TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Picked up WarioWare today. It's good but looks to be pretty short. I expect multiplayer to be a blast though. Also, I've heard that Rayman: Raving Rabbids is on sale for $30 this week at Wal-Mart and Circuit City. Circuit City also has Red Steel for $30.

How many mini-games do you figure are in the game? Is it like Mario Party where you don't really see a large chunk of the available mini-games during a game? Or are they so few where you see most of them in one play-through?

How many mini-games do you figure are in the game? Is it like Mario Party where you don't really see a large chunk of the available mini-games during a game? Or are they so few where you see most of them in one play-through?

Nintendo Power say 200+ microgames.

Nintendo Power say 200+ microgames.

Cool. I'm probably picking it up tomorrow, with a 2nd Wiimote. I hope it, along with Mario Party 8 are good, because nothing else is really coming out in the near future.

I was given Red Steel for Christmas. I finally opened it on Sunday at 5:00 pm, being too busy with the greatness that is Ultimate Alliance, Zelda, and Wii Sports.

I played the game for approx. 10 minutes. I was at the store by 5:40 pm to return it.

Seriously, it is the worst game I have ever played.

The graphics are SUPER NINTENDO QUALITY. The cut scenes consist of shitty "art" moving side to side. i.e. a picture of a car sliding onto the screen.

The play control is probably the worst for a "Goldeneye" type game ever. You CONSTANTLY move forward and must hold back to stop.

Anyways, the game is the shits. Avoid it at all costs.

Oh yeah, you're saving your "girlfriend", a Japanese chick in full Japanese attire and steretype. With a voice of a 30's suburban mom. The voice acting, art, play control, all get a solid F.

The graphics are higher than 'Super Nintendo level', I still haven't tried it since I got my component cables, but they looked pretty nice. Some reviews I've read say it's the best looking game on the Wii, so far. The cutscenes are kind of lame, I'll agree with you there.

I had the same problem with the controls at first, too, but I think I must have had the stick pushed one way to mess up the default.

My feelings on Red Steel are somewhat known, but I'll reiterate them.

I didn't find the game terribly shitty until the end. I got the bad ending, and found out I would have to REPLAY THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME to try and get the good ending.

$32 sold on half.com.

"You CONSTANTLY move forward and must hold back to stop."

Your analog stick is messed up.

Maybe it was a defective copy.

My analog stick works fine on every other game. I don't see Spidey or Doc Strange constantly running forward into danger. That was my immediate concern (broken stick).

Thoth thanks for your Wii-mail, just got it (net was down), pretty funny. (think it was you anyway)

Well, yeah, but Wario Ware isn't a game you "beat."

You're supposed to go back and keep trying to beat your high scores on the stages, and collect all the stupid pointless trinkets.

The play control is probably the worst for a "Goldeneye" type game ever. You CONSTANTLY move forward and must hold back to stop.

You turned on your Wii with the analog stick jammed in the forward position because that is definitely not how the game plays.

Red Steel is not as bad as I thought it would be. The cut-scenes suck, the graphics are average, and the control takes some time getting used to, but everything still works well enough to be enjoyable. It's about a 6/10 in my opinion. I enjoy picking out bad guys with the sniper rifle, as well as shooting guns out of their hands.

However, since it does get a bit repetitive, I usually play through one level each day. Never more than that.

I nearly got a Wii yesterday, but you had to buy three games with it (not in a bundle either) which would have pushed the price up to near £300. I still wuld have got it, but of the three games I'd buy at this point (Zelda, Wario and Rayman), they only had Wario, and I really didn't wanna splash out £70 on games I didn't want just to get the system a few weeks early (most places haven't gotten any Wiis since Xmas over here).

I do kind of regret it though...

I'm starting to like Bowling more and more. I'm finally a PRO with a score of 1086, and now have that cool bowling ball. I just set my personal record for a single game with 256.

Fun little pointless note I wanted to make before I get a Wii...

Wii is the first Nintendo system that actually has had both a Zelda game and a Wario game come out BEFORE a Mario game came out for the system.

And as proof...here's the breakdown:

NES: Super Mario Bros first, then Legend of Zelda. Wario was near the end of the system

Game Boy: Super Mario Land, then eventually Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 and Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening

Super NES: Super Mario World, Then Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, then the Wario puzzler

Game Boy Color: Super Mario Bros. DX, Wario Land II DX, and Link's Awakening DX all released around the same time

Virtual Boy: Mario Clash, Mario Tennis and Wario Land VB all released about the same time. No Zelda game (think how much people's heads would hurt after playing a VB Zelda game)

N64: Super Mario 64, then Zelda: OoT. No Wario solo game

Game Boy Advance: Super Mario Advance, then Wario Land 4, then Zelda: Minish Cap (or re-release of Link To the Past with Four Swords, don't remember which came first)

GameCube: Luigi's Mansion, then Mario Sunshine, then Zelda Wind Waker and Wario World.

Nintendo DS: Super Mario 64 DS, Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, Super Princess Peach and New Super Mario Bros. all came out already, while WarioWare Touched came out between those titles, we're still waiting on the Wario action game, and also waiting on Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Again, just a pointless tidbit there.

Red Steel seemed to chug horribly for me.

I love playing with the weather channel's globe. I'm sure that's not intended.

The Globe taught me that much of the country that you live in is ridiculously uninhabitable.

The Globe taught me that much of the country that you live in is ridiculously uninhabitable.

It's just that big part in the middle that covers almost all the country.

Guest Smues
Virtual Boy: Mario Clash, Mario Tennis and Wario Land VB all released about the same time. No Zelda game (think how much people's heads would hurt after playing a VB Zelda game)

Damn now you got me wishing there had been VB Zelda. Yeah it would have hurt like hell, but it could have been awesome.

Smues: Still waiting to ship his 2 Virtual Boys up to Alaska.

Wario Ware single player beaten, all of the multi player games played and finished. Total time? 3.5 hours or so. If you look up the definition of "game rental", Wario Ware is pictured. It's a fun game and it's worth playing, but god damn is it short.

Damn now you got me wishing there had been VB Zelda. Yeah it would have hurt like hell, but it could have been awesome.

Smues: Still waiting to ship his 2 Virtual Boys up to Alaska.

Glad there wasn't. Or else I'd have had to get one and make my eyes even worse.

That would be hella lot of long hours.

Yeah but so could the N-Gage. There's no reason to be hyping it up this much. It's not even selling as much as the PS2 now.

Meh.

All I know is that I haven't played one game on my PS3 while I have been playing my Wii more than any system I've ever played. Then again, I've only been playing Madden. But still.

Guest Princess Leena
Yeah but so could the N-Gage. There's no reason to be hyping it up this much. It's not even selling as much as the PS2 now.

Troll.