TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

It's gotten to the fucking point where someone always comes into a thread and challenges whether or not it's "thread-worthy".

We're getting to the point where the only active topics on the board will be for the TV shows, PPVs, and deaths.

Retarded.

It's gotten to the fucking point where someone always comes into a thread and challenges whether or not it's "thread-worthy".

We're getting to the point where the only active topics on the board will be for the TV shows, PPVs, and deaths.

Retarded.

If only we had someone who could jump in and accuse them of being trolls.

The Comments....deal has only just been relaxed. Give it time, and we'll eventually have the kinds of threads you seem to want.

ONS = UnCenSorEd

Is there anyone thats excited for the PPV? Essentially it looks like rematches of Lashley/McMahon, Cena/Kahli and Edge/Batista...but OOH..everything is EXTREME RULEZ

I got tickets..i have to be somewhat excited..

I'm one of the guys who really thinks that the rule needs to be loosened up (and that's already started), but even I thought the JR thread was pointless, especially since it wasn't even accurate.

Found this rather interesting news bit on ecwextreme.com...

According to the Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter, WWE management does, to a degree, look down upon young wrestlers who “overindulge” in a marijuana habit.

The company believes that marijuana could factor into a wrestler’s lack of desire to get ahead. If a wrestler who has a reputation for a lack of passion also smokes marijuana, he will likely be viewed as a "pothead" management will likely refrain from giving him a push until he kicks (or hides) the habit.

The same does not apply to marijuana use by veteran WWE wrestlers whose bodies have been banged up in the ring over time. WWE accepts the notion that such wrestlers have proven their commitment to success and, consequently, have “earned the right” to indulge.

Under its wellness policy, WWE does not formally test for marijuana use.

Found this rather interesting news bit on ecwextreme.com...

According to the Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter, WWE management does, to a degree, look down upon young wrestlers who “overindulge” in a marijuana habit.

The company believes that marijuana could factor into a wrestler’s lack of desire to get ahead. If a wrestler who has a reputation for a lack of passion also smokes marijuana, he will likely be viewed as a "pothead" management will likely refrain from giving him a push until he kicks (or hides) the habit.

The same does not apply to marijuana use by veteran WWE wrestlers whose bodies have been banged up in the ring over time. WWE accepts the notion that such wrestlers have proven their commitment to success and, consequently, have “earned the right” to indulge.

Under its wellness policy, WWE does not formally test for marijuana use.

WTF??????? This can't be true...

ONS = UnCenSorEd

Is there anyone thats excited for the PPV? Essentially it looks like rematches of Lashley/McMahon, Cena/Kahli and Edge/Batista...but OOH..everything is EXTREME RULEZ

I kinda am, and I'm thinking about ordering it as well. One thing I sorta favor about the extreme rules matches is the fact that it gives the wrestlers who are involved much more leway to do more in a match.

Batista vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. Finlay will be the main event of this week's edition of Smackdown, with the winner challenging WWE World champion Edge at the 6/3 One Night Stand PPV in Jacksonville, Florida.

PWI.

The obvious result is Batista pinning Finlay, with maybe Kane and Henry pairing off in some fashion.

My guess is Kane and Henry end up brawling out of the ringside area to set up a feud between the two monsters, and Batista gets the pin on Finlay.

ONS = UnCenSorEd

When was this reported? Is it a fact or just rumor?

And regarding Edge vs Batista

it'll be in a cage, not extreme rules

ONS = UnCenSorEd

When was this reported? Is it a fact or just rumor?

And regarding Edge vs Batista

it'll be in a cage, not extreme rules

It was mentioned at Judgment Day and on Raw. Also, the extreme rules thing is kind of broad. There will be various stipulations, but no DQs or countouts in any matches. For example, Cena vs. Khali is falls count anywhere, Vince vs. Lashley is a street fight, and then you mentioned the stip for Edge/Batista.

Thanks for spoiling Smackdown, guys. Really appreciate it.

are you referring to the line hidden by a spoiler tag?

I think he's referring to the fact that there is to be a Number One Contenders match on SD with Batista, Kane, Finlay, and Mark Henry.

There's a #1 contender Fatal 4-Way match with Batista vs. Mark Henry vs. Finlay vs. Kane. The winner was pretty much given away.

Yes it is, it's like bitching about someone spoiling a HHH/Taka Michinoku match. Batista was the only guy who could realistically win. Hell HTQ called the finish exactly how it went down because... it's that predictable.

It was on this day 8 years ago that Owen Hart was in a tragic accident that took his life at the WWF In Your House "Over The Edge" PPV in Kansas City, MO. Owen was to make a Sting-like descent from the catwalks of the building in his Blue Blazer gimmick to challenge The Godfather for the Intercontinental Championship. The emergency release on Owen's harness was accidentally triggered and he fell an estimated 75 feet into the ring. He died on the way to the hospital.

I can't wait for the gradual relaxation of the whole CTDWAT situation to cause pages of threads like "JR says something dumb", "King says something irrelevant", "What's the deal with the skittles", "OMG an MMA group sponsors WWE", "Individual House Show results", "Recap of Steve Austin on The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet", "Recap of Steve Austin on Regis and Kelly", "Recap of Elijah Burke on Craig Ferguson", "New shopzone items", and so on. CTDWAT just makes everything look too streamlined and easy to find.

I can't wait for the gradual relaxation of the whole CTDWAT situation to cause pages of threads like "JR says something dumb", "King says something irrelevant", "What's the deal with the skittles", "OMG an MMA group sponsors WWE", "Individual House Show results", "Recap of Steve Austin on The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet", "Recap of Steve Austin on Regis and Kelly", "Recap of Elijah Burke on Craig Ferguson", "New shopzone items", and so on. CTDWAT just makes everything look too streamlined and easy to find.

So streamlined that there are six pages of new comments every day, which I therefore skip and miss real news stories because they are totally buried amongst all the mundane crap. More threads are good. If you don't want read a thread, don't click on it. It's an easy system.

That's the whole balancing trick. JR making an off the cuff remark about US champions is not news. It is quite literally a comment that doesn't warrant a thread, bordering on "Comment that doesn't warrant a comment".