TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

yup, Pit...I did see that, hopefully Kid Icarus Wii comes out one of these days...of course, they'd do something stupid like make it a 1st person shooter or some shit.

yup, Pit...I did see that, hopefully Kid Icarus Wii comes out one of these days...of course, they'd do something stupid like make it a 1st person shooter or some shit.

Unnecessary and unwarranted Metroid Prime hate much?

Yeah I'm sick of the Fire Emblem FPSers, too.

I wouldn't mind Nintendo outsourcing a Kid Icarus sequel on DS to Iga, though.

Go to the Wii Ware section of the Wii Shop channel. New channel for download: the Everybody Votes Channel. It's free. No idea what this is.

I'm downloading this now... I have no fucking idea at all.

Damn, it requires a system update.

It appears the system update adds a "Region of Residence" option.

Oh wow. You vote on stuff. Using Mii's. By dropping them where you want to vote. Huh. The votes are sent over Internet. You can predict which repsonse gets more votes, etc.

At least it's free. I could see this being a casual sort of thing. Actually, I think this could get addicting.

Woah, you can suggest your own questions.

it sounds like it could be a trojan horse to tighten up region coding on the Wii. I don't intend to hard mod my Wii anyway, but I'll wait a bit.

I downloaded and am playing Kirby, though.

Guest Smues

I just got done playing Wario Ware and had turned off the Wii, then looked over at it to see it was glowing blue and was surprised. Downloading the votes channel now. Sounds like goofy fun

Took advantage of the Everybody Votes Channel. Roses, Dogs, and 22nd Century.

Also, the question I suggested was "Which franchise do you prefer - Mario or Zelda?" Admittedly kinda obvious, let's see if it gets picked up.

Downloaded it when I got home an hour ago. It was definitely a surprise to see a new channel. I see this channel getting addicting since new polls go up, and the comparisions sent to the Wii console later on. Thanks Nintendo!

Bitch about it some more, that'll help.

So that WiFi adapter I bought for $40, turns out I don't need it as one of our alumni fixed the wireless router where it reaches all our rooms now. With no box/receipt, it just sits on my desk as a paperweight. Oh, well.

Anyone wanna buy a WiFi Adapter for uh, $15?

I've gotta agree. I'm not enamored enough with the motion control to re-buy the game for the Wii, and I don't think there are enough Wii owners who don't have a PS2 to make the port worthwhile.

Actually, looking at the Wii release date list, I don't see a single Capcom game in the works. The only information I can find is on the rumored Okami port and some "mystery" game.

What a pointless port if it's true.

I thought you liked that game.

I do. However, I fail to see the point of porting it. Why not make something new instead? The idea supposedly is that it will enhance the brush techniques...but none of them were hard with the analog. It isn't like aiming in Zelda.

I also liked Prince of Persia The Two Thrones. However, I think Ubi porting it to Wii, with a T rating, with no enhancements except Wii-ified controls, is hella lame.

Okami I'm just "meh" on because everyone who wanted it should already own it on PS2. However, Two Thrones Wii I find to be flat out offensive.

And theres the reverse, in which games made for nintendo are getting ported to the PS2 and XBox360. Rayman RR is getting ported to the 360 and will make use of the camera add on to pick up gestures for about 1/2 the minigames along with upgraded spiffy HD graphics and possible XBL play..

and Okami sort of interests me because I dont have a PS2..

I've gotta agree. I'm not enamored enough with the motion control to re-buy the game for the Wii, and I don't think there are enough Wii owners who don't have a PS2 to make the port worthwhile.

I don't have a PS2 and I've heard awesome things about Okami so personally I'd be willing to try it out on the Wii even with no motion control at all.

Guest Queen Leelee

I agree with Andrew...

I love Okami, but don't really want to get it on the Wii now. :(

And they announce this less than 24 hours after I purchase a used copy of Okami through Gamefly. Assholes.

It hasn't been "announced." Capcom has simply not denied that a game might be ported to Wii.

I just got done playing Wario Ware and had turned off the Wii, then looked over at it to see it was glowing blue and was surprised. Downloading the votes channel now. Sounds like goofy fun

Yeah Why does it do that blue glow thing?

Yay, I found Wii Play at Sears, probably because no one touches Sears. They had two copies and an extra remote by itself.

-migoli, the blue glow means you have a new message and/or an update is available. It's probably the Everybody Votes Channel.

I'm guessing soon we're getting Donkey Kong Country, and possibly Zelda 2.

I'm basing it upon the fact that it's pretty much the only SNES VC release that hasn't hit that did come out in other regions, plus all this week featured Smash Bros combatants.

For reference--the stuff we got so far:

http://www.vc-reviews.com/available_now.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtu..._titles_(Japan)