TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

Kane...

How long would the Kane character have lasted if their original choice to play the character, Dan Spivey, came out of retirement and didn't turn it down?

In the same breath, if someone said Issac Yankem was coming back to play some Kane character, no one would have bought it for an instant.

Secondly, if Spivey would have signed w/ WWF in 97, for the love of all that is pure, they couldn't be dumb enough (in 97) to pass on a Waylon Mercy return . . . ya know what I mean?

I remember reading somewhere that the Undertaker would only lose to Kane @ Mania. He would end the streak..

The closest the streak has come to ending was when Orton faced Undertaker last year, but even then it wasn't a strongly pushed idea. It's never been seriously considered at any point that the streak end.

I remember reading somewhere that the Undertaker would only lose to Kane @ Mania. He would end the streak..

The closest the streak has come to ending was when Orton faced Undertaker last year, but even then it wasn't a strongly pushed idea. It's never been seriously considered at any point that the streak end.

I think Hunter was very close too, but they nixed it.

I really thought they had some momentum with Kane when he was tagging with The Big Show around Survivor Series. They took out Batista and later he destroyed Rey Mysterio on MAY 19TH. They should have put him on SD! and become a heel champ, that would have been a great run.

I'll throw my weight in with the Kane support. I agree with the earlier post that his ring work is pretty good for a guy his size. Kane has been the product of a wierd obsession with Vince to take the biggest guys in the business(Kane,Big Show) and push them as monsters half the time and jobbers the other. I think Kane has survived some horrible moments in his carreer but he could definately hold the title again. All he needs is a good push right now and he'd be fine. He has been on a pretty good streak for about a year back to his tag title run. If he comes out okay with Umaga I'd say rekindle the feud with Edge and have him go after the title.

As much as I like Kane he is pretty much wasted. All the things they could have done with him and all the chances they were given to evolve the character into something more meaninful than 'unstoppable-monster-who-used-to-be-burned-but-wasn't-really' have gone. All I can hope for now is Kane to go out on a mask-wearing high.

His face is wasted behind a mask. I'll say it again, he has great facial expressions. Hair, sure, but the mask is a hindrance as far as I'm concerned.

They really missed the ball with him in late 2003. He could have had at least a great feud with Goldberg leading into Armageddon for the title as the main event. Of course, we have HHH's ego stroking to thank for ruining it.

Kane certainly deserves one more run with the title, it doesn't have to be for long, just more than a fucking day at least. I'd like to see him feud with Cena before its too late.

Kane was already damaged goods after the Shane feud. He really should've had a long term feud with RVD instead of dicking around with Shane.

Him tombstoning Linda was awesome

Him tombstoning Linda was awesome

Agreed. Yeah, there was a foot between Linda's head and the stage but it still rocked. I even taped the Bottom Line that weekend just for that segment. Arn Anderson's frantic reaction afterwards was priceless.

AA: What happened? Did she get chokeslammed?

Coach: Kane tombstoned her.

AA: He WHAT?!?!?!?!?

His face is wasted behind a mask. I'll say it again, he has great facial expressions. Hair, sure, but the mask is a hindrance as far as I'm concerned.

Totally agreed on the facial expressions point, however my point was that I just want a final swansong with the mask. For the character to come full-circle? For 'old-times' sake? Anything really, Kane was just IMO a lot cooler with the mask. Get the mask back; the old beginning of the entrance back; go on a 97-debut-esque ass-kicking spree; then put someone over by ending the Kane character. I'd be a happy man.