TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Guest Queen Leelee

Heh. :(

I also want to add that I really hate the VC, and wish it dies. The end.

Guest Queen Leelee

VC has nothing to do with the Wii, and such conversation in Wii threads should be deleted and reason for banishment.

As for you, nothing you say matters. You have a smug attitude because you know far too much about video games. We should only post to people in our league like Anya. Have your arguments that nobody in their right mind gives a fuck about. Thank you.

Of course, since you are such an asshole, you'll obviously be made a mod here at forums.thesmartmarks.com. Good luck with that.

I'd like the VC if the prices were even remotely reasonable. Then again, I do like it because it shatters the illusion that some hold of Nintendo, that they are an unselfish, caring bastion of good-will for the gaming community, when they're really just like any other greedy corporation. $5 for NES ROMs. $5 for NES ROMs.

"VC has nothing to do with the Wii"

Explain that logic.

And while you're at it, explain how your previous post wasn't trolling.

There was a Retrogaming topic that would have covered pretty much anything PS store/XBLA/VC, but that fizzled out.

I like the concept, but to me it's nil because all the games I want I already have on other formats.

I'd agree, but on the other end of the same spectrum, I love the VC because all of my other formats (except for my N64) are back at home. Plus, I'd gladly pay $5 for an "NES Rom" because, for me at least, its convenient and I want to be able to play with a real controller instead of my keyboard. I know I could get a PS2-USB adapter, but like I said: convenience.

I'd gladly pay $5 for an "NES Rom" because, for me at least, its convenient and I want to be able to play with a real controller instead of my keyboard. I know I could get a PS2-USB adapter, but like I said: convenience.

You wouldn't even need to get a PS2-USB adapter--there are tons of USB controllers readily available. However, my computer is iffy about recognizing it, and I always have to unplug/plug it back in.

I honestly don't have that much of a problem of $5 for NES games, provided they're A+ titles. However, when I often get carts from pawn shops for 2-3 bucks, I'm more apt to risk it on a title I haven't played before. It's the 8 bucks for the 16-bit stuff that's really iffy. And 10 bucks for N64 games could go either way. The higher quality titles, sure, if they don't have gimped functionality. However, clearly they know they don't have much to offer on N64 with only 2 titles so far (3 if you count Japan's Rumble-less Ocarina).

But the value at the Playstation Store has it beat though. $5 for Jumping Flash is a fair price by any standard. Ditto for Silent Bomber whenever they opt to give it to us.

XBLA's though I'd be quite annoyed with. It appears original content on there is awesome. Unfortunately, highly-demanded content like SOTN, Worms, and Double Dragon are announced like a year in advance and they don't give you even a time frame for appearance. I'm still shocked to hear that none of those are out yet.

DKC had solid level design to go along with the graphics, sound and fun writing. Still a good game. The retroactive hate is annoying.

Like I said, I think it all stems from Shiggy.

However, if so, that's utter bull, because Shiggy's own right hand man made Yoshi's Story. Since Shiggy didn't hit him with a stick until he fixed it, I think he's heavily to blame for it.

I'm really surprised by the Miyamoto dislike of DKC. Its a solid platformer in the spirit of games like Mario, and he treats it as if it were some big fuck you to Donkey Kong's supposed character.

Unpopular opinion: I really like DKC3 and think while not as good as 2, still enjoyable to play.

He wasn't so upset about the game itself, but what happened because of it. What happened was that when DKC was a huge hit, he was being pressured to have Yoshi's Island turned into a cgi game as well. He complained that Americans would put up with "mediocre gameplay" if the graphics were good. He later apologized and explained the pressure, though.

The cgi DK model was actually designed with his input. Rare just put a tie on him.

But still, the childish gaming press hates Rare anyway. EGM named 5 Rare games out of their top 10 most overrated games.

Oddly, after hours of seeing Wiis go for upward of $400 on ebay, I somehow just got one for the store price off of it using the "Buy it Now" thing instead of bidding. Weird. It better get here soon.

