TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - September/11th/2006.

I sometimes feel like I'm one of the only people alive that doesn't hate X-Pac. Hell, if Jeff Hardy can be allowed to return, and then shine, why can't X-Pac do the same?

Somewhere in Florida, Sean Waltman woke up from the pile of coke on his table hearing that chant and asked himself "Are they chanting for me, dude?" and Scott Hall swiftly replied "No, Sean. You were dreaming of 1998 again. Or Maybe I was, I dunno. Move over".

That 6 man was pretty poorly executed for one of those big-time Raw multi-man matches. Everyone's punches looked awful. Comparitively, Stratus/James had more intensity (until the hot tag to Cena). Jeff Hardy totally fucking up seriously gave me a good laugh.

What the fuck was up with JR trying to make a YTMND reference?

Was I supposed to laugh at Crime Time? I don't find the subject matter offensive, it's just the announcer has an irritating voice and the script writing is horrid.

Somewhere in Florida, Sean Waltman woke up from the pile of coke on his table hearing that chant and asked himself "Are they chanting for me, dude?" and Scott Hall swiftly replied "No, Sean. You were dreaming of 1998 again. Or Maybe I was, I dunno. Move over".

"I'm not sucking your cock again, Scott"

Suprisingly good Raw. Best on in a while

The good

-The 6 man tag was good. Even Hardy's botch was awesome

-The announcers were tolerable

-JR finally makes a reference that isn't annoying. Also, it will be on YTMND soon.

-Super Crazy going over Masters again

-Piper returns, and it's actually kind of cool

-Jeff Hardy is starting to grow on me

-Trish saying goodbye. I am really going to miss her. Also, her vs. Mickie was fun.

-Umaga vs Flair was watchable. Also, that's how you book a feud between hoss wrestlers

-Rando continues to bring the funny

The bad

-McMahons vs. DX.

-Cryme Tyme. Even the announcer annoys me.

Classic..

Yes, we all know Vince has the ego to book himself in the main event of a MSG Raw, but I can't believe they really booked such a dead, lifeless, boring "match" like that to go on last instead of the hot six-man tag.

Yes, we all know Vince has the ego to book himself in the main event of a MSG Raw, but I can't believe they really booked such a dead, lifeless, boring "match" like that to go on last instead of the hot six-man tag.

Not really a surprise when the feud he's involved in has done little for ratings, rarely been interesting, and elevates no one.

Awesome show all around.

It was? What was so awesome about it? The only parts I didn't find boring or annoying were the two minute Super Crazy match, the chants during the 6 man tag, and seeing Piper. The dead crowd ruined Trish's match and good bye. She should have told them to go fuck themselves rather than "Thank you"

I just got back from Raw and that was a hot crowd.

The popped like crazy for Piper.

Cena was the most over wrestler out there. The boos along with the cheers where mixed to sound like he was just over. The whole Jeff Hardy thing was great though.

The dead crowd ruined Trish's match and good bye. She should have told them to go fuck themselves rather than "Thank you"

I would loved for her to turn heel one last time and be like she is going to retire the womens title and wrestle her last match in a place where she will be respected and place where the best fans are Canada.

I am watching Raw now and Cena's crowd reaction isn't coming off well at all. The crowd was MUCH louder than this. (Yes, I know it will be louder there, but I've been to other events and this is the hottest crowd I've been to.)

I am watching Raw now and Cena's crowd reaction isn't coming off well at all. The crowd was MUCH louder than this. (Yes, I know it will be louder there, but I've been to other events and this is the hottest crowd I've been to.)

Wait until you get to after the 6 man tag. You can hear a pin drop for the whole rest of the show. BTW, why do you guys hate Trish?

Awesome show all around.

It was? What was so awesome about it? The only parts I didn't find boring or annoying were the two minute Super Crazy match, the chants during the 6 man tag, and seeing Piper. The dead crowd ruined Trish's match and good bye. She should have told them to go fuck themselves rather than "Thank you"

I hope the Canandian fans were watching this so they can give Trish the loudest ovation of the night before and after her match with Lita at Unforgiven..If not the loudest at least close to Edge who I think should get a monster response...

I've been trying to figure out why Jeff Hardy's entertaining again. The things that made him enjoyable (over the top bumping, having fast paced matches) he can't do anymore. He's come back, put a little more weight on, lost a step or two in the ring, and he still fucks up ocassionally... yet he's one of the more entertaining things on RAW.

I've been trying to figure out why Jeff Hardy's entertaining again. The things that made him enjoyable (over the top bumping, having fast paced matches) he can't do anymore. He's come back, put a little more weight on, lost a step or two in the ring, and he still fucks up ocassionally... yet he's one of the more entertaining things on RAW.

It's because he's a fresh face, give him a few more weeks and he will be boring.

Wait until you get to after the 6 man tag. You can hear a pin drop for the whole rest of the show. BTW, why do you guys hate Trish?

Got me.

I might order the PPV just for the crowd. Toronto crowds have always been amazing, especially SummerSlam 04.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

The chubby guy in the Cryme Tyme video was Joey Knight, from OVW tag team, The All Knighters. He's married to Beth Pheonix, you know, the girl during the Summer that was feuding with Mickie James.

It's because he's a fresh face, give him a few more weeks and he will be boring.

I don't think it will, unless if he quickly becomes disinterested in wrestling again.

Really? It came off as really dead on tv, espically after the 6 man tag match.

Another good Raw, but not quite as good as last week.

The Flair -> Umaga -> Kane transition wasn't as smooth and took a lot more time, but Kane's step throw saved the segment.

I'm probably one of the few people in the world that doesn't care when Piper shows up. I guess it gives the Highlanders a little rub. The 6-man with them and the Squad was pretty average.

The big-name 6-man wasn't as good last week's, but it was way better than most matches on Raw this year. Good crowd heat, and a funny botch.

Cryme Tyme's voiceover was great yet again.

Mickie/Trish was decent enough. Nothing will ever touch the WM match, though. I, too, am happy to see Trish get the happy sendoff she deserves.

Cade and Murdoch beating up DX was pretty random. I know The Big Show was there too, but of all the people I'd never thought I'd see get the upper hand on HHH or Michaels... It was a good beatdown too.

McMahon/Hunter was about as good as it could've been. Not great, but Hunter's death selling was fun to watch. McMahon's offense is terrible. Decent build for the Unforgiven match.

Again, solid show. Is Dusty booking Raw now too?

"that wasn't my cock, that was Chyna's clit."