TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Felonies!

The Name Of This Thread Is Talking Heads

Since the name of this thread is talking heads, here is Kermit singing and dancing to Once In a Lifetime. Puts a hop in my step. Pun intended.

That just made my day

Bumping this because I finally got around to hearing The Name Of... (it rules!) and because a Talking Heads discussion is always good for the soul. Also,

and I don't like Remain in Light tracks live

The two live takes of "Born Under Punches" I've heard (the one on TNOTBITH and the epic

one I posted in CTDWAT a few weeks back) both make the studio version sound kinda flat and lifeless in comparison.

but anything from Fear of Music becomes ten times better.

Nutty. Fear of Music has been my favorite TH album as long as I've been listening to them. Though, if I had to choose, I *guess* I like the SMS version of "Heaven" a tiny bit more than the studio recording.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I don't really like that song either way.

I liked Remain in Light best for a long time and then moved away from it. Starting to head that direction again, though. I'm a sucker for that whole cold-sounding production thing.

Guest Brady's Torn ACL

That weird little chiptune thing in the middle of Belew's solo is what makes "Born Under Punches" for me. I still think Fear of Music songs are best on stage, though. Not that they're bad in studio.