Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

SWF GENESIS 7 CARD

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
genesisv2-1.gif
SWF
GENESIS
VII

Live, Monday, September 18th, from the Rogers Centre at Skydome in Toronto, Canada!
(7pm PST, 10pm EST; check local listings)
(Send all promos/marked matches to chirs3)

800px-Skydome_Rogers_Center_Toronto_Cana

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

SWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT/CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Michael Stephens © vs. Tom Flesher ©

They have a combined total of 20 titles won.

They were both named Heel of the Year.

They were both named World Champion of the Year.

They were both named Wrestler of the Year.

Both men have left their mark on the federation - both will be remembered as winners, as champions, and as legends...

But after tonight, only one of them will be remembered as the best.

This match will be fought under standard singles match rules.

Send your match to janusd.

SWF INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - OLD SCHOOL RULES
Bruce Blank © vs. "The Dean of Professional Wrestling" Jay Hawke

After Bruce Blank won the International Championship Open Invitiational, Joseph Peters tried desperately to convert him into a man worthy of the belt. Whether or not he has succeeded is open for debate, but Blank must be doing something right, as over a month later he's still going strong.

But that might be about to change.

Bruce said a while ago that his International Title Reign would make people say "Jay Who?" But it seems like Jay Hawke has taken issue with that! The longest reigning International Champion in SWF History has clashed with Bruce on more that one occasion in recent weeks, and he managed to come out on top both times! And with Bruce's expertise being geared more towards the Hardcore end of the spectrum, Hawke's self-selected Pure Rules will only heighten the challenge for Blank to retain his title. Then again, Bruce is no stranger to record setting title reigns, and now that he's found a home in the International Division, odds are he will do anything to stay on top there.

This match will be fought under Old School Rules. Two out of three falls, with a 60 minute time limit. Each wrestler has three rope breaks per fall. Throwing an opponent over the top rope is an immediate disqualification, and disqualifications and countouts WILL result in a title change!

Send your match to Evolution.

GRUDGE MATCH
Wildchild vs. Mike Van Siclen

We already knew that Wildchild was a force to be reckoned with in the ring, but ever since Mike Van Siclen returned, we've seen a new side of this Bahaman - a side that excels at psychological warfare. Having driven MVS nearly to the brink of insanity (having pulled some pranks worthy of Midnight Carnival itself), these two will finally meet in the match Wildchild has been itching for - and the match Mike Van Siclen has been desperately trying to avoid!

This match will be fought without countouts, and without disqualifications.

Send your match to Longdogger_Pete.

CAGE MATCH
Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix © vs. "The Beast" Gabriel Drake

Gabriel Drake has been an unsettling presence ever since his debut in the SWF. He has beaten everyone the bookers have thrown at him, and has his eyes set squarely on our World Champion. There is history there, but Landon Maddix doesn't care much for history, and he went out on a limb to get a match with Drake, in the hopes of shutting him down. Instead, he was jumped backstage, beaten into a bloody mess, and left as an example for all future opponents. Despite his partner's warnings, Maddix demanded this rematch, and JP was more than happy to oblige. More epicness to come...

This match will be fought inside a 15 foot high steel cage. Bars, not the wussy fence kind. The first man to score a pinfall or submission, or to successfully escape the cage and plant both feet firmly on the ground, will be the winner.

Send your match to Evolution.

FIRST BLOOD MATCH
Johnny Dangerous vs. Charlie "Grappler" Matthews

One of the all time SWF greats, Johnny Dangerous, made his return to the SWF last Smarkdown. He was set to compete against Main-Event Mainstay Tom Flesher, in what many predicted would be a Match of the Year candidate. But a combonation of Johnny's eagerness and Tom's lack thereof led to the match being called off, but not before Charlie Matthews got involved. Johnny's chance to upstage the #1 Contender was lost, and now he's out for blood. But with Tom engaged in the Main Event, Johnny will have to settle for someone else's blood: Charlie Matthews'.

This match will be fought under First Blood rules - the first man to cause his opponent to bleed is the winner. The referee must see the blood in order to end the match.

Send your match to chirs3.

SWF HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Jimmy the Doom © vs. The Crimson Skull

Where do I even begin? The short version would be that The Crimson Skull has kidnapped Lois the Unethical, and rather than call the police and let the authorities sort this thing out, Joseph Peters has convinced these two to settle it at Genesis, with the Hardcore Title on the line! Jimmy's no slouch in the hardcore department, but The Crimson Skull is a dastardly villain indeed, and is sure to have more tricks up his sleeve that simply dangling Lois above a shark tank. It's a race against time - for the life of a beautiful woma... well, a woman... and for the SWF Hardcore Championship!

