TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Well, I got the Wii for Christmas, even though it seems that I'll have wait in order to get any of the actual Wii games.

However, I have downloaded the following old school NES games from the Wii Shopping Channel.

Balloon Fight

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong, Jr.

Donkey Kong 3

Donkey Kong, Jr. Math

Punch Out (w/Mr. Dream)

Pinball

Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario Bros.:The Lost Levels!

Super Mario World

Sim City

Yeah, I enjoy the retro games via the Wii store a lot. I have Super Mario Bros., Blades of Steel, and Punch Out! myself. Also downloaded Bomberman Online (meh) and Tetris Party (I think that's what it's called...it's very good anyway).

I'm really liking Guitar Hero: World Tour on Wii...it's actually my first time ever playing any of these music games. Does anyone know if there is an add on guitar controller available that has the slider like the one that comes with the game? I'd love to get a second one to play two player in house.

Well, I was really looking forwards to downloading Castlevania III today, but for some reason, I keep getting error codes when it comes to the Wii Shop. I can't even run a successful connection test or anything like that. Strangely enough, the last time I downloaded a game, it worked fine. My 360 isn't having a problem connecting online.

Edit: Nevermind. I reset my router, and the connection settings on my Wii,and now everything is fine.

I was actually looking through the online store today, since I received a Wii points card for Christmas, and boy, they could stand to add some new stuff on there, IMHO.

I was actually looking through the online store today, since I received a Wii points card for Christmas, and boy, they could stand to add some new stuff on there, IMHO.

Agreed a million times over.

They're current policy of adding 1 library title and 2 WiiWare titles instead of randomizing what 2-3 types of games are put up is quite frustrating. Microsoft is currently annoying me with the same thing (1 specific XBLA game or library title and then "Community Games" that use NXE avatars).

Balloon Fight

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong, Jr.

Donkey Kong 3

Donkey Kong, Jr. Math

Punch Out (w/Mr. Dream)

Pinball

Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario Bros.:The Lost Levels!

Super Mario World

Sim City

<--------*starts boasting again*

Well, giving that I've downloaded all that I want from the Wii store, the only games I'd like to see added to their NES wing is "Popeye" and "Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular", because Popeye has always been an all-time favorite for me, and the Snoopy game has always held a special place in my heart.

Just wondering, did anyone on here actually play Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law on Wii? I was just wondering if it was any good.

I heard it was pretty short and disappointing considering they're missing a bunch of the actual character voices that Colbert did for the show. I'd still like to play it myself, though.

I would like to try it, even without Colbert (which is a massive shame). But I doubt it will even get a PAL release.

I'm tempted to throw money away on "Sonic Chaos" as I had no idea these Master System games existed, but I figure my next 500 Wii points is going toward Castlevania III. Might as well get a good game, ya know.

Aren't the Master System Sonic games the same thing as the game gear games?

As far as I can tell, they are the same.

Guest Smues

Then I certainly recommend NOT springing for them on the VC. They were decent for the hand held game gear, but on full screen I didn't find any of them enjoyable at all. And you can get them in various other Sonic collections anyway.

I cant wait for Mad World on March 10th.

You and me both dude. That and House of The Dead: Overkill.

Is there by any chance a way to send a request to the people who run the Wii Shooping Center network to add more games to the categories, such as NES? I'd like for them to add some more retro games to the network, such as Popeye & Snoopy for NES.

Is there by any chance a way to send a request to the people who run the Wii Shooping Center network to add more games to the categories, such as NES? I'd like for them to add some more retro games to the network, such as Popeye & Snoopy for NES.

Well, as retro games go, today, Nintendo of America gave away an obvious hint that Commodore 64 games are coming the US Virtual Console.

Well, for the NES section of the Wii store, they have just about all the best retro games to download. I think they could complete their vast array of selections for NES if they only added the Popeye game.

Guest Smues

Well, as retro games go, today, Nintendo of America gave away an obvious hint that Commodore 64 games are coming the US Virtual Console.

So obvious that it went completely over my head, so I'm glad you translated it for me. C64 on VC hmm, could be decent.

