TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

STARTLING PREDICTION AHOY: Mario Kart Wii will be a mascot racer featuring car-like "go-karts" to be driven by most of the characters from Mario Party 8. Sonic the Hedgehog will NOT be a racer (or will he?????). The game will implement items, motion sensing in some capacity, and online play will be regulated via friend codes. It will be released sometime between summer 2008 and December 31, 2009. Gamestop will have it on it's coming soon list with a release date of June 1, 2008 and gullible folks will assume it to be true and threaten to burn Nintendo to the ground when they camp out for no reason and/or film themselves smashing their Wii for YouTube.

You know, I started this as a joke but it seems so true...

Also, the people I play WarioWare with that love it are the kind of people who would love to play it around 4:20 if you know what I mean. Hope that helps.

Gamestop will have it on it's coming soon list with a release date of June 1, 2008 and gullible folks will assume it to be true and threaten to burn Nintendo to the ground when they camp out for no reason and/or film themselves smashing their Wii for YouTube.

Yes, because Nintendo *totally didn't delay* Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime 3. No siree. People were just hung up on prospective dates. It had nothing to do with Nintendo failing to release TP so they could put it as a Wii launch game or anything. And let's forget "Spring 2007" was straight from Reggie's mouth and repeated ad nauseum.

tiring 3D Zelda formula

Any time some one says "3D Zelda formula", replace it with "Ocarina of Time." Because that's what they really mean most of the time.

-Sonic and the Secret Rings is the worst game I've played on the Wii. Frustrating controls, and the most repetitive levels ever (you seriously go through the same stage at least ten times doing different "missions" like time attack, ring collecting, destroying enemies, etc).

This has been praised as the best 3D Sonic game so far.

All I have to say is--it controls better than Sonic Next Gen, and I'd find it acceptable for 20 bucks or so. However, considering what Sega should be doing with the series, it's pathetic.

Gamestop will have it on it's coming soon list with a release date of June 1, 2008 and gullible folks will assume it to be true and threaten to burn Nintendo to the ground when they camp out for no reason and/or film themselves smashing their Wii for YouTube.

Yes, because Nintendo *totally didn't delay* Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime 3. No siree. People were just hung up on prospective dates. It had nothing to do with Nintendo failing to release TP so they could put it as a Wii launch game or anything. And let's forget "Spring 2007" was straight from Reggie's mouth and repeated ad nauseum.

tiring 3D Zelda formula

Any time some one says "3D Zelda formula", replace it with "Ocarina of Time." Because that's what they really mean most of the time.

-Sonic and the Secret Rings is the worst game I've played on the Wii. Frustrating controls, and the most repetitive levels ever (you seriously go through the same stage at least ten times doing different "missions" like time attack, ring collecting, destroying enemies, etc).

This has been praised as the best 3D Sonic game so far.

All I have to say is--it controls better than Sonic Next Gen, and I'd find it acceptable for 20 bucks or so. However, considering what Sega should be doing with the series, it's pathetic.

You missed my point there, but I was vague. I've seen other message boards where people get legitimately pissed that Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and SSBB weren't released on June 1st because that's when their local Gamestop cashier told them. Also, the best 3D Sonic game is like the best turd (sorry, I couldn't even come up with anything remotely clever). If you can find it for $20, more power to you. And any game where I die because Sonic automatically runs into a wall of spikes that I can't see until I hit it is unacceptable, so I don't really take other people's praise into mind. They praise Sonic because they want to like a Sonic game again.

Let's still be friend (code)s :) :) :) :)

What message boards were those, BTW?

Also, the best 3D Sonic game is like the best turd (sorry, I couldn't even come up with anything remotely clever). If you can find it for $20, more power to you. And any game where I die because Sonic automatically runs into a wall of spikes that I can't see until I hit it is unacceptable, so I don't really take other people's praise into mind. They praise Sonic because they want to like a Sonic game again.

Sonic Adventure 1 is still a good game. It's aged terribly, and I refuse to play the Big levels ever again (I actually beat the entire game, Big levels and all, and played the Super Sonic finale. Very, very fun), however, from then on the series has gone more and more astray.

The sad thing is, from SA1 on there's been 3 different lead designers on 3D Sonics, and none of them have managed to make a really good Sonic game, IMO. This guy probably could, but he's moved on to far, far greener pastures.

Guest Smues

SA2 was good too, but it's boosted by it's awesome* soundtrack.

*Awesome pretending that Knuckles' levels had no music.

SA2 would have been good if there were no Knuckles/Rouge levels, period.

And arguably no Tails/Eggman levels, period.

Well...maybe.

Guest Smues
SA2 would have been good if there were no Knuckles/Rouge levels, period.

