TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

--Nothing new from WWE on Mistico other than as of a few minutes before this was posted, he was not in San Jose, but was still expected to be in San Jose. He did work in Puebla, Mexico last night. He is now booked in Pachuca for tonight's CMLL show as Rosalio Garcia stated in the press. He is not booked back in Mexico until Thursday, where he's doing a double-shot.

It looks like this thing is going down to the wire.

Meltzer

A report from backstage in San Jose is that Mistico has arrived in the building, but he is not going to wrestle on tonight's show. He is going to do a tryout before the agents very shortly before fans arrive.

I finally looked Mistico up on YouTube and can't believe how much he reminds me of a young Rey Mysterio.

Watch, he'll burn his bridges in Mexico and get released in 3 months because Fit Finley will claim he can't work because he copies Rey.

Anybody hear a rumor of replacing JR on Raw with Michael Cole, and have Cole do Raw and SM?

Nope. Can't see them doing away with JR, though I personally wouldn't mind. I think Cole is the best announcer in the biz at this point.

Test is claiming that he quit due to the politicking that has resulted since the Heyman removal.

Matt Striker mocked Owen Hart awhile ago, well at least did an impression of him that the vets including Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit didn't at all appreciate and led to him getting kicked out of the lockerroom. At house shows he usually dresses in stairwells and such.

Sabu and Sandman can't wrestle worth a lick is probably why the boys don't like them.

What ECW wrestlers were stiffing JBL after the Meanie incident at ONS?

WHAT???

Anybody hear a rumor of replacing JR on Raw with Michael Cole, and have Cole do Raw and SM?

Nope. Can't see them doing away with JR, though I personally wouldn't mind. I think Cole is the best announcer in the biz at this point.

WWE has been looking to kick JR to the curb for good but since they can't find a legitimate replacement to fit the mold, they are holding onto him. They made it a point to have Cole call the Rumble instead of JR, to present him as the key play by play man of the company.

Not every diva is going to be like Maria and have an insane understanding of the history of the business.

She does?

Yeah. Maybe it's a product of her boyfriend, but she does have a good knowledge of the industry as she was a fan growing up. She's often at ROH shows with Punk and generally into the show as a fan.

--Nothing new from WWE on Mistico other than as of a few minutes before this was posted, he was not in San Jose, but was still expected to be in San Jose. He did work in Puebla, Mexico last night. He is now booked in Pachuca for tonight's CMLL show as Rosalio Garcia stated in the press. He is not booked back in Mexico until Thursday, where he's doing a double-shot.

It looks like this thing is going down to the wire.

Meltzer

A report from backstage in San Jose is that Mistico has arrived in the building, but he is not going to wrestle on tonight's show. He is going to do a tryout before the agents very shortly before fans arrive.

So here's the question for people who probably understand this a little better than me.........will he get an offer right now? And basically not go back to CMLL at all or........will he have to wait and go back to CMLL and work in a very awkward situation? Considering all they did to keep him from making it to WWE it looked to me as if they were treating this that if he made it to San Jose they'd never see him again.

I remember back during DivaSearch '04, Maria won a lot of points with everyone because she actually knew who Kamala was.

Sabu can't wrestle unless weapons are involved.

Wanna know what diva's probably grew up wrestling fans and know a lot about the business - look no further than the OVW and DSW girls.

So, Maria and Mickie, both avid fans for years are in OVW/DSW? I don't get why you need to be a lifetime fan to validate your job. While you got guys like Edge, Matt, London and Punk whom are very open about being avid fans growing up, there's others that see it as a job and does that mean they are less qualified to be a pro wrestler/entertainer?

They are eye-candy. Something that wrestling has had for decades but you people get pissy that Kelly Kelly, whom is a valet/personality doesn't bust out 'ranas and didn't spend monday nights watching wrestling.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice if some of the girls could work better or have a better knowledge of the business but let's not kid ourselves. The real female workers that want to work are going to be found in SHIMMER unless they are a rarity and have looks to compliment their skills.

People neglect that Trish went into the business with very little training although she was a fan. It took years to be the talent she was. That can happen with alot of these people. Maria and Candice, for instance have shown improvement. You don't become a seasoned vet in just a few months and you can't expect these girls to do that when they are asked to do so much more then just work in the ring.

Apparently Great American Bash will feature all three brands this year. It was announced to the crowd the ppv would be held in San Jose, and tickets go on sale Saturday.

-PWInsider

Apparently Great American Bash will feature all three brands this year. It was announced to the crowd the ppv would be held in San Jose, and tickets go on sale Saturday.

-PWInsider

Maybe that means that the King of the Ring Tournament will be held on RAW/SD and ECW..I dont know why they wouldnt just change the name back to King of the Ring though..

If you are working in WWE, you better have some sort of idea what is going on. It's a matter of being professional, just like with any other job. If you work in an office, of course you are going to have to learn the policies of the office and the general rules. WWE shouldn't be any different. Staying ignorant after 8 months is pretty inexcusible, as it would be at *any* job or career.

Is anyone else dreading Steve Austin's return to WWE TV? I'm so sick of his character and he hasn't even been a regular in nearly 3 years. He's not going to put anyone over a lick and in the end he's going to probably be the one to cut Vince McMahon's hair. Plus it's going to start up the "what" chants again and make it impossible for heels to cut promos. I'd love for Umaga to no sell a Stunner and then murder Austin, but that's a pipe dream. Umaga is eating a stunner at Mania and will sell it like death. I hope after his movie comes out he's gone.

Are you kidding me? Everyone except Donald Trump (unless he's a bigger fan than I thought) is eating a Stunner. Umaga, Armando, Lashley, & Vince. I'm betting Vince eats another Stunner after the head shaving.