This match will be fought under... some very bizarre rules. Lois the Unethical will be suspended 100 feet above the ring - I'm sorry, I mean above the shark tank. Jimmy the Doom and The Crimson Skull will begin the match deep undergound, beneath the arena. In order to win the match, retain his title, and save the girl, Jimmy the Doom must reach the controls to free Lois before she is lowered into the shark tank (roughly one hour). If The Crimson Skull is able to stop him from reaching the controls, he will become the Hardcore Champion (and a murderer :P).

Send your match to Longdogger_Pete.

SWF CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP #1 CONTENDERS MATCH
"Hollywood" Spike Jenkins vs. "The Divine Wind" Akira Kaibatsu

Two of the federation's top Cruiserweights clash for a shot at the title on AftershoxxxXXxxXXx! Both men will undoubtedly be bringing their A-Game for Genesis, but for these two, it's going to go well beyond this show! The winner of this match will face the winner of tonight's Main Event on AftershoxxXxXXx, for the Cruiserweight title! And THEN they'll be defending against The Unique Youth, Zyon, who won a shot at the title on Smarkdown! Tonight is not the end of their chase for Cruiserweight gold - befitting the name of Genesis, tonight, their journey begins.

This match will be fought under standard singles match rules, with the Cruiserweight addenda: it is illegal to throw your opponent over the top rope, and the count on the outside is extended to 20.

MYSTERY MATCH
"Deathwish" Danny Williams vs. ???

When people issue open challenges, we pay attention. When DANNY FREAKIN' WILLIAMS issues an open challenge, the line of competitors wanting to accept usually wraps around whatever arena we're in. Twice. Danny's invitation for Genesis 7 was accepted immediately, but his opponent has yet to reveal him or her-self publically! We're not even sure Danny himself knows!

Send your match to Ace309.

FATAL FOURWAY ELIMINATION MATCH
The Scion of Light vs. Scotty "The Crush" Raina vs. MANSON vs. Scott Rageheart

Two newcomers make their debut - what better time than Genesis? There will be no Ced Ordonez's or Martin Hunt's to boost their ego. The Scion of Light and Scott "The Crush" Raina will compete against each other in their debut match, but not ONLY against each other! Two SWF veterans, who have fallen on hard times in recent weeks, will get to play welcoming committee, and try to turn their luck around. Will one of our newbies steal the show, and the Genesis spotlight?

This match will be fought under Elimination Rules, with two persons in the ring at any given moment. The other two will stand in their respective corners, and can be tagged in or out at any time. Eliminations can occur via pinfall, countout, submission, or disqualification.

Send your match to Divefire.

TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS MATCH
"The Unique Youth" Zyon vs. JJ Johnson

Two long-time rivals will clash one final time, on the biggest stage of them all. Their history stands at 4-3, in favor of the Unique Youth, who definitely has a momentum boost coming into this match, having just defeated The Birdman in singles competition! JJ's recent exploits have been far less noteworthy, and some are beginning to question whether or not he's still got "it". What better time and place to find out than Genesis?

This match will be fought to two out of three falls, with a 30 minute time limit.

Send your match to Ace309.

SWF FROST PRE-PPV SHOW

SINGLES MATCH
Ian vs. Larkin

Special Guest Referee: THE BOSTON STRANGLER~!

Very few people in the SWF can claim to be undefeated. There's ELK... There's Mr. Galatea (all his losses were still moral victories)...

And then, there's Ian.

A few years back, for one night only, Longdogger Pete's son Ian competed in the SWF, and in an upset on par with Ash Ketchum defeating Chris Raynor in the G2 Tournament (JUMPING MEW DRIVAAAAAAH), the pint-sized wunderkind took down none other than The Boston Strangler.

Since then, Ian has been pressed on numerous occasions to defend his undefeated streak, but the time and place were never right - that is, until Joseph Peters offered him Genesis. Thrilled with the idea of making his grand return at G7, Ian readily accepted the challenge - but the odds are not in his favor.

First, his opponent - Larkin. Akira Kaibatsu's little sister. Same number of syllables as Ian, but twice as many letters - a clear advantage. No one has ever seen her wrestle and live to tell about it. Mainly because no one has ever seen her wrestle at all, but that will make her all the more difficult to predict. And under the tutelage of The Divine Wind... there's no telling what kind of fight she'll be bringing to the match.

