TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

I had 1 of my townspeople tell me "it is s-so freaking c-cold" the other day. I'm not 1 to care about language, but I'm surprised "freaking" made it into the game in that context.

Should have used "s-so yiffing c-cold". :P

Other than Mario, LoZ, and Smash Brothers, can you guys name any other games that are worth getting on the Wii? I just got one and I have MLB Baseball 2K8 and I don't like it.

Also, what accessories are worth buying? I'm definitely getting component cables.

Other than Mario, LoZ, and Smash Brothers, can you guys name any other games that are worth getting on the Wii? I just got one and I have MLB Baseball 2K8 and I don't like it.

Also, what accessories are worth buying? I'm definitely getting component cables.

No More Heroes

A recharge stand, most definitely. It pays for itself after a few months. Also, maybe some of those Nerf armor sleeves for the controllers; they're thicker than the standard ones so they should be able to better protect against abuse.

Other than that, a lot of the stuff is just extraneous crap that really isn't worth the money. That's what I tell most people I sell them to, anyway.

Endless Ocean is one of the few "non-games" I'd recommend. Good for just unwinding with (it's an underwater exploration game. Some missions involve just touring, others getting photographs, etc).

2nding for No More Heroes. The emptiness of its open world aspect drag it down a few points, but it's still damn fun and hilarious.

If you don't own a PS2 and Okami already, buy that right freakin' now.

-Paper Mario was fun

-Mario Kart got so-so reviews, but I enjoyed it

-Guitar Hero (if you don't already have them for other systems, obviously)

-Lego Star Wars

You should probably also get yourself some points cards.

You should take it back and get MLB Power Pros, the best baseball game available. Everybody else has mentioned everything I would have, but I got Boom Blox for Christmas and had an insanely fun time playing it in one player and with my friends last night. You might can find it for around $30. My Blockbuster had a new copy for $27.99.

I opened MLB already and I just can't pitch and hit in that game. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to invest a lot in point cards because even though I got it for Christmas, it seems like my family is interested in it. My mom raised me on the NES and I think we'd be interested in the Virtual Console stuff.

I'll probably stick with first party games and the games you guys listed. Thanks again.

I am also the surprise new co-owner of a Wii. (And the software sales-padding monstrosity known as Wii Play.) It may very well end up being a glorified Wii Bowling machine, much like my DS is a glorified Sudoku machine. But it's cool to have.

I'm gonna try to find No More Heroes for $10 if I can. I might have a few options there. And there's Boxing Day sales for Super Mario Galaxy at $30, which I may take advantage of.

If I can get Rayman Raving Rabbids for about $10, I'll do that too. (The Rabbids' wailing just cracks me up.)

I'd like to get the Trauma Center games. Unfortunately, I missed Amazon.ca's $15 sale on the second one.

Resident Evil 4 seems to be best on the Wii, so I'd might as well get that. I had it once for $10, but used it as trade fodder.

Zack & Wiki might be worth a look. I seem to have missed a $10 sale on that too.

A maybe for Super Paper Mario, since I liked the previous RPG games.

I saw Metroid Prime 3 for $20 used recently, but if I got that, I'd feel obligated to go through the first two, and I'd never get that done.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is also kicking around for $30, but I've never traditionally been an SSB fan. Maybe online play would change that, but I doubt it.

I played Boom Blox very briefly, but I don't think it'd be worthwhile to buy, unless I can find it for $20 again.

I'd forgotten about Okami. But I don't know that 480p/16:9 and maybe a bit of a graphical improvement are worth twice the price and possibly some control issues. Especially since the Wii is on the SDTV upstairs.

I'm not a big fan of Nintendo's philosophy re: the Virtual Console, or online in general, so I don't know if I'll even bother getting a Wii Points card.

If you like old school arcade rail-gun shooters, get a Nyko Perfect Shot (gun casing for the Wii) and get Ghost Squad and House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return (2 games in 1). For just 10 bucks you should be able to find Target Terror, which is actually sorta horrible, but if you can find it cheap, it's not that bad for a shooter.

Get the Wii Zapper because it comes with Link's Crossbow Training, which is actually sorta fun.

Other games to get:

Bully

Geometry Wars Galaxies

Trauma Center 1 & 2

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (which is another rail shooter)

Guilty Gear XX

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3

No More Heroes

Call of Duty World at War

Paper Mario

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 3

Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Batman

Mario Kart (comes with one Wii Wheel)

Smash Bros.

Okami

Red Steel (it's not tha bad and you can find it for dirt cheap these days)

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World (not too many RPGs so take what you can get)

Zack & Wiki (horribly underrated game, a lot of fun and quite challenging at a cheap price)

Rock Band or Guitar Hero games

oh and don't forget to grab a classic controller hook up as well.

A maybe for Super Paper Mario, since I liked the previous RPG games.

I'd rent, honestly.

The highs are really cool and damn funny, but the lows are reeeeally low. The platforming sucks, honestly. It's incredibly basic and most of it is just jumping in the right place in 3d mode. It isn't like SOTN which meshes the action and RPG elements together really well. It got to the point where I played it just for the sake of finishing the game.

Bully

I haven't played the Wii edition, but honestly this is a great game. This is from someone who has hated every GTA out since forever.

Yeah I had a lot of fun with Bully...certainly a fun departure from the typical steal vehicles, blow up and kill everything in sight sandbox game. It's incredibly deep too, tons to do.

Here's the supposed list of Japanese VC releases for next month:

Famicom:

* Tantei Jinguji Saburo Kikena Faturi (January 6th)

* Getsufuu Maden

* Zoids: Mokushiroku

Nintendo 64:

* Super Smash Bros.

Sega Master System:

* Fantasy Zone II

Sega Mega Drive:

* Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair (January 6th)

PC Engine:

* Rastan Saga II (January 6th)

* Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu II (CD)

* Spriggan Mark 2 (CD)

* Champion Wrestler

Does anyone know how Champion Wrestler is?

Bully would be a maybe for me too, since I've already got the PS2 version. I really liked it, though I never finished it. There's also the 360 version, which I saw for $20 new today, but I've read that the port for that kinda sucks.

It got patched, so there may not be much in the way of issues. I'm not sure.

I wouldn't recommend Bully for kids, but rather because it would hit too close to home. It's a world more easily enjoyed long after you've graduated from high school. Still, content-wise it's very tame.

]Does anyone know how Champion Wrestler is?

Button-mashy. More or less the same sort as the Acclaim WWF games.

Don't bother with NiGHTS. The voice acting is crap, the motion controls don't work, it's fun with the classic controller but overall it's a big pile of no.

Use your money on Zack and Wiki.

Did it get released in America? I couldn't find any evidence after I posted the list.

Did it get released in America? I couldn't find any evidence after I posted the list.

No US release that I know of, and it isn't on GameFAQs for a US release.

I really should return & finish Zack & Wiki. I really got far into it fast, then never went back to it. Not in a hegative way, more I moved on and the mood didn't suit. I wan't to buy some more games but I want to finish at least some of the ones I own. I haven't even taken the plastic off Okami.

I got Super Mario Galaxy for Christmas last year and I'm more than halfway through the game but I keep telling myself that I'm not allowed to buy any more long adventure games until I finish it. Luckily this means I'll be able to get Nights for 20 bucks, rather than the 50 it was when I was first interested in it.