TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

Live Smackdown Spoilers for the 9/15 Show

Dark Match:

*Sylvan defeated Chris ?.

Smackdown:

*Finlay came out and bragged about his attack on Batista last week. Bobby Lashley came to the ring and challenged him. Teddy Long came out and announced there would be a contenders match between the two later tonight, with the winner facing King Booker at No Mercy. They noted Batista is "taking time off due to injury."

*Backstage, William Regal and Finlay discuss tonight's main event.

*WWE Cruiserweight champion Gregory Helms defeated Matt Hardy

*Backstage, Rey Mysterio is walking with his son Dominick. They stop and talk to Dean Malenko.

*They announce WWE United States champion Mr. Kennedy vs. Rey Mysterio for tonight.

*Jimmy Wang Yang vignette airs where he complains that Asians don't properly pronounce words.

*The Miz defeated Scotty Too Hotty.

*Brian Kendrick won a Three-Way over Idol Stevens and Kid Kash when Kendrick pinned Kash with a DDT.

*There was a backstage vugnette with King Booker, Sharmell, Finlay, and William Regal discussing the main event tonight

*Rey Mysterio puts Dominick in front of a monitor so he can watch Rey's match against Kennedy. Rey goes to the ring. Behind Dominick, Chavo and Vicky Guerrero are watching him

*WWE United States champion Mr. Kennedy defeated Rey Mysterio after Mysterio was distracted by Vicky and Chavo coming out with Dominick. Dominick ran to Rey and hugged him as the Guerreros watched.

*A promo for MVP aired, where he said he should be signed to Smackdown.

*Vito pinned William Regal after sitting on his face with the dress.

*Teddy Long is talking to WWE World champion King Booker and Sharmell backstage. Vito comes in and has words with Booker. Long announces a match between them for next week

*Sylvester Turkay defeated an unnamed opponent.

*Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero was announced for next week

*Bobby Lashley defeated Finlay via DQ to become the #1 contender for the WWE World championship. King Booker and Sharmell are ringside doing commentary. Regal is also at ringside. After the bell, Batista attacks Finlay and they brawl to the back as agents try to separate them. Booker and Regal attack Lashley, who comes back and spears Booker. Lashley plays to the crowd to end the show.

More to come...

Lashley is (probably) main eventing No Mercy? Interesting. That's one of those odd paradox things where putting Lashley is the main event of a PPV makes you further look like the B show, but ultimately their goal is probably to make Lashley a viable main eventer.

Well, you knew they'd bring Dominick into the angle again. Father of the Year, Rey Mysterio everybody!

Lashley vs Booker for the World title. I like it. Put Finlay with Batista and I'll buy the PPV. Maybe... just maybe,they could make Kennedy look credible against Taker.

they could potentially hand the US belt from Kennedy to Rey to Chavo, to give Chavo a good run with it and also get it away from Kennedy for a little while to see if he can move up the card a bit. I mean, he has already faced and done alright with Batista, he won the US title, and he's going to be facing Taker. A loss against Taker isn't exactly the worst thing in the world unless Taker MAKES it the worst.

Well...nevermind that then.

I like Lashley, but he shouldn't be headlining PPVs already. If No Mercy 2006's buyrates flop, you know why.

Edit: On the other hand, this only means Booker holds onto the title longer so that's great!

Well, you knew they'd bring Dominick into the angle again. Father of the Year, Rey Mysterio everybody!

Two years from now Dominick will be tall enough to beat the crap out of Rey for traumatizing him with these pathetic storyline.

Man, I hate Columbia tv. Already ditched UPN, and we don't get CW until next week.

Anyway, SD looks decent. I like the build to No Mercy with Booker/Lashley and Finlay/Batista. I'm sure we can expect a 3-way tag title match on the show too.

I'm really starting to hate this Rey/Chavo shit. It used to be bad, yet tolerable, but after Vickie turned heel, it's been going downhill even faster. Now they're trying to tie that Dominick angle back in with this one? What a joke. At least Dean Malenko gets on tv.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Lashley main eventing means there is no way in hell I'm watching No Mercy. And are people still going on with that shit about how Rey traumatised Dominic with the Eddie angle? The kid clearly knows it's all an act. Jesus Christ. But hey, I'm sure the kid hates getting to be part of the show. Damn that Rey using his backstage clout to force the writers into involving his family.

Lashley main eventing means there is no way in hell I'm watching No Mercy.

Unless you really hate Lashley THAT much, I'd wait until the final card is announced to make a judgment. The Lashley-Booker series post-Judgment Day was surprisingly really good, and besides, who else did you want to see Book defend against? The only other logical face is Batista, and their match at Summerslam was awful. Benoit shouldn't be getting a title shot so soon, if he even returns to TV before No Mercy.