TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Bob Schrader, a columnist on WWE.com, actually wrote about the absurdities of Mabel becoming Viscera and the possibility that Viscera doesn't remember that he is Mabel and he won KOTR. It actually just gets funnier as you get further in.

Then there’s the case of Viscera, who might be the most fascinating character in the history of WWE, if not human civilization. Hear me out. Viscera used to be known as Mabel. Like many WWE Superstars, he has had his ups and downs. He started as a friendly rapping giant in Men on a Mission. (“We’re Men on a Mission… the Quebecers we be dissin….†– Top THAT, Ludacris.) Then Mabel shocks everyone by winning King of the Ring, loses the rapping and becomes KING Mabel. (With his former tag partner Mo becoming… wait for it… Sir Mo.) Then for a while, nothing happens until…Undertaker while forming his Ministry of Darkness kidnaps and “sacrifices†Mabel. Sacrifices were pretty big back in ‘99 with Undertaker abducting various people, brainwashing them, changing their identities and turning them into his zombified disciples. That’s right, before there was Lost and The Others, there was Undertaker and Mabel.

So Mabel turns into Viscera – the demonic crazy-eyed, latex-wearing minion of Undertaker. The only problem is the Ministry of Darkness disbanded eight years ago and Mabel is STILL Viscera. Everyone else in the Ministry moved on, but NOBODY bothered to fix Viscera. Say what you will, but that’s fascinating. And I haven’t even gotten to the part where Viscera, after not talking for years, decides to become a “500-pound love machine†and starts a bizarre love/hate relationship with Lilian Garcia. The point is, does this man know of his former life? Do his parents still try to contact him? Siblings? What does Sir Mo think of all this? You mean to tell me if you gathered the nation's top psycho-therapists, Mo and Oscar from Men on a Mission, and various members of Mabel’s family, put them in a room for an intervention, set up a bunch of cameras and called it Deprogramming Viscera, America wouldn’t be sucked in? These are the things I think about.

So with that backstory in mind, here’s where things get weird – Viscera arrives to Raw with apparently one purpose – to eat a fat, juicy steak. Seriously, that’s it. He doesn’t have a match. No interview. He presumably flew to State College, Pa., checked out of his hotel, got into his rental car, and came to the arena with one goal in mind – eat dinner. And what happens? Right as he’s about to pour steak sauce over his meal, he lifts the tray to reveal his steak has been STOLEN. Stolen by what turns out to be two petty criminals looking to sell the steak to a worldwide television audience for Mother’s Day, of all things! If Viscera isn’t on the cover when People does their “Most Fascinating People†issue, then something is wrong.

Awesome. But after they hold Viscera's intervention, what do you do with him? Reform MoM? Or just make him travel around eating steaks and falling for white divas?

I'm glad someone mentioned Dan Rodimer. Having seen his OVW work, I can safely say the guy has zero redeeming value. He can't wrestle for shit, has zero charisma, and they would constantly give him the mic ad nauseum and he has a lousy voice and no mic skills. In fact fans here did a preemptive strike and started trashing him the first moment they handed him the mic, knowing full well he's the sort of well built guy with "the look" and no talent that they will want to push. As far as his look, imagine playing a video game and doing a create-a-wrestler mixing Lesnar and Orton and somehow ending up with the worst attributes of both men.

If you search for Rodimer on wwe.com you can see a couple of his Heat matches. This guy is spot on about his look, what makes it more rdiculous is the posing he does like he thinks he's some Adonis though. However it's obvious why he's been hired, this guy does look a legit 6' 8".

Bob Schrader, a columnist on WWE.com, actually wrote about the absurdities of Mabel becoming Viscera and the possibility that Viscera doesn't remember that he is Mabel and he won KOTR. It actually just gets funnier as you get further in.

Then there’s the case of Viscera, who might be the most fascinating character in the history of WWE, if not human civilization. Hear me out. Viscera used to be known as Mabel. Like many WWE Superstars, he has had his ups and downs. He started as a friendly rapping giant in Men on a Mission. (“We’re Men on a Mission… the Quebecers we be dissin….†– Top THAT, Ludacris.) Then Mabel shocks everyone by winning King of the Ring, loses the rapping and becomes KING Mabel. (With his former tag partner Mo becoming… wait for it… Sir Mo.) Then for a while, nothing happens until…Undertaker while forming his Ministry of Darkness kidnaps and “sacrifices†Mabel. Sacrifices were pretty big back in ‘99 with Undertaker abducting various people, brainwashing them, changing their identities and turning them into his zombified disciples. That’s right, before there was Lost and The Others, there was Undertaker and Mabel.

So Mabel turns into Viscera – the demonic crazy-eyed, latex-wearing minion of Undertaker. The only problem is the Ministry of Darkness disbanded eight years ago and Mabel is STILL Viscera. Everyone else in the Ministry moved on, but NOBODY bothered to fix Viscera. Say what you will, but that’s fascinating. And I haven’t even gotten to the part where Viscera, after not talking for years, decides to become a “500-pound love machine†and starts a bizarre love/hate relationship with Lilian Garcia. The point is, does this man know of his former life? Do his parents still try to contact him? Siblings? What does Sir Mo think of all this? You mean to tell me if you gathered the nation's top psycho-therapists, Mo and Oscar from Men on a Mission, and various members of Mabel’s family, put them in a room for an intervention, set up a bunch of cameras and called it Deprogramming Viscera, America wouldn’t be sucked in? These are the things I think about.

