TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

ECW PPV BUYRATE LESS THAN 100,000

In WWE's latest public financial statement, it reported a PPV buyrate for ECW's December to Dismember PPV at a mere 90,000 buys, less than half of the next lowest PPV buyrate off the year, which was No Mercy at 197,000. The ECW PPV was part of the five-PPVs-in-five-weeks PPV blitz in November and December last year.

Armageddon came in at 239,000 buys, down from 280,000 the year before.

Survivor Series came in at 383,000, up from 370,000 the year before. Cyber Sunday also drew better than the year prior, with 228,000, up from 207,000.

D2D's numbers are no surprise.

Guess Cena wasn't quite as much of a draw for Armageddon as they had hoped.

2005 had a stronger draw with 'Taker and Orton in HIAC (which was essentially a year long program, that of course did no good at all). Tag Team megamatches are hard sells but the difference with Armageddon and the upcoming PPV is that it involves two actual main event draws in addition to Cena and Batista rather then the unproven Booker and Finlay, whom would never realistically be depended on to be a draw.

To me, D2D doesn't seem all that bad given that it was off the heels of two straight PPV busts and a one match attraction with one credible main event name attached.

Here's more from PWInsider:

LOTS OF WWE PPV NEWS INCLUDING A HORRIBLE BUYRATE

by Dave Scherer @ 12:01:00 PM on 2/13/2007

I realize that a lot of you don't read the entire WWE financial news postings so I figured I would put up this PPV buyrate chart from today's release.

The details for the number of buys (in 000's) are as follows:

Events (in chronological order) Eight Eight

Months Months

Ended Ended

December December

31, 2006 31, 2005

-------------------------------------------------- --------- ---------

Backlash® - 308

Judgment Day® 252 266

ECW® One Night Stand 304 333

Vengeance® 337 429

Great American Bash® 232 279

SummerSlam® 541 634

Unforgiven® 307 240

No Mercy® 197 224

Cyber Sunday /Taboo Tuesday® 228 207

Survivor Series® 383 375

December to Dismember 90 -

Armageddon® 239 280

Prior events 177 210

------ ------

Total 3,287 3,785

As you can see, The ECW December To Dismember did a a meager 90,000 buys, which is by far the lowest number I can ever remember a WWE show getting. While a few shows were up against last year, the PPV business overall was down for WWE.

That is a horrible, horrible number. No, it's not shocking that D2D pulled in a very low number, but still. I'm a little shocked that it did that badly.

Yeah, I can't believe more people didn't buy an exciting WWE-produced PPV filled with hardcore, extreme action, featuring ECW Extremists like Bobby Lashley and the Big Show!

Thats what happens when you promote a show with only one match.

Since ECW doesn't warrant a thread, again; I always forget how excited Seattle crowds are for EVERYTHING because we get no wrestling whatsoever, as Bobby Lashley got a huge pop and Holly got lots of heel heat. Also, Joey Styles saying that this is Bobby Lashley's first extreme rules match in ECW EVER is hysterical since didn't he and Test just have one like three weeks ago?

Since ECW doesn't warrant a thread, again; I always forget how excited Seattle crowds are for EVERYTHING because we get no wrestling whatsoever, as Bobby Lashley got a huge pop and Holly got lots of heel heat. Also, Joey Styles saying that this is Bobby Lashley's first extreme rules match in ECW EVER is hysterical since didn't he and Test just have one like three weeks ago?

No, it was suppose to be Holly vs Lashely in a extreme match before the Rumble but it got changed to Test vs Lashley for some stupid reason and it wasn't a extreme rules match.

No, it was suppose to be Holly vs Lashely in a extreme match before the Rumble but it got changed to Test vs Lashley for some stupid reason and it wasn't a extreme rules match.

Ah, I stand corrected.

They just played part of the Trump/McMahon promo from Raw and it made it seem like THEY were actually gonna wrestle at mania, please tell me that they're still picking representatives from each side and NOT wrestling.

They need to bring in the evil bitch from the Apprentice season 1 to fight Stephanie at Wrestlemania and if Trump selection wins she gets to be the VP of Trump Towers.

After watching the 1998 No Way Out 8 man main event, I have one question. Were there any rumors of a big name to replace the injured Shawn Michaels? Maybe a huge heel turn from a WWF star? A WCW guy looking to jump ship? Hell, and ECW guy? I mean, really, Savio Vega wasn't in the cards since day one for that match right?

After watching the 1998 No Way Out 8 man main event, I have one question. Were there any rumors of a big name to replace the injured Shawn Michaels? Maybe a huge heel turn from a WWF star? A WCW guy looking to jump ship? Hell, and ECW guy? I mean, really, Savio Vega wasn't in the cards since day one for that match right?

I remember constantly hearing Sid, but I don't know how accurate that is. I was on the internet very little at this point.

Possibly Waltman, but I am pretty sure the general public didn't know HBK was out untill the day of the event because a raw report I just read from the week before mentioned nothing about him being pulled or rumors of him being pulled.

Serious question that doesn't warrant a thread:

Is the idea of "killing a town" by laying a complete egg of a show invalid now with regards to WWE? I know I've personally never let a crappy show in Charleston deter me from coming to the next, but the only really bad shows we've had were the Ass Cream and Bischoff Gets Dumped Raws. DrVenkman mentioned the SkyDome Raw and that would generally be seen as crapping all over the home crowd, although not on the same level as the annual JR humiliation in Oklahoma. Still, I haven't seen an instance in the years since things bottomed out where a crap show lead to a smaller crowd later.

I saw 2 Smackdowns in Charleston while I was down there.

The nWo on the chair in 2002 one sucked, but the one right after the Royal Rumble in 2001 was ok.

Pointless little thought I had, and wanted to get the opinion of the people here.

Let's say that the brand extension was to end shortly after WrestleMania this year.

When the Tag Team Titles were unifed, which belt design would you use to represent the champions?

A)Raw Titles: WWEworldtagbelt.jpg

B)Smackdown Titles: WWEtagbelt.jpg

C)Pre Brand Extension: WWEclassictagbelt.JPG

OR

D)A New Design

That second shirt is beyond horrible. Obviously they didn't want to use, "That's how I roll" since Christian still uses it, but come on...

Guest Totally Crazy
Spinner Belts!

fuck spinner belts. Cena can shoot himself in the foot for that one.

Guest Totally Crazy
Why just the foot?

Okay, nine times in the face. He'll survive, so he can have a feud for next year's wrestlemania. Guess who?

Guest Totally Crazy
I'm actually surprised Cena hasn't made Spinner Tag Belts yet, to be honest.

Then again, he may not have the tag titles past No Way Out.

It kills the prestige of the titles, doesnt it? Kinda trivializes it, like a sub mid card title.That retard, we cant have a belt that tackey headline Wrestlemaina. Why didnt Edge change it?