TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

the only reviews Ive seen for No More Heroes have been of the Japanese Imports..so who knows but its generally all getting the 4/5, 90% like range

And despite the good reviews, its just sitting on the shelves in the land of the Rising Sun.

Yesterday I bought:

NiGHTS - I've only done the training mission, but it's pretty crappy with the Wiimote. But I used the classic controller and now it's pretty good. I can live with that.

Ghost Squad - Good arcade fun, I'm glad it was only 30 quid.

Zack and Wiki - Pure awesomeness. This game is one of (if not the best) games of the Wii.

Most of Sega's stuff for the SMS was total crap. That said, we'll get Phantasy Star, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, the Wonder Boy that isn't Adventure Island, and...well, I can't think of much else that was very good that is likely to show up on the VC (Sega did publish some good stuff like Double Dragon and Choplifter for the SMS but surely they don't own rights to those anymore). I'm sure we'll also get the crappy SMS version of Space Harrier (as opposed to the awesome 32X version which makes me wish they would add 32X support to the VC, as limited as the game selection would be).

Oh, well I just clicked the link and the first two games will be Fantasy Zone and Fist of the North Star, or as it was known in America, Black Belt. Not off to a good start, are we?

It also says they'll have Game Gear games. Too bad there were no good Game Gear games OH SHIT DOGGY THAT WAS A DIS.

And the first Neo Geo selection were just so darn good, weren't they?

Master System games well worth checking out (besides the ones mentioned above): Golden Axe Warrior (good Zelda clone), Zillion (good Metroid clone), Master of Darkness (good Castlevania clone--hm, a trend here), the original Shinobi (not really my bag, I liked the later ones, but people seem to dig it), and Psycho Fox. There's also Ys, but that's more of a TG16 series. However, Ys 1 and 2 are coming to DS in a remake compilation anyway.

Game Gear being included is a natural, since they're almost the exact same hardware. It has a few titles itself worth a look --Defenders of Oasis, the Shining Force games, the Sonic games that weren't Sonic 2 GG (I hate that game), and both Shinobis (which are each totally different than the SMS one).

I don't think the licensing issues would be that hard. Ninja Gaiden on SMS is a good *original* game, that might make it out because NG NES did. Double Dragon was like a Technos/Sega thing, so it's probably far from impossible, just probably kind of pointless since NES was more popular a version.

Summaries of some of the titles I mentioned along with yours

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/09/gam...ter-system.html

So has anyone else's Wii crapped out on them? Everytime I put a game in, there's an error coming out. Before it was just the disc needed to be cleaned or whatever now it's just a flat out error every time. Good thing I got the warranty but this sucks.

I haven't had any issues reading discs, but I am going to have to send mine into Nintendo for repair, as it's artifacting like crazy whenever I play a game that leans heavily on the GPU.

Most people are speculating that the WiiConnect24 can fry your system in standby mode by constantly pinging for weather and news updates when the fan isn't running. Having recently picked up my console to get the serial number for registration last night, I can see where this theory comes from; the console was very warm, probably even warmer than it was during gameplay, and it had been sitting in standby for a solid week without any activity.

I never encountered any problems when I played through VC games, but Super Mario Galaxy and (especially) Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition both brought up a number of distorted vertical draw lines, about two inches in length, through the middle of the screen during gameplay and cutscenes. Considering Nintendo's previously stellar track record with console reliability, I'm a little disappointed.

That theory is one of the reasons I never use the WiiConnect24 thing. There's no real need for it anyway as I have a television for news and weather updates... and if there's a system update, well I'll just download that at my own pace. :P

Ah, that makes sense. So no more internet on the Wii.

Considering Nintendo's previously stellar track record with console reliability, I'm a little disappointed.

Agreed.

Yeah, I'd wager that browsing for hours on end could take the same toll. That said, browsing on the Wii is a neat concept, but the novelty wears thin pretty quickly.

Most of Sega's stuff for the SMS was total crap. That said, we'll get Phantasy Star, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, the Wonder Boy that isn't Adventure Island, and...well, I can't think of much else that was very good that is likely to show up on the VC

Asterix.

And I've had zero problems with my Wii so far and I've had mine since day one.

Looking at another country's forecast is more appealing than you'd think.

True, but if I can't even get a 5 day forecast for Tokyo, and only today's, then what's the point?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/848/848539p1.html

Fatal Frame Wii Revealed

Nintendo working with No More Heroes director.

by Anoop Gantayat

January 30, 2008 - Following Monster Hunter, the next series to make the big platform switch for the new generation is Tecmo's spooky Fatal Frame series. Tecmo held a press conference in Tokyo today to announce its upcoming lineup, and the biggest news was first details on the Wii version of Fatal Frame.

Titled in Japan "Rei: Tsukihami no Kamen," the new Fatal Frame game is a major collaborative effort for Tecmo. Nintendo will publish the game and is also lending its support on the development end. Key staff members include Keisuke Kikuchi as producer and Makoto Shibata as director, both veterans of the series. But joining Shibata in the director's cubicle is Grasshopper Manufacturer's Goichi Suda (aka Suda 51), who recently completed work on No More Heroes.

Although a two minute CG trailer was shown at the press conference, Tecmo kept the specifics to itself. Kikuchi did reveal that the key words for the game are "memory" and "moon," and "mask," and that the image color for the game is yellow. He also stated that he believes the Wiimote and the horror genre to be a perfect fit.

Nintendo exec Shinji Hatano was in attendance at the event and said "Nintendo will be handling sales, and we intend to actively promote [the game]." Hatano also confirmed a planned Japanese release for some time this Summer.

Hmm..

Funny I should ask this question now after reading the last few posts in this thread, but I will ask anyway....

So I have my Wii on 24/7 and every so often the disc tray starts glowing blue......WHY? Is it telling me there is a news update or something!?!

Or there is an update.

A new Fatal Frame game would be awesome.

...That is Project Zero right?

Funny I should ask this question now after reading the last few posts in this thread, but I will ask anyway....

So I have my Wii on 24/7 and every so often the disc tray starts glowing blue......WHY? Is it telling me there is a news update or something!?!

You havw 24 hours to answer the blue glow or your Wii explodes..true story.

When does Mario Kart come out? I went to a Gamecrazy last night and was told the game was coming out in three weeks, but I looked on Gamefaqs list of release dates and didn't see on there. So when is it coming out?

I'm still waiting for Super Mario RPG to be released on the VC. Glad they released Wonder Boy in Monster World though... used to have that game (and beat it) way back in the Genesis days, brings back some awesome memories.

Does anyone find it worrisome that there's only a little bit of vague information about Mario Kart? For a first party game featuring first party mascots, there's literally zero hype (especially compared to that other game). Considering the popularity of Mario Kart, you'd think that we'd know if the game comes out in six weeks. My first instinct is that there's no real release date and that the Gamestop database just generated a random date. Maybe we'll hear more about it after Smash Bros. comes out. I'm still surprised they'd release two of their most popular multiplayer games within a month of each other. It's just weird.