Second - never content to leave well enough alone (and also attempting to fill the retiree appearances quota for Genesis), Peters tracked down The Boston Strangler, and offered him a one night gig as the special referee! Has TBS made peace with his loss, or will he take every opportunity he can to hold the man (er, boy) down?

Edited by chirs3

Photobucket is down, so I can't put up the picture I MS Painted so wonderfully. Here's the gist of the set design:

The roof will be open for the duration of the show.

The ring will be where second base is. The rest of the outfield and infield will be taken up by floor seating, except for the two entrance ramps.

The main Smarktron will be hanging down from the open roof you see in the picture. It will be oval-shaped, and it will cover most of that space.

Faces will enter from the left corner of the outfield, heels from the right. Both sides will have complete sets and stages, with their own Smarktrons, ramps, pyro setups, etc., just like regular shows. The ramps will stand taller than usual, and will extend almost the entire way to the ring - walking down the ramp, you will be above the fans until just a few yards away from the ring.

You can use whatever sort of "theme" or decor you want the sets to have. Go nuts. :P

Despite how long i've been hanging around this joint i still haven't managed to end up on a Genesis card, i need to time my ill-conceived comebacks better. Maybe the 8th time will be the charm.

Show should be a damn good one.

That's a pretty stacked card! Although one thing is lacking, which is the application of a Canadian Deathmatch... at G7 in Canada?! Somebody should ask to have their match changed to that.

Even I'd be tempted to write for that.

When your face, WC! That makes no sense, lolz.

Were I a nooblet, I'd be all "Oh, manz0rs, I gots to be in a multiperson match on the biggest show of forever for my debut? I curse the name of Chris Raynor!", but, then again, I'm probably mentally unbalanced. lollerz.

Oh, I'm about to put up a promo that should prevent from Skull being a murderationer should he win (Though, come on, like either of us will show, lolz), I just have to pick the right crappy song (Suggestions welcome. I need lyrics, though, so, yeah).

Also: I bet half a pile of dirt that Janus will be all gay and pink tuxedoed again, lolz. OR NOT! To the hammmmmmm.

I'm just saying; had I known that, I would have turned in a competitive match, instead of one that ended in a no contest to advance my storyline.

Oh well, it's on me anyway, I guess; it isn't the first match I've lost because I didn't fully read the card, and it probably won't be the last... I've really got to learn to do more than just glance at the header and skip ahead to the word limit; I mean, if it doesn't say "contendership match" or "title match" or "no dq" match in big bold letters, more often than not, I just overlook it... :(

I think the description of your match said that the winner would be in line for a shot at the CW champion sometime after G7, WC.

I'm glad that Janus will be there. However, I am mildly worried that ALL the Janusi will be there, doing a kick line similar to the Rockettes.

I'm looking forward to seeing Danny's opponent.

And sweet baby Jesus, if I beat Tom (looking unlikely at this point) I have to then defend against Akira or Spike? Christ.

I'd love it if Windy got Larkin to write a genuine screwjob with Strangler making a fast count.

Guest Divefire

That's... Freakishly very scary and can some one please tell me where all the time went...?!

Btw, Raynor, sweet card man, like the poster stuff. Nice one.

Man, I just realized that a semi-large chunk of spots I had planned on writing probably aren't feasible at/in a baseball stadium. Oh wellz, I'll just have to change things, lolz.

Edit: Never mind, just read Rayn-Man's set description, and I should be able to work things, lolz. However, the faces should come from the home team's dugout, heels from the away side's. Not that it matters for my match (Speaking of which, I'm thinkin' of startin' 'em in a press/sky box, since, you know, a baseball stadium probably doesn't have a boiler room. Bourte)

I care.

I also think it looks like something that should be advertising Kasabian, but hey.

Yes, that poster is JJ's doing. I actually said no to it a while ago when he first showed it to me, but it kind of started growing on me. I really do like it.

Markers will be edited in...... TONIGHT.

Edited by chirs3

Most markers have been edited in - however, I would like to avoid making any of our regulars (myself included :P) pull triple duty, so I'm working on securing a few more. Those should be edited in by tomorrow night.

Chris, no dice on me marking Raina/SOL/Manson/Rageheart. I've been chatting with Raina quite a bit, giving him advice on the match. I'd appreciate a bump and shuffle there.