TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Favourite Relationships

Let's do this.

060209_TVcouples_vmed_3p.hmedium.jpg

John Krasinski as Jim Halpert and Jenna Fischer as Pam Beesly in NBC's The Office

For a show that doesn't do too much in the way of continuous storylines, it does this one to perfection. In fact, this might be the only thing from season one that carries over to season two and beyond. The chemistry between these two are fantastic but never over-the-top. Guys can identify with Jim because most at some point in their lives have had feelings for a girl that A) They are close friends with and B) Stuck in a current relationship with some random douchebag. Pam balances out Jim's exasperated looks whenever he blows his chance really well as she does the "quiet moments" beautifully. I don't think I've ever seen a male/female pairing on TV that handles the roles given as well as these two do. From day one you're rooting for Jim to just go for it but at the same time you can clearly see why he doesn't and (at least for me) it's heart-breaking whenever they give one another a look of longing from their desks.

Whatcha got?

The two relationships by which all of my past and future relationships will be judged:

beijokevinwinnie.jpg

Kevin and Winnie

AND

claire_cliff.jpg

Cliff and Claire

The fact that, in the end, Winnie and Kevin don't end up together makes the whole relationship that much better and truer to life, at least that's my opinion.

The two relationships by which all of my past and future relationships will be judged:

beijokevinwinnie.jpg

Kevin and Winnie

That's gotta be the most confusing relationship of all time.

Logan and Veronica from Veronica Mars.

Logan's such a weird character. Severely screwed-up, outwardly completely arrogant. You can tell the characters weren't meant to get together, but the actors just have chemistry.

George Michael and Maebe in Arrested Development.

GOB and Michael in Arrested Development.

beijokevinwinnie.jpg

Kevin and Winnie

That's gotta be the most confusing relationship of all time.

To be poetic for a moment: Young love is never simple.

And at least when Kevin and Winnie broke up, they stayed broke up for several episodes and didn't get right back together like...two episodes later, ala Boy Meets World. The relationship on that show had to be one of the most melodramatic and ridiculous relationships ever...the one between Cory and Topanga, I mean. The one between Cory and Shawn was good. The latent homosexuality of it all...

Although this season doesn't look at first glance to be incredibly promising for these two, how do you not end up with them together?

43151989_60e2ed15ab_m.jpg

Luke and Lorelai

The chemistry is instant and everlasting, and it's one of those endings that absolutely must be there. Here's hoping Rosenthal doesn't screw it up.

Dr. Cox and the rest of Sacred Heart on Scrubs. He has a different relationship with every person and they all make him into a well-rounded character.

Just finished The Office Season Two.

Holy Fuck. Jim is a king. An absolute grandstanding fucking king. That scene in the parking lot ruled and the scene w/ Pam on the phone with her mom ruled even more.