Oddly, after hours of seeing Wiis go for upward of $400 on ebay, I somehow just got one for the store price off of it using the "Buy it Now" thing instead of bidding. Weird. It better get here soon.

Congratulations. :) I hope you enjoy it.

So, it looks like there's lots of systems being snatched by Ebay sellers? *groan* Lame.

Sadly, Killer Instinct really was a terrible game.

No it wasn't. If you're comparing it to a top tier fighting game series, it doesn't hold up so well, but it's far above other MK/SF clone ilk.

Plus this overrated talk seems more like EGM were morons back in the day and gave out high scores like party favors. They're the ones who suck for inflating perceptions of just ok games.

Toshinden totally deserves it, though. That was pretty much the game that sold people on the PS1 since every mag gushed over it and how it was prettier/more fun than VF.

I am convinced Killer Instinct's combo system inspired Capcom and pretty much everyone else.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/here-it-is-ni...2007-238388.php

Kotaku posted the 1P Wii releases slated for 2007 (Japan):

* Fire Emblem February 22nd, One Player

* Eyeshield 21: Field no Saikyou Senshi Tachi March 8th, One~Two Players

* Super Paper Mario April 19th, One Player

* Wii Brain Softening Game April 26th, One~EIght Players

* Wii Health Pack Sometime 2007, Players TBA

* Disaster, Sometime 2007, Players TBA

* Mario Party 8, Sometime 2007, One~Four Players

* Project H.A.M.M.E.R. Sometime 2007, Players TBA

* Wii Music Sometime 2007, Players TBA

* Super Mario Galaxy Sometime 2007, One Player

* Super Smash Bros. Brawl Sometime 2007, Players TBA

* Totsugeki Famicom Wars W Sometime 2007, Players TBA

* Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race Sometime 2007, Players TBA

* Forever Blue Sometime 2007, Players TBA

* Mario Strikers Charged Sometime 2007, One~Four Players

* Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Sometime 2007, One Player

* Animal Crossing Release TBA, Players TBA

* Hoshi no Kirby Release TBA, Players TBA

This "sometime 2007" crap is annoying, though.

However, this is the first I've heard of Kirby for Wii. There was a Gamecube Kirby platformer in the works waaaaaaaaaaay back, but there was no info released for it forever. So, appears it's finally back on.

I find all this talk of Wii sales "falling" hilarious.

That's only because their SUPPLIES are apparently falling.

Someone, PLEASE find me a Wii!

I thought DK64 was originally regarded as just a lame, Mario 64 knockoff, collectathon? How can it be overrated?

But of the games on that list, I agree with over half of them.

Shenmue, Banjo-Kazooie, Nights, Perfect Dark, DK64(if you can call it overrated), and Toshinden.

Shenmue is there just because they don't like the genre. That's hardly grounds for it being overrated. Opinion was mixed on that game anyway. FFIX is a completely bizarre choice since it wasn't pimped as much as its predecessors, or successors, and it was much better than FFVIII which did get a fair share of critical acclaim despite having some objective, significant flaws.

Hell, I love the old school adventure genre. Shenmue was a great example of an old school adventure game.

That's why it's overrated, cause it was hyped and initially prasied as a "great new innovative game"

No, it's just like EVERY other point and click game. With more waiting, and some old school games thrown in there.

Oh, it was definitely overhyped. I remember reading how "everything" in the world could be interacted with. Uh, no. TES it was not.

Now that I think of it, Sega needs to make a good beat 'em up using the Virtua Fighter fighting system. Something like Shenmue, but where the battles make up the biggest chunk of the game. With Sarah as the main character. Yea, I could dig that.

I still love Perfect Dark, although my only real gametime with it is in the multiplayer combat mode. When I'm home, I still play against my brother (we each have our own team of preset sims), or I'll just play by myself against a team of sims. The ability to have sim teammates & enemy teams makes the multiplayed a lot more fun than Goldeneye's combat mode.