TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

I think the question on everyone's mind though:

Who will play the Big Show role in story mode this time? It can't get any more ridiculous than Steven Richards, who played it the first time through.

Throw me in the boat who would pay full price for that game.

Throw me out of the boat for getting really excited about a very wild rumour.

Would doing something like that even require that much work? Sure, you would have to scan all the new wrestlers' faces into the game but THQ obviously has all that on file. I'm sure you would have to put in a few new moves, but not many. I've always wondered how game like that are made - do they design the create-a-wrestler mode first, programming all the animations and creating textures, and then create all the wrestlers in the game using that mode? Because, you know, that would make everything easier.

Would doing something like that even require that much work? Sure, you would have to scan all the new wrestlers' faces into the game but THQ obviously has all that on file. I'm sure you would have to put in a few new moves, but not many. I've always wondered how game like that are made - do they design the create-a-wrestler mode first, programming all the animations and creating textures, and then create all the wrestlers in the game using that mode? Because, you know, that would make everything easier.

I think it would just be like making a whole bunch of CAWs and making them the actual roster. Then there's also those updates out there that add so much to the game.

Well.

First, Aki is presumably not involved in any way. It's possible Aki, THQ, whoever, farms out development with Aki's okay, but I'm working off the theory that Aki wants nothing to do with THQ. I'm not a law guy, anyway, I have no idea if THQ and their chosen developers could go and root around in Aki's code for profit without their okay.

Honestly, I wouldn't count on anything like new moves. I don't know how they'll handle themes and trons, if they do, and there's also the WWF scratch logo in-game and instances in the story mode which they would have to go in and change that.

It's probably a very basic surface level cleansing... improved graphics and sound if we're lucky, including theme and tron replacements, strategic texture hacking and replacement (logo, attire, show sets), fixing each guy's attributes and movesets to suit whoever they're being replaced with... all this is generous, in my mind. I wouldn't count on anything more than each departed guy getting a new look to match what's current using what's already in the game and maybe changing their attributes and movesets to match, fixing the logo, and leaving it at that. Though how would it be if they did all that and just switched off the locked attirubutes and moveset sections, so we could just go in and customize to our will.

It could also equal moar profits all around, but there's also the possibility of this actually cutting in to the profits on their vaunted and cutting edge SD vs Raw series, and they wouldn't want that.

There's enough graphics whore gamers I doubt it's a real concern.

However, graphics whore gamers probably either don't own a Wii, or own an actual next-gen console besides.

I dont know why they'd bother spending so much time/effort to poiish up a 7 year old wrestling game for a niche population of the Nintendo owners market who liked the original and still care enough about WWF to want an updated version.

I dont know why they'd bother spending so much time/effort to poiish up a 7 year old wrestling game for a niche population of the Nintendo owners market who liked the original and still care enough about WWF to want an updated version.

Since all the in-game wrestlers and CAW wrestlers looked virtually indistinguishable (and you could actually piece together a CAW that looked like a feasible pre-created one, unlike virtually every other game featuring a CAW except Fire Pro), you could make a lot of the WWE roster without doing much more than compressing scans of faces they already have on file and whipping up a few cheap new textures for outfits.

I wanna win the contest! I want to win the prize!!

wait.

I think this is neat and all, but it could be much more neat if we had more mii options and whatnot... ahem. This is pretty nifty, wish we could at LEAST have the ability to message someone for their creation, or give them props besides the 'I like it!!1omG!'

edit: I think this is cool, and yeah.. it's made me crank out a few miis. I entered the contest too =X

Posted up a Naruto: 1680-9217-1540

Rock Lee: 2374-4084-1636

Guy: 7045-2980-6808

Conan O'Brian: 4567-4395-6076

Steven Colbert: 3900-8147-0210

Mr. Kennedy: 0560-4346-5447

and Mario: 7577-2084-1462

I need to stop looking at everyone's miis on here, some folks are WAY too good at using the mii facial features!

It might just be that I'm used to playing the SNES version of Mario 3, but are all the colours really dull and weird on your VC download?

Apparently, if you buy Mario Galaxy on the day it comes out at TRU, you get a $25 gift card. No idea if it works for preorders or not.

So if I combine that with TRU's buy 2 get 1 sale that they do every fall, I can get 4 games for $125..awesome.

You better be in line at your TRU by 6 am if you want to get in on the deal. The concept of a brand new hyped up game for $50 + $25 GC will entice all the damn soccer moms to stand in line. Plus, theres a $10 GC offer if you spend $75. The giftcards expire on 12/31 though but if you want in on the b2g1f deal that should work.

Sounds like fun Marvin's 2nd annual "get in line at 6 am for something from Nintendo spectacular (6 days early)"!

Or you can reserve the game at TRU, and mosey on in whenever.

The giftcards are "while supplies last/limited quantities" however. So if you wait, you more than likely wont be getting a $25 giftcard which totally makes no sense if you've already preordered there anyway.

I pre-ordered my copy of Galaxy at GameStop, as the closest TRU is too far from my house.

...and tonight I got an automated call from Charles Martinet...who almost immediately did 90 percent if not more of the call as Mario.

I can't wait to see Charles Martinet in his bumblebee suit. That call was CREEPY.

Also, next month, the Photo Channel is getting updated. They're dropping mp3 support and adding AAC support. This will later be enforced by a firmware update. This is most likely happening because Nintendo doesn't wanna pay the licensing fees for mp3, and AAC is an open standard.

Super Mario Galaxy is like distilled happiness. The controls are spot on, the music (a combination of original orchestral pieces and updated Mario classics) is breathtaking, the visuals are arguably the best to be seen on the Wii, and the whole title just radiates this infectious, irresistible sense of joy.

I got my TRU pre-order today, with the coin and the $25 gift card. You just can't beat that deal if you ask me. I'm just about to finally start playing it, and I feel just like I did back in the day when I first started playing video games. When a game can still give me that same feeling, then you know something is just right about the entire thing. :)