TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - September/11th/2006.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Last stop before Unforgiven.

Game over for the McMahon MSG legacy?

Tonight on Raw, Mr. McMahon will do something he's always dreamed about, headline a WWE event at Madison Square Garden. "The Chairman" will step into the ring and square off against Triple H one week before DX faces The McMahons and ECW World Heavyweight Champion The Big Show at Unforgiven in a Hell in a Cell Match.

On ECW on Sci Fi, DX proved they'll go to extreme measures to avoid another beating like the one they suffered at the hands of Mr. McMahon and his lead pipe on Raw a few weeks ago. Will Triple H be able to carry his momentum from ECW on Sci Fi with him when he takes on "The Chairman" tonight on Raw? Will Mr. McMahon walk out victorious in his first headlining match at the Garden?

Cena to Smackdown?

John Cena could be making his final Raw appearance at MSG Monday night. If Cena loses to WWE Champion Edge at Unforgiven, he'll be relocated to Smackdown for the next three years, and "The Rated R Superstar" would like nothing more then to send his archrival away for good. Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long was at Raw last week to scout his potential new superstar, but does Cena have anything in store to ensure he'll remain a Raw superstar?

Six-Man Tag Team encounter.

In a preview of Unforgiven, a huge Six-Man Tag Team Match will take place on Raw at the World's Most Famous Arena when John Cena, Carlito, and Jeff Hardy collide with WWE Champion Edge, Randy Orton, and Intercontinental Champion Johnny Nitro. This massive tag team match is the last stop for each of these competitors before their respective matches at Unforgiven. What will transpire when all six men explode at MSG?

A Raw farewell.

On September 17th, Trish Stratus will return home to Toronto, Canada, for Raw's Unforgiven pay-per-view, and her final WWE match. On that day, she will challenge her long-time rival Lita for the WWE Women's Championship. But before she makes her final stop at Unforgiven, Trish will return to the home of WWE, Madison Square Garden, to face Mickie James and to bid farewell to Monday Night Raw. Trish will leave Raw with one last memory, and maybe one more victory when she faces her young rival at the Garden. What will happen when Trish and Mickie lock it up one last time? Which Diva will leave the Garden with her hand raised?

What will happen on the last Raw before Unforgiven? Tune into the USA Network at 9pm/8pm CT to see all the WWE action unfold.

Singles Match

Triple H .VS. Vince McMahon.

Six-Man Tag Team Match

WWE Champion Edge, Randy Orton, & WWE Intercontinental Champion Johnny Nitro .VS. John Cena, Carlito Caribbean Cool, & Jeff Hardy.

Singles Match

Trish Stratus .VS. Mickie James.

Guest Princess Leena

So, Trish is probably going to put over useless Lita when she leaves. Goody.

Are Cena & Edge still feuding? Oy.

As a fan, its always weird for me to see former rivals teaming up with each other. In this case, Cena and Carlito.

Speaking of the main event, I always enjoyed the HHH / McMahon match from the first Armageddon.

Guest Kobe24KGold

I expect MSG to fiercely oppose Cena and shit all over HHH vs. Vince. I expect loud "YOU BOTH SUCK" chants from at least 3-5,000 people in the crowd.

Wait a second, is Unforgiven this Sunday?

Edit: Apprently it is, I thought it was in two more weeks.

I hate authority figure matches now. Vince/HHH headlining the main event tonight is just as annoying as when Cena/Bischoff headlined the Raw homecoming.

The odd aspect of these Carlito tag matches is that they never try to explain why he's suddenly teaming with a guy that he screwed over. Back in the spring Carlito tagged with RVD with no explanation as to why these guys suddenly were friendly. Now it's Cena. At least Cena and Carlito feuded a while ago, so they could at least mend fences. But why don't they SHOW this on TV? Just one brief bit in the back like this:

Carlito: "Carlito is sorry he had you stabbed in a nightclub, John."

Cena: "It's okay, homey. Jesus got released a long time ago. Let's go beat Edge and Orton's asses."

Is that hard to do?

Guest Diablo_Dor
I expect MSG to fiercely oppose Cena and shit all over HHH vs. Vince. I expect loud "YOU BOTH SUCK" chants from at least 3-5,000 people in the crowd.

I'm sorry but when has MSG ever shown a dislike to HHH?

I expect the Cena hate cos he's easily the most over heel in years, but when has MSG ever disliked trips?

McMahon is a different animal as he's gonna go out TO get booed but I wonder who the audience will take to their hearts in the way completely against how the "Writers" expect:

Remember Trish Vs Lita at the last time Trish was the Heel and Lita the face but the crowd COMPLETELY shat upon Lita?

I just wish they'd let CM Punk come out in the middle of RAW or someone who might actually utilise the reaction to make a name for themselves cos right now there just doesn't look like there's anyone upwardly mobile in the company.

I just wish they'd let CM Punk come out in the middle of RAW or someone who might actually utilise the reaction to make a name for themselves cos right now there just doesn't look like there's anyone upwardly mobile in the company.

Well, I think you're SORT OF going to get your wish, as they are taping ECW tonight at MSG instead of at tomorrow's Smackdown, so while Punk won't be on Raw, he'll at least have the same fanbase to work in front of on tomorrow's show.

you guys may have covered this, I'm not sure, but are we going to get the old "Edge loses and ends up going to Smackdown because he didn't read the fine print before he signed the contract" thing?