So with that backstory in mind, here’s where things get weird – Viscera arrives to Raw with apparently one purpose – to eat a fat, juicy steak. Seriously, that’s it. He doesn’t have a match. No interview. He presumably flew to State College, Pa., checked out of his hotel, got into his rental car, and came to the arena with one goal in mind – eat dinner. And what happens? Right as he’s about to pour steak sauce over his meal, he lifts the tray to reveal his steak has been STOLEN. Stolen by what turns out to be two petty criminals looking to sell the steak to a worldwide television audience for Mother’s Day, of all things! If Viscera isn’t on the cover when People does their “Most Fascinating People†issue, then something is wrong.

Awesome. But after they hold Viscera's intervention, what do you do with him? Reform MoM? Or just make him travel around eating steaks and falling for white divas?

That reads a bit like the Sports Guy, who is a known WWE fan. Wonder if he's ghostwriting for WWE.com now.

I was thinking the same thing as I read it.

But doesn't Sports Guy not watch WWE that much anymore?

Take into consideration the fact that he thinks Viscera is mainstream WWE enough to devote a large article to.

That is indeed a great article about Viscera.

Damn shame about Conway, they couldn't have given him a better gimmick or something? I met him once and he was a really cool guy.

From the Wrestling Observer:

Getting Edge, the company's consensus MVP of 2006, was considered a major coup for the Smackdown side. At Raw, the description of him when he found out about the decision was that he was "ear-to-ear smiling" about his run as world champion as well as keeping him away from a program that could have hurt him.

HHH put a nix on the idea of it being Edge (to win the title), and there was a strong feeling this was the wrong time to put the title on Orton, both for the feeling he doesn't deserve it and because it would send a horrible message. The plans were for HHH to work with both Edge and Orton for his return, which had been changed away from that, and in recent weeks, was changed back again. Right now, the plans for his return are not necessarily put Michaels back with him, as they want Michaels and Cena to work a longer singles program.

Now I won't say which message board I got this from, but I'll give you guys one guess who made this remark:

Too bad, HHHitler. Looks like you're not gonna be able to bury Edge, after all. Prick.

It's scary to think that Triple H was sitting at home watching Raw, seeing Edge reach higher points of popularity and success, thinking "I need to bury this guy, who the hell does he think he is becoming the new undisputed top heel in the company?"

Edge is a bonafide star. He is catching on with casual fans that rivals Cena and Mysterio. I see new casual fans at work and school, and a fair number of them when I ask who their favorites are, proclaim Edge. WWE needs to recognize this and do what they can to keep him strong.

Good grief, how exactly can HHH bury Edge more than the DX vs. Team RKO feud already did? The poor guy had to be paired with the albatross known as Orton for months and found a way to make that decent (if hilariously homoerotic). His team was swept at Survivor Series. And when HHH got hurt Michaels finished the burial job in the build to WM, though I guess in a way that was necessary. I don't see how HHH making Edge eat a Pedigree is going to hurt the dude more than what has been done.

Edge is the ideal choice to go to SD to win the title. He was unjustly frozen out of the Raw title scene and had just blown off his mini feud with Orton so he had even less to do. Honestly what was Edge supposed to do on Raw for the next few months until HHH got back to grace him with jobbing? HHH can still beat up on Orton, who will be the sacrificial lamb anyway.

I heard the plan was for Kennedy to beat UT, but they did actually have some Edge/Kennedy interaction that led to that match on Raw. So I wonder if they had cold feet about Kennedy all along.

I wonder if Vince/Coach whoever is going to demand a SD talent go to RAW to replace Edge? Im almost willing to bet Rey or Booker when they come back from their own ailments. Rey would especially make sense if they want to go with the fued with Vince that they teased at earlier in the year.

Im also guessing they aren't doing another KOTR Tourney this year since they did the SD one at JD last year..

thats awesome, now if only Oscar and Mo showed up on Raw this week, our year would be made complete

well Im going to the Smackdown/ECW house show tonight in White Plains, NY. they ahd added a matinee show for 1pm today but i had already got my tix for the night show and given the fact that the same people are likely to be on both shows, wasnt going to spend more dough.

anyhow Ill give a live report on the board here later tonight or tommorrow.

Good grief, how exactly can HHH bury Edge more than the DX vs. Team RKO feud already did? The poor guy had to be paired with the albatross known as Orton for months and found a way to make that decent (if hilariously homoerotic). His team was swept at Survivor Series. And when HHH got hurt Michaels finished the burial job in the build to WM, though I guess in a way that was necessary. I don't see how HHH making Edge eat a Pedigree is going to hurt the dude more than what has been done.