Hi, smarks!

I don't watch wrestling too much any more. I've been unable to watch it consistently as my work schedule often conflicts with AFN's airings of Raw and Smackdown. I have some questions on the Boogeyman, if anyone can answer them.

1. Who is Boogeyman and where did the E find him?

2. I heard somewhere that Shane came up with the gimmick and Boogey added the worms and teeth extraction. Is this true?

3. Why did they fire him and rehire last year? I know he was injured at some point.

4. How does the IWC view this gimmick, with scorn, humor, apathy?

Also, how the hell did Umaga become so popular? I remember when he debuted and some people in the community hated the character. Now he's main eventing and appears to be everyone's darling. What's up with that? I like him, to be honest. But I do have a thing for Samoans and hosses.

1) Marty Wright. Was on Tough Enough, and got kicked off for lying about his age (he's over 40). I guess they liked his personality, and hired him.

2) Not sure. His teeth were knocked out while in OVW, and he was talked into not having them replaced in order to help the gimmick.

3) They fired him because (I think) they felt he was dogging in coming back from injuries. They rehired him because he's friends w/ Booker, and Booker offered to train him to help him get better in the ring.

4) I dunno, I've seen people hate on it, and I've seen people praise the gimmick (sorta kid-friendly, and it does get a pop from the crowd). Personally, I'd be OK w/ never seeing him again.

Man, I sound like an ass. But its true, because of HHH injury, the Wrestlemania build has been awesome. I think this true for two reason.

A: WWE got out of their confort zone. They had this boring, paint-by-the-numbers idea for the WM Main Event, much like WM XXI and XXII for the WWE Championship. Since HHH got hurt, they felt they needed to overachieve to make up for the almighty HHH being hurt. Now they are being creative, instead or falling back on the name of HHH.

B: HHH was the focus of Vince for RAW. It was him and Cena, no one else really mattered. Well, Cena is relavent and matters, HHH doesn't really. His charicter is lame and is not a draw. Bascally, he blows as a Main Eventer. In a perfect world, HHH would add to a Wrestlemania. But, if its no HHH or HHH for the title, give me no HHH.

So, with this being the case, I am glad HHH is not at WM XXIII.

Boogeyman doesn't bother me too much. Over the top and downright stupid gimmicks have always had their place in wrestling. I just don't get where they're going with the character, though. They can only have him do his schtick so many times before it gets old. Now he has his own "little person". I guess he's the Doink of 2007.

Also, how the hell did Umaga become so popular? I remember when he debuted and some people in the community hated the character. Now he's main eventing and appears to be everyone's darling. What's up with that? I like him, to be honest. But I do have a thing for Samoans and hosses.

People usually warm up to well booked dominant gimmicks.

"Title or no title, he has been the center of attention more often than not."

Is that a bad thing? Well, let's see what he's done...

GOOD

1. Put Batista over at WM 21.

2. Put Batista over in what Triple H claimed was "his match". Cemented Batista as a huge face. Also did the job at Backlash.

3. Came back, competed in a compelling bloodfeud with Ric Flair. Put over (this sounds so wrong...) Ric Flair **AND** the crummy Intercontinental Title at Taboo Tuesday. Won feud ultimately, but he should have. It's old man Flair.

4. Was an intrical part of the boring 2005 Royal Rumble. Gave Rey some main event rub by letting him eliminate him.

5. Put over John Cena in a match the internet guaranteed Cena would be crushed in at WM 22. This began Cena's legitimate main event run against serious contenders and not guys you didn't think would get the belt, ala Christian, Jericho, and Angle.

6. Had excellent match with Cena and Edge at Backlash, again putting Cena over.

7. Generated serious interest from marks and many smarks as DX's return was speculated.

8. Generated tremendous merchandise sales from marks with DX merchandise.

BAD

1. Putting the title on Triple H at WM 22 would've been bad. Hurt the product by having the rabid anti-Cena fanbase cheer for him to get the belt by default. "Lesser of two evils" is never productive booking.

2. Irritated smarks with lame, corny "DX skits" and constant one-upping of the McMahons.

3. All but destroyed any credibility the Spirit Squad had. But really, before working DX, the squad was cheating to win against teams like Eugene & Duggan.

4. More horrible DX skits. Deserves another point just for some awful summer/fall Raws.

I just can't believe how Triple H has worked the entire company and tons of fans in general into believing he's an equal to guys like Rock and Austin when he's never been close to that.

As for Boogeyman, he doesn't bother me at all because he's not a great worker so they gave him a goofy gimmick. I'm pefectly ok with that, it's not like they took an awesome ring guy and made him the Boogeyman.

I just can't believe how Triple H has worked the entire company and tons of fans in general into believing he's an equal to guys like Rock and Austin when he's never been close to that.

As for Boogeyman, he doesn't bother me at all because he's not a great worker so they gave him a goofy gimmick. I'm pefectly ok with that, it's not like they took an awesome ring guy and made him the Boogeyman.

That happens when you have an even stevens feud with Rock that lasted for more than 3 years (dating back to the IC title days) and you are on the winning end in feuds with Austin (the only times I can remember Austin getting over on HHH was Survivor Series 2000).

This is the first Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania X-7(in 2001!) that Triple H has NOT been in a world title match, and the first time ever that RAW's main event did not include Triple H.

....and THAT is the reason why I am somewhat looking foward to this Wrestlemania. Seriously, not even Hogan, the biggest draw in the ever, had a streak like that.

Umaga only got over with the net crowd because of the video of him smacking the shit out of Johnny Jeter while everyone else yelled "UMAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAA~!" in the background.