only becomes aware of the other 5% when Bruce Pritchard or Kevin Dunn makes him aware of it.

I get the impression that Vince McMahon is completely oblivious to 95% of everything around him, and only becomes aware of the other 5% when Bruce Pritchard or Kevin Dunn makes him aware of it.

In Scott Hall's shoot with the Torch approx. 6 months ago he talks about how when he first pitched the Razor character Vince thought it was great and that he had never seen Scarface so he thought that Hall had come up with it himself.

I was watching my Unforgiven 99 tape over the weekend, focusing mainly on Chris Jericho's matches with X-Pac at the PPV and one with the Rock a few weeks later (first time actually watching the latter in full). It just made me think back to all the "Jericho can't work" comments from around that time and wonder whether or not they were somewhat justified, because Chris seemed REALLY off in both matches. I know he was coming off an injury at the time and was probably a little rusty, but damn...

I get the impression that Vince McMahon is completely oblivious to 95% of everything around him, and only becomes aware of the other 5% when Bruce Pritchard or Kevin Dunn makes him aware of it.

In Scott Hall's shoot with the Torch approx. 6 months ago he talks about how when he first pitched the Razor character Vince thought it was great and that he had never seen Scarface so he thought that Hall had come up with it himself.

Russo, in his Wrestlecrap interview, stated that the Blond Bitch Project angle was canceled by Vince because he was convinced no one would understand what it was refrencing to, in spite of Russo pointing out it was one of the hottest movies that summer.

I was watching my Unforgiven 99 tape over the weekend, focusing mainly on Chris Jericho's matches with X-Pac at the PPV and one with the Rock a few weeks later (first time actually watching the latter in full). It just made me think back to all the "Jericho can't work" comments from around that time and wonder whether or not they were somewhat justified, because Chris seemed REALLY off in both matches. I know he was coming off an injury at the time and was probably a little rusty, but damn...

Plus Jericho REALLY had trouble adapting to the WWF style of working. That fact puts him well below Benoit, Eddy, and Rey as they had a flawless transition to WWF style work.

"because Kobashi can actually work."

The Great Khali happens to benefit from his massive size. He's also trained hard to develop his muscular frame, a frame that Andre the Giant nor The Big Show, even as "The Giant", ever had.

Just because he doesn't put on 60 minute clinics, like Kobashi (don't get me wrong, Kobashi's an A+ wrestler), doesn't mean Khali isn't a good worker. Thus far, Khali has done everything expected of him in the ring. He doesn't slip and fall like "big man" lummoxes, ala Test, Tyson Tomko, Mark Henry, and Scott Steiner. He has believable matches because most of them are one-sided. And I like the guy's selling. It's like when Earthquake would get punched...he feels it, a little...but he's still fucking unstoppable.

Anyways, I just think we have a real chance to see a legitimate monster in The Great Khali flourish before our eyes, and wanted to steer away anti-mark sentiment like "OMG, a CHOP!?!?!" and "WHAT A TALENTLESS GOOF".

Hey, maybe he can be this century's Andre? His movie already outgrossed Princess Bride. :)

I can't honestly believe you believe some of the shit you type out. I hate to say it because Dalip is a real nice guy from my understanding, but Dalip is really shit in the ring. Dalip doesn't know to much in the ring, yes he has been somewhat trained but NO ONE has taken the time to actually train Dalip proper, thats part of the reason he actually acidently killed someone in the ring. I'm not saying it was his fault, it was mainly Roland Alexander's fat ass for putting Dalip in the ring with a rookie and making the rookie take the same move twice after the first one fucked up the kid in the first place. And the reason why Dalip doesn't slip up is because Vince actually got smart and did two things, 1. Take Dalip off live tv and 2. When Dalip got put back on live tv, his moves have been kept VERY VERY limited. Thats why the most we've seen from Daip is the chop to the head, a few punches, and a few slams, other than that Dalip hasn't done anything else in the ring since being put back on tv since ECW. I honestly can't believe you think that highly of Dalip since he's done pretty much nothing other than just squashing wrestlers with a few moves since coming back on tv.

According to the Wrestling-Observer Newsletter, Rob Van Dam’s recent ECW television loss to Bob Holly was likely the result of his giving notice to WWE management.

While sources have not confirmed that RVD informed WWE of his decision not to renew his contract, the belief for quite some time has been that Van Dam had no plans to remain with the company. Since he only had until the end of last week to give such notice (otherwise, his contract would automatically be rolled over), the assumption that he did so appears strong.

His giving notice would also explain his absence from the ECW Originals angle that was launched on the same telecast.

WWE was reportedly hoping to lock Van Dam into a new contract due to fear that he plans to sign with TNA, but the present belief is that the company was unsuccessful in doing so. The wrestler’s contract officially expires this summer.

You know what? Handing in the notice isn't necessarily an indicator that he isn't willing to make a deal with the WWE - but now he's free to explore his options, talk to TNA and see what they got to offer. Maybe even squeeze more money out of Vince to keep him away from TNA instead of just letting them roll over on the current contract.

Smart move, he either stays and makes a lot more money or he leaves for TNA.

Your little story about "Dalip" has nothing to do about The Great Khali's workrate in WWE or his WWE matches, or anything to do with WWE at all.

He's trained well enough to potray a monster and it works for me.

good lord...I'm actually agreeing with him!

Khali isn't meant to go out and have scienticifc masterpieces with Benoit or CM Punk, he's meant to kill people.