I'm just hoping for a role reversal where Edge throws Cena into the North Tower reflective pool.

And I doubt it Lushus, cause who exactly would Cena face on RAW? Orton? Shane? The list of heels on RAW is so extremely light as it is.

The odd aspect of these Carlito tag matches is that they never try to explain why he's suddenly teaming with a guy that he screwed over. Back in the spring Carlito tagged with RVD with no explanation as to why these guys suddenly were friendly. Now it's Cena. At least Cena and Carlito feuded a while ago, so they could at least mend fences. But why don't they SHOW this on TV? Just one brief bit in the back like this:

Cena: "It's okay, homey. Jesus got released a long time ago. Let's go beat Edge and Orton's asses."

Is that hard to do?

Only heels with issues in the past ever seem to explain why they are working together. Such as Jericho/HHH, long time rivals turned partners in 2003 explained it quickly that either liked each other but they both hated Shawn enough to work together.

Guest Diablo_Dor
And I doubt it Lushus, cause who exactly would Cena face on RAW? Orton? Shane? The list of heels on RAW is so extremely light as it is.

UMAGA!!

God hopefully I'm kidding but you just can't tell anymore.

Not to point out the bleedingly obvious but when has that ever stopped the WWE before? Right now there aint any heels for Cena to face if he wins but who exactly does Edge have to face if he wins? Carlito, Jeff Hardy or Shawn, Cos lets not forget HHH doesn't want to face Edge at all.

Do you know who could be an awesome feud if done right for Edge after this, Kane. Just imagine if Kane were to be the one who "Retired" Lita it would let everything come full circle through the god awfulness of last year.

However this is my problem with the company right now, there is far too much segregation throughout the line up and I just don't believe anybody could step up to be the next challenger on either side.

Is that hard to do?

Only heels with issues in the past ever seem to explain why they are working together. Such as Jericho/HHH, long time rivals turned partners in 2003 explained it quickly that either liked each other but they both hated Shawn enough to work together.

speaking of which, did they ever explain why Shawn and HHH became friends again not too long after having a vicious, bloody feud?

HHH, does want to work Edge. There's a reason they are holding off on it (quite possibly for WM) and that's because they want to do the DX angle now.

As for Shawn and HHH's reunion? Simple, they teased it for weeks. Classic and simple case of, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" Knowing they had a past designed around rebellion, they knew bringing that "edge" back would beat their mutal enemy.

What makes you think that it won't be the ussual crowd filled with marks?

EDIT: Is it too early to start the ratings spin machine? If the ratings are down, it's due to MNF on ESPN (a double-header to boot. If the ratings stay the same or are high, it's due to the build up (mentioning the ME on last week's RAW) and the DX/mcmahon feud.

All I hear is Cena will be booed out of the building but what if Cena acts all American (like he usually does with the salute) and you know he'll do a salute to the sky for damn sure and it wouldn't surprise me either if he did a patriotic interview before his tag match, what if that happens, will the crowd still boo Cena or will they "stand behind their country" like America usually does.

MSG is a super smark crowd right up there with Philly and Chicago.

I should've probably known that. When's the last time they ran a show at MSG?

Oh and TAP, good point. However, if they really are super smarky and filled with younger guys, they will absolutely crap all over whatever patrioting thing Cena does.

Looking forward to the 6-man tag. Not thrilled that Hardy is in there, but last week's 6-person match was hella fun even though 2 women were in there, so I expect more of the same.

Trish/Mickie should be fun. I have zero interest in HHH/Vince.

they booed HBK, Brock and Goldberg so it's less markish than most crowds, but i hope they shit all over the ME

and i think Trish puts over Mickey James tonight

Edge losing and going to SD on a technicality makes no sense. What is he going to do on SD? There's already a heel world champion.

I don't put HHH/HBK in the discussion of guys suddenly teaming that were previously feuding. It was built for a while, with them not being quite sure about each other, etc.

Edge losing and going to SD on a technicality makes no sense. What is he going to do on SD? There's already a heel world champion.

I don't put HHH/HBK in the discussion of guys suddenly teaming that were previously feuding. It was built for a while, with them not being quite sure about each other, etc.

well if Edge lost, he would no longer be champion...right...?

as far as HBK/HHH goes, I know if someone was trying to permanently cripple me by putting a sledgehammer to my already injured back, I'd pretty much never reconcile that friendship.

as far as HBK/HHH goes, I know if someone was trying to permanently cripple me by putting a sledgehammer to my already injured back, I'd pretty much never reconcile that friendship.

Oh come on... Water under the bridge! :D

The thing is, the HBK/HHH fued kicked off with a DX reunion where HH Pedigreed Shawn.

Then they had a death fued where HHH tried to cripple Shawn the entire program.

Now they're back to the DX reunion. I just hope Shawn turns on HHH this time and stays heel for a while.

All I hear is Cena will be booed out of the building but what if Cena acts all American (like he usually does with the salute) and you know he'll do a salute to the sky for damn sure and it wouldn't surprise me either if he did a patriotic interview before his tag match, what if that happens, will the crowd still boo Cena or will they "stand behind their country" like America usually does.

Angle's "I hate the troops" promo didn't hurt his face heat during his fued with Cena.