I hate to burst your bubble, Todd (because I can tell you realllly want the Popeye and Snoopy games) but license issues with copyrighted characters seem to either be a hurdle or a deterrent for publishers. The only NES game with such characters available, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, is also the only US NES game that costs 600 points. So what I'm saying is that while it may be possible, the chances are very slim.

By the way, I remember playing the Popeye game as a child. A gas station near my granddad's house had the arcade game, too. So I share your affinity.

So obvious that it went completely over my head, so I'm glad you translated it for me. C64 on VC hmm, could be decent.

Explanation, please.

And I hate to agree with JN News on things, but WiiWare bringing down VC's 2 a week update (which was already down from the old 3 a week update) is really annoying.

I hate to burst your bubble, Todd (because I can tell you realllly want the Popeye and Snoopy games) but license issues with copyrighted characters seem to either be a hurdle or a deterrent for publishers. The only NES game with such characters available, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, is also the only US NES game that costs 600 points. So what I'm saying is that while it may be possible, the chances are very slim.

By the way, I remember playing the Popeye game as a child. A gas station near my granddad's house had the arcade game, too. So I share your affinity.

That's a good point. But, I still think that if they could get those issues settled long enough to add a game like Popeye to the Wii store long enough for me to get a hold of it, it would definately make my collection complete. (for all the retro NES games I have left, at least)

I really enjoy playing NES game series like Donkey Kong & Super Mario Bros. But, not as much as games like Pinball & Mario Bros. Pinball happens to be one of those few games in which the sole playing purpose is to gain a shitload of points while you play, and beat your highest score.

As for Mario Bros., I'd have a really tough time trying to find a second player to play Luigi as I play Mario. That's the one thing that makes the original Mario Bros. game so great, getting to see both Mario & Luigi in action.

Well, the people at Kotaku made it seem easy.

I don't mind rail shooters...I do want to get the new House of the Dead...but I ain't paying $49.99 for them. I picked up Ghost Squad for 19.99 and House of the Dead 2/3 for 14.99...wouldn't pay a penny more for either.

On the rails shooters are awesome. I'm glad it's on the rails.

Regarding House of the Dead: Overkill, here's my review.

I've been psyched about this game for a while now. I love on the rail shooters and I particually love HOTD. But this game felt like it was lacking something.

To start with, don't believe the hype over "best graphics on the Wii". It's a lie. Sure, the actual shooting parts are really good, but the cut scenes are beyond bad. It's embarassing at times. But this doesn't hinder the gameplay, which is the most important thing.

The gameplay itself is good, if a little standard. Not that it's very long of course. It'll take about 2 hours to clear all 7 levels and then you unlock "Director's Cut Mode" which is the same game again, only a little harder and with more disturbing cut scenes. And for a game that is centered around "getting high scores", the game is pretty unforgiving. It might just be me being not very good at games, but I died at least once per level. And when your score gets halfed everytime you die, it's really annoying. Oh, that's the other thing. You can die, die and die and you can still carry on playing. Which actually takes a lot of the skill out of the game for those who just want to finish and see the story.

The story itself is okay. As with most HOTD games, it doesn't really matter. It's sick and disturbing and quite funny in places. Made to look like a bad horror film, the game doesn't take itself seriously.

The acting is shoddy, but it's meant to be. The dialogue is awful, but it's meant to be. It kind of reeks of, "we've made a bad game here, let's just make it look like we did it on purpose." I know that they are meant to be bad, but as I said earlier, it's just embarassing at times. That said, the "trailers" are awesome. The game needed more trailers, less shitty cut scenes.

There is no need for the amount of swearing in this game. It's so unneeded.

Fuck, the ending is fucked up.

But I enjoyed it. Just not as much as I hoped I would. Maybe I was expecting better, I'm not sure. But I'm going to play through Director's Cut mode and hopefully the 2nd run through will be much better.

Since I didn't see it mentioned, and despite the fact that I may be one of the few people who actually enjoyed both versions of the original:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_%26_Son...ic_Winter_Games

Yeah, I liked the first Mario & Sonic Olympics game. Sure the running on the Wii version wore out my arms, but it was still fun to me.