And arguably no Tails/Eggman levels, period.

Well...maybe.

The knuckles/Rouge levels aren't great, but I find them occasionally enjoyable...if you mute the Knuckles level. Man oh man is that shit awful. As for Eggman/Tails, they're fine, but what they should have done was kept Tails out of the suit and came up with some flying levels for him, while keeping Eggman in his suit levels.

No idea, I get bored and read a lot of message boards without registering. I know for a fact one of them had to have been SomethingAwful, though, but with the thousands of members, odds are there'll be quite a few stupid people. To wrap things up, I don't like Sonic games that much and I'm sorry for kinda derailing the thread.

The knuckles/Rouge levels aren't great, but I find them occasionally enjoyable...if you mute the Knuckles level. Man oh man is that shit awful. As for Eggman/Tails, they're fine, but what they should have done was kept Tails out of the suit and came up with some flying levels for him, while keeping Eggman in his suit levels.

That would have required them to actually come up with more than 3 gameplay styles, which they were too lazy to do.

The gem-hunting went from quick, easy, and fun from the first game to annoying PITA in one simple step: the radar only lets you find them in a specific, arbitrary order. Because that's just metal detectors work, I guess. You can't find your Indian arrowhead before you find your lost house key. And we know drug-sniffing dogs will always seek out pot first, then hash, then cocaine.

I think the day that they designed Rouge...then gave her ginormous breasts, they decided it was going to be a furrytastic hit and phoned it in from then on.

Then they did some pot. Then some hash. Then some cocaine.

In that order, of course.

That story is from mid-March, Drewts.

VGCharts has the current total at 7.72 million.

And not to take anything away from Nintendo's success, but I'm sure the PS2 would have beat those numbers handily had it not been out only in Japan for its first seven months.

I mentioned it a day before they started doing them. The discussion took a turn for the worse when WWM started trolling Smash Bros as a series.

That story is from mid-March, Drewts.

VGCharts has the current total at 7.72 million.

VGCharts' numbers have been called into question many, many times ever since they were forced to stop using NPD numbers, but there hasn't been any dispute that it's at least at 6. The milestone is more significant right now than the current number.

I mentioned it a day before they started doing them. The discussion took a turn for the worse when WWM started trolling Smash Bros as a series.

Oh no, not one post that disses the fabled Smash Bros :(

Guest Smues

I love Zelda II. I'll be buying that one for sure, even though I have the GBA port. It'll be nice to play it again on a large television.

"Bitsize Candy" in Mario Party 8 is tremendous. I love nostalgia jokes. I don't know why anyone would bother giving the game a negative review based on the 1 player experience; yeah, games SHOULD be judged on that, but this is a game that obviously gets it's worth from 3 people laughing heartily at another person getting so close to the star on the Delfino Island board, only for the Goomba pirate cannon to blast him to the beginning of the board.

Well I was right about him taking a shot at Tekken.

This guy is such a terrible writer. He just rambles on without saying much. He barely talks about how the Wii controls work or even why the gameplay is bad or outdated. The only thing he says is something about "P+P+K" combos, which is him trying to use hardcore fighting game fan slang and getting it wrong. What was with the Killer Instinct reference? It's amazing he has a job writing and is seen as an expert of the genre.

Might be getting my hands on a Wii (via a friends brother who works at Rogers Video) as early as next week. Cross yer fingas for me. :P

Argh! After the most recent re-syncing of Wiimotes to a friend's console, mine refuse to sync up at home. It's a pain in the ass and the two methods I was given to try and remedy this (change the batteries around or unplug the system) didn't help any.

A friend of mine who has Paper Mario left for the next 2.5 months and I'm borrowing the game for that time (should be receiving it shortly) but it won't do me much good if the wiimotes won't work.

I did a google search and have been informed there is a main sync button on the Wii console (which in retrospect, I knew because a friend used it on his the other day, but forgot). Hopefully this solves the problem.

Might be getting my hands on a Wii (via a friends brother who works at Rogers Video) as early as next week. Cross yer fingas for me. :P

Yup! That's a definite now! I'll have mine after work on Monday! Psyched!! I've already picked up Bust a Move and a few other games in anticipation! :D

Today's VC games:

Lode Runner (NES, 500 points)

Golden Axe II (Genesis, 800 points)

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis, 800 points)

Probably one of the worst VC weeks in quite some time, especially when you consider that the Sega games are available in half a dozen or more different compilations. And what in the world is Broderbund thinking by releasing Lode Runner into a marketplace where Battle Lode Runner already exists (for only 100 more points)?

Clearly Mario Party 8 is no Wii Sports, despite having infinitely more replay value, better presentation, and more variety.

Are you ever going to offer a rebuttal to this?