Edge is the ideal choice to go to SD to win the title. He was unjustly frozen out of the Raw title scene and had just blown off his mini feud with Orton so he had even less to do. Honestly what was Edge supposed to do on Raw for the next few months until HHH got back to grace him with jobbing? HHH can still beat up on Orton, who will be the sacrificial lamb anyway.

I heard the plan was for Kennedy to beat UT, but they did actually have some Edge/Kennedy interaction that led to that match on Raw. So I wonder if they had cold feet about Kennedy all along.

Well Edge seemed pretty concerned with it, he had been trying to avoid working a singles program when Triple H returns like the plague.

no. absolutely not. i refuse to buy into khali. him as champion will ruin the E for me.

Though I think he would suck as long term champ, I must say I've heard this before from most (including me) when JBL became champ. He became gold. Now, I'm not saying Khali is JBL, esp. since he can't speak at all, but I seriously doubt people will stop watching WWE or have it "ruined" for them. ANd heck, Khali's reign can't be worse than Rey's.

Rey as champion made me stop watching Smackdown.

From the Wrestling Observer:

Getting Edge, the company's consensus MVP of 2006, was considered a major coup for the Smackdown side. At Raw, the description of him when he found out about the decision was that he was "ear-to-ear smiling" about his run as world champion as well as keeping him away from a program that could have hurt him.

HHH put a nix on the idea of it being Edge (to win the title), and there was a strong feeling this was the wrong time to put the title on Orton, both for the feeling he doesn't deserve it and because it would send a horrible message. The plans were for HHH to work with both Edge and Orton for his return, which had been changed away from that, and in recent weeks, was changed back again. Right now, the plans for his return are not necessarily put Michaels back with him, as they want Michaels and Cena to work a longer singles program.

Now I won't say which message board I got this from, but I'll give you guys one guess who made this remark:

Too bad, HHHitler. Looks like you're not gonna be able to bury Edge, after all. Prick.

A jackass.

Some curious booking in the main event of last night's WWE house show:

Match 8: Edge & Montel Vontavious Porter d. Chris Benoit & Batista via MVP pinfall on Batista

Edge got such an odd reaction. Everyone loves him, but they’re like “wait, we hate this guy.” So they booed him. MVP came out before he did to mostly boos. Benoit got a good reaction, but Batista easily had the loudest of the night. Edge played his usual chickenshit heel character, avoiding Batista, tagging in MVP to wrestle Batista. Tags were exchanged, and Benoit finally got worked on forever, I mean FOREVER. Fans tried to chant “Power Ranger” by it didn’t catch on. Finally, after a lot of nearfalls, he hit a big German suplex on MVP and tagged in Batista, who cleaned house. This was a textbook, fantastic hot tag. Batista set up for the Batista Bomb, but MVP broke it up. Benoit took him outside of the ring and beat him up, the referee yelled at them to stop fighting outside. Edge grabbed the title and went to hit Batista, who ducked out of the way, and set up again, but he went over to see why the referee had his back turned. He turned around and was hit with the belt by Edge. MVP came in for the cover and got the win, Edge had either taken Benoit out, or Benoit was already out, or Edge prevented Benoit from getting the save. We left right after to avoid traffic.

Strange that, not only was it MVP and not Edge getting the pin for their team, but that it was Batista who got beaten and not Benoit. Stuff like this usually doesn't happen for no reason, but who knows.

F4W

That's a typical tag team finish. Edge hit Batista with the belt while MVP was the legal man and MVP got the cover. I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

I know it's the typical finish, but seeing Batista get beaten over Benoit is just...weird. Benoit's been put in the role to carry the workload and drop the fall for so long, that it's strange seeing him not lose when he normally would.

I'd love to hear what HHH's idea was for the World Title if he didn't want Edge or Orton to win it with Kennedy unable to win it.

Oh wait, that would assume HHH thinks past his own career.

I'd love to hear what HHH's idea was for the World Title if he didn't want Edge or Orton to win it with Kennedy unable to win it.

I would imagine he was pushing for Batista to get the belt again, as Batista looking good makes Hunter look good by virtue of being the guy who 'made him'.

I don't know about anyone but Benoit and CM Punk need to switch brands.

Punk is in desperate need of a Mid-card title run and sence there arn't any in ECW, a US Title run would be perfect for him, and sence its been reported that Benoit won't be Main-eventing anytime soon. or on SmackDown anyway, a switch to ECW would suit him perfectly. have Benoit be the centerpeice for ECW with a nice long reign with the ECW Title.

WWE has offered a contract to Chris Jericho. WWE wants him back by the fall; preferably for the three-hour "season premiere" of Raw in October. No word yet on where Jericho stands in all this.

That's a typical tag team finish. Edge hit Batista with the belt while MVP was the legal man and MVP got the cover. I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

I know it's the typical finish, but seeing Batista get beaten over Benoit is just...weird. Benoit's been put in the role to carry the workload and drop the fall for so long, that it's strange seeing him not lose when he normally would.

I don't mean to sound like a prick, but your looking to deeply into who got the pinned in that match.

I read in a recent Observer (don't know which one, I get them all several days late and then usually read them one day after that, and one week had two) that Vince ideally wants TV to be 90 minutes, not 2 hours, but no network will change their block to accommodate that.

Thoughts?