TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

DK and all of the Rare DKC characters are owned by Nintendo.

Banjo and crew (including Conker), Killer Instinct, Jet Force Gemini, etc are owned by Rare.

I assume that all of the Dinosaur Planet characters are Nintendo's, since they've been using Krystal since the split.

OT but Im surprised RARE hasn't done a Killer Instict game for the 360.

I still listen to the CD that came with the game too.

and it kinda sucks RARE owns the Banjo franchise cause you know they wont do anything with it for the 360.

Rare will release a banjo-kazooie game on the 360. A trailer has aleady been somewhat shown.

Banjo and crew (including Conker), Killer Instinct, Jet Force Gemini, etc are owned by Rare.

I assume that all of the Dinosaur Planet characters are Nintendo's, since they've been using Krystal since the split.

There's interest in it but Rare reps have stated before in the past that they have *no ideas* for it, gameplay or storyline-wise.

There's interest in it but Rare reps have stated before in the past that they have *no ideas* for it, gameplay or storyline-wise.

Fighting game + women with bouncy boobs (Orchid and Maya from the 2nd) = good sales I suppose..thats why Im surprised they havent done it since it would sell regardless.

Lushus u should go to Target and if theres people wait for the tickets, there was a crowd when i got mines but everyone got tickets just try to be there at least by 5:30-6:00.

Not that I saw from earlier. Both times I've shown up, it was first come, first serve. I head-counted about 32, but that was really quick, so I may have been able to wait around but I don't have the time if I'm in the back. Supposedly Gamestop is getting a shipment between 2 and 4 today and putting them on sale immediately rather than sitting on them, which seems really odd, so I might wander over there after after I administer a final.

Lushus u should go to Target and if theres people wait for the tickets, there was a crowd when i got mines but everyone got tickets just try to be there at least by 5:30-6:00.

that's what I'm going to do Sunday am, I think...there's a Super Target about 5 minutes away from me...I'll head over about 5:30ish and hang out for a bit.

So I actually plan on going out and camping the night before for a Wii...

I figure going to see the new Will Smith joint then heading to Best Buy by 2 am should give me a chance to get a Wii this Sunday.

Any games I should pick up besides Zelda? I've heard that CoD is iffy and I'm not too in to the niche games like Trauma Center to plunk down money for it...

This is another thing that makes me glad that I'm waiting until a few months in 2007 until getting a Wii. Aside from hoping they release another colour after X-Mas, I'd also like a little more to choose from in terms of games. I'm not that big on Zelda, to be honest, so Trauma Centre is really the only game I'd probably get. Red Steel, maybe, but not so much since all of the shit I've heard about it since launch.

Vivi, I'm thinking I'm getting just Trauma Center and then probably rent a game here or there until something good comes out...MAYBE I'll get Zelda...honestly, I haven't played a Zelda game since Link to the Past, just haven't really had the desire.

Gamecube Zelda is out now and is apparently easy to find.

Oh, Wii-related Sony comment:

"We feel very confident that the PlayStation fan is going to wait until they can get a PlayStation 3. If they do pick up a Wii, it's as more of a novelty." -- Dave Karraker, senior director of corporate communications at Sony Computer Entertainment America, to the Wall Street Journal

Vivi, I'm thinking I'm getting just Trauma Center and then probably rent a game here or there until something good comes out...MAYBE I'll get Zelda...honestly, I haven't played a Zelda game since Link to the Past, just haven't really had the desire.

Exact same with me man. Link to the Past (once again with my love of the 16 bit days) rules all in comparison to the N64 titles - and whatever was on the GC.. if there was. This is how much attention I've payed to the franchise. Zip! :P

I got Zelda, which is pretty much the most addictive game I've played since Lego Star Wars, and I also have Excite Truck and Red Steel. I know a lot has been said about Red Steel, but I actually like it. It took me about 30 minutes to get used to the control, then it was all fun. Excite Truck is ridiculously fun, even more with the custom soundtrack option. It's just a really simple racing game, but because of the way you control it and because they take the focus out of finishing first in each race, it all feels new and fresh. And the multiplayer mode is a lot of fun too.

I'm holding back on most of the launch titles until I actually get to play/rent them.

Thoth told me through the Wii messages that Red Steel has a really lame thing where if you die in the final battle, the game is over. COMPLETELY over. As in, you have to start from the beginning.

So basically you have to make a duplicate save and throw it on an SD card before fighting said battle. If you screw up, at least you can copy it back to the internal memory.

BTW, do any games yet support saving directly to the SD card? I was surprised that option wasn't available, even with the software update done.

I got Zelda, which is pretty much the most addictive game I've played since Lego Star Wars, and I also have Excite Truck and Red Steel. I know a lot has been said about Red Steel, but I actually like it. It took me about 30 minutes to get used to the control, then it was all fun. Excite Truck is ridiculously fun, even more with the custom soundtrack option. It's just a really simple racing game, but because of the way you control it and because they take the focus out of finishing first in each race, it all feels new and fresh. And the multiplayer mode is a lot of fun too.

Yeah, I'm digging Red Steel as well. The turning is really slow, and losing your targeting reticle off screen is a pain in the ass when you're in a gun fight, but it isn't too terrible as a whole. The hype is killing it. I prefer the Call of Duty controls with the smaller bounding box and quicker turning.

Baseball is kicking my ass in Wii Sports. I've reached the pro level and it's nearly impossible to beat. It's absolutely ridiculous that the CPU gets to throw 90 MPH curves and screwballs, but I can't. And their lineup is composed entirely of the most patient hitters ever assembled as well. They never swing at balls. I love it and hate it at the same time.

He's an arrogant dick, but he's right.

It's still more of a opinion rather than fact. I really just see the comment as a form of damage control. I'm not one of these people thinking the Wii is going to be the stake through Sony's heart, but I'm sure they are worried about the Wii. Evidence? Their new plans for a Point and Motion sensitive controller. As long as the games continue to use the controller in innovative or entertaining ways, I don't see the Wii ever losing it's fun factor.

Your going to have to explain that custom soundtrack thing because when I think custom soundtrack, I think of being able to play my own music that I have ripped to something and as far as I know, you can't save your own music to the Wii....or can you?

Your going to have to explain that custom soundtrack thing because when I think custom soundtrack, I think of being able to play my own music that I have ripped to something and as far as I know, you can't save your own music to the Wii....or can you?

If you have MP3's saved on your SD card, Excite Truck and the Photo Channel can play those songs.

If you have MP3's saved on your SD card, Excite Truck and the Photo Channel can play those songs.

Precisely. When I play Excite Truck to the Initial D soundtrack, I just... do better.

Guest Princess Leena

So, apparently we'll have to add Friend Codes for EVERY game. It's not universal. Nintendo is really fucking up the online portion. Good thing I don't care about it.

So, apparently we'll have to add Friend Codes for EVERY game. It's not universal. Nintendo is really fucking up the online portion. Good thing I don't care about it.

Proof? Elebits is good to go already. I sent stuff to Invictus.

Guest Princess Leena

From IGN:

Strangely, despite the Wii hardware having its own friend list, Pokemon Battle Revolution uses its own, independent friend list. Each game includes a unique 12-digit friend code, different from your Wii system number. To create a friend, both sides have to input the other's code. How you actually go about exchanging these codes is a mystery, as the information is not included on your battle pass. Once again, I presume Nintendo wants you to only exchange codes with your real life friends.

Hopefully, it's only for that game. Or, just the more kiddyish games. At least it's understandable there.