TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

NES-style graphics? That's a surprising choice. I would have expected something that at least looked like Mega Man 8 but I'm sure it will be a fun game. Wii Ware is a strange platform for it. I figured MM9 would show up on DS and/or PSP. Capcom's really limiting their potential profits on this one.

Capcom's really limiting their potential profits on this one.

Not if they figure that the game is a niche title anyway (ding!) and, as a result, that it's not worth the heartache trying to broker deals with all of the major software retailers when they can get a comparable cut off of Nintendo's digital distribution model (once packaging costs are cut out of the picture).

Oh brutal. It's 3D fighting too. I'd be interested in seeing a 2D take on a CV Fighter.. making it similar to Guilty Gear.. but 3D.. that screenshot leaves a bad taste in my.. uh, eyes.. ? ;)

First, upgrade your router to the latest firmware. It looks like there are, at least, three different versions of the MR814 (denoted by MR814, MR814v2, MR814v3). There may be more than three at this point, but I think you know how to find the right version. Find out which one you have by looking at the bottom of the router itself. Then go to netgear.com and download the latest firmware if you need to. I know you said you don't know how to find out your firmware version, but I forget what the UI of the Netgear router setup looks like. Usually it's under somethnig like "Admin Settings' or something like that. If you don't have the latest firmware, update update update.

I figured out that it was the MR814v1. I updated the firmware and saw an immediate improvement in my internet speed on this computer.

Then, try disabling the router's SPI Firewall. This is apparently the thing that breaks compatibility with the Wii.

This, unfortunately, is a no-go. In v2 and v3, you can disable the firewall, but in v1, it's built into the wireless system and can't be disabled.

You may also want to try setting up the Wii to connect via a static IP (Portforward.com will help with that), and setting your router to DMZ that Static IP.

Tried that. I keep getting either a 32002 error or a 32004 error. The connection test works perfectly, but I can't download the damn update.

If that doesn't work, buy a Linksys.

I'd prefer not to, but it's not looking like I have much alternative if I want to use this Wii Card I bought before I figured out if I could connect the Wii to the internet. :angry:

First, upgrade your router to the latest firmware. It looks like there are, at least, three different versions of the MR814 (denoted by MR814, MR814v2, MR814v3). There may be more than three at this point, but I think you know how to find the right version. Find out which one you have by looking at the bottom of the router itself. Then go to netgear.com and download the latest firmware if you need to. I know you said you don't know how to find out your firmware version, but I forget what the UI of the Netgear router setup looks like. Usually it's under somethnig like "Admin Settings' or something like that. If you don't have the latest firmware, update update update.

I figured out that it was the MR814v1. I updated the firmware and saw an immediate improvement in my internet speed on this computer.

Then, try disabling the router's SPI Firewall. This is apparently the thing that breaks compatibility with the Wii.

This, unfortunately, is a no-go. In v2 and v3, you can disable the firewall, but in v1, it's built into the wireless system and can't be disabled.

You may also want to try setting up the Wii to connect via a static IP (Portforward.com will help with that), and setting your router to DMZ that Static IP.

Tried that. I keep getting either a 32002 error or a 32004 error. The connection test works perfectly, but I can't download the damn update.

I'd prefer not to, but it's not looking like I have much alternative if I want to use this Wii Card I bought before I figured out if I could connect the Wii to the internet. :angry:

My understanding is that if you cannot disable the SPI Firewall, you are completely fucked.

I am honestly really psyched about the new Mega Man. I am also psyched that it's using NES style graphics. I have no doubt that there'll be "this-gen" tweaks to the graphics, but I love that they're blueprinted with the 8-bit version as that was always my favourite era in the series (with Mega Man 2 being my all-time fave).

If all else fails...Hammer. Or just call Nintendo. It may take a bit to reach someone but when you do, they'll help you out as much as possible.

If all else fails...Hammer. Or just call Nintendo. It may take a bit to reach someone but when you do, they'll help you out as much as possible.

Nintendo's tech support is clueless. The asked me to forward all of the ports on my router to the Wii. That's fucking pathetic.

Is the Final Fantasy game due out next month supposed to be any good?

Do you mean Chocobo's Dungeon? That's just an FF spinoff, but IGN gave in an 8.4.

alright, is anybody else about done with trying to connect to other people in Mario Kart Wii? For about a week now I get the damn message 86420. I used to be able to play without a hitch... what the hell changed?

I went to support.nintendo.com and did all the troubleshooting for this message. The wii's IP is now my DMZ, I changed router channels, I am out of ideas here... ah, and the best part: I filled out one of those online order things. I get an immediate reply from NOA saying they want to call me for more details on this issue. I mention that I just moved to Mexico, and they wanna redirect me to the nearest call center... which is in Panama. I live 2 hours from Texas!

...anyway, that 86420. Kill me, has anyone seen or gotten rid of this one?

Nintendo's tech support is clueless. The asked me to forward all of the ports on my router to the Wii. That's fucking pathetic.

Well then....HAMMER!

Saw you on there today, so I guess you've got it worked out.

What was the problem?

I have no idea but suddenly I can play :). Youre good man! You can tell I have absolutely no time with the damn game, but boy do I enjoy it.

Saw you on there today, so I guess you've got it worked out.

What was the problem?

I have no idea but suddenly I can play :). Youre good man! You can tell I have absolutely no time with the damn game, but boy do I enjoy it.

The 86420 error, IIRC, is actually an error on Nintendo's end.

That is so rad! I hope the awesomeness I just saw doesn't set me up for a huge letdown.

I hate MM9 looking like a NES game. The NES mostly sucked, I have no nostalgic feelings for it. It doesn't even make sense. Are we supposed to forget about 7 and 8? An old school themed game with high quality modern 2D animation would be much cooler than this. This is a waste.