TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Official Nintendo Magazine said it was good, but buggy and annoying.

Much like the 360 orginal. I'd say rent it.

RE: Mario and Sonic and the Winter Olympics, ONM have a great article and first play. It sounds good and there should be balance board action~!

Me too, it's such a great idea for a game and should be really fun. But it just doesn't work.

I only played the demo of Dead Rising on 360 and I found the giant swarm of enemies to be annoying, so the Wii's technical limitations could make this a better game, at least in my view. I enjoyed RE4 on Wii and this uses the same engine. Really, DR appeals to me as an action game set in a mall because I wanted to see one of those for years before Capcom actually made one. They took out photography, which would have been perfect for the Wii controller but taking pictures in games isn't any fun so whatever.

Damn, I'd been eyeing that for a while.. didn't realize the release date had already happened! Will definitely have to pick it up if I can find it. Amazon.ca has it for $29 (not in stock though).

RE: Mario and Sonic and the Winter Olympics, ONM have a great article and first play. It sounds good and there should be balance board action~!

With skiing and possibly snowboarding in the game, it'd make sense to have balance board capabilities for Mario & Sonic: Winter Olympics.

What other events would they have for such a game though, I wonder...

Another quick couple of zombie game questions: Onechanbara...has any one here played that one (the Wii version)? if so, thoughts?

ONM said that what they played was fun. I'll be picking it up because it'll only be like 30 quid.

I only played the demo of Dead Rising on 360 and I found the giant swarm of enemies to be annoying

...but...that's the whole reason for the game!

There are various problems with the game (not even stuff it does intentionally like the timer and save system), like the ally AI, but changing the amount of zombies in-game makes it a totally different game. Crowd control is a major part of what makes it fun, intense, and unique.

I only played the demo of Dead Rising on 360 and I found the giant swarm of enemies to be annoying

...but...that's the whole reason for the game!

There are various problems with the game (not even stuff it does intentionally like the timer and save system), like the ally AI, but changing the amount of zombies in-game makes it a totally different game. Crowd control is a major part of what makes it fun, intense, and unique.

Agreed. My main problem with Dead Rising was that it was so infuritating to play and it hurt the fun of the game. Rescuing people was a nightmare, the "escaped convicts in a jeep with a mini gun" was the worst thing in the world and the "nightime zombies" didn't help matters. They tried to fit too much into the game and it suffered for it.

Following in the footsteps of Disaster: Day of Crisis, Sadness is still coming to the Wii:

From ONM:

Sadness was announced for Wii back in April 2006 but we've heard very little about this psychological horror game for nearly two years. Until now...

It's still in production and Nibris - the developer and publisher of Sadness - has told us a bit more about the game's engine which they say is "the most powerful engine available for Wii."

Sadness is the first Wii game to be presented in black & white which will no doubt add to the atmosphere of this crime-noir adventure set prior to the outbreak of World War I. For this unique, atmospheric adult-themed game, Nibris needed something special and Tomasz Wisniowski, Project Manager of Nibris, reckons he's found it with Gamebryo: "We will have quite a few graphical effects in our game, which some believe are impossible to attain on the Wii. Gamebryo helped make it possible. We are firmly convinced we made the right choice."

Advertisement:

There are few games for Wii aimed at adults but Sadness, an adventure with eight different extreme endings, will be one of them. During the game, players will need to need to confront their greatest fears and protect themselves in hope of not getting trapped inside the main character's nightmare. You'll control your characters hands with the Remote and Nunchuk.

So, seeing as it's been in development for such a long time, should we expect something special from Sadness? Well, Geoffrey Selzer, CEO of Emergent (the producers of the Gamebryo engine) says the new horror game "is designed to push the bounds of Wii technically and creatively."

screenshot_8392.jpg

screenshot_8395.jpg

screenshot_8394.jpg

Thoughts?

Some new retro titles added to my Wii collection from the Wii store.

Balloon Fight

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong, Jr.

Donkey Kong 3

Donkey Kong, Jr. Math

Punch Out (w/Mr. Dream)

Pinball

Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario Bros.:The Lost Levels!

Super Mario World

Sim City

The Legend of Zelda

Pac-Man

Ice Climber

Yoshi's Cookie (NES version)

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/26/rumor-cl...ke-for-wii-psp/

Rumor: Climax developing Silent Hill remake for Wii, PSP

by David Hinkle { Feb 26th 2009 at 10:24AM } Wii

Our good friends at the rumor mill are at it again, this time churning out a most delicious prospect: a Silent Hill remake for the Wii and PSP. Supposedly under development at Climax, a report suggests that the return trip to Silent Hill is one of two Konami projects at the studio, the other being (according to job listings) a "ground breaking next-gen game for the PS3 and the Xbox 360."

We've asked Konami and Climax for comment and we'll be sure to update you as soon as we receive a response.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/26/rumor-cl...ke-for-wii-psp/

Rumor: Climax developing Silent Hill remake for Wii, PSP

This is actually a New-Old rumor, btw

Prior to the release of the 2006 Silent Hill film there was speculation that Konami was planning to release a remake of the first Silent Hill game with the film's protagonist Rose Da Silva in place of the original title's Harry Mason. This speculation was fueled by an interview with the film's director Christophe Gans and a leaked list of Konami release dates which included a "Silent Hill: Original Sin" for the PlayStation Portable.[15][16] Origins producer William Oretel later confirmed that the idea of a remake of the first game had been considered by Konami, but rejected.

Ffom one rumored survival horror remake to another...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/08/rumor-ca...-make-march-12/

Keep in mind, the quote from the Capcom dude didn't necessarily say it would be a remake. It could be a sequel. Or it could be a cheap port like they did with RE1 and RE0 in Japan. Hopefully not. Since I've never played Code Veronica, I wouldn't mind a remake, but I'd rather have something new, OK?

So I think I'm gonna risk it and scoop up MadWorld this week. I have a few games I'm going to trade in, so I shouldn't be spending TOO much money on it.

So I think I'm gonna risk it and scoop up MadWorld this week. I have a few games I'm going to trade in, so I shouldn't be spending TOO much money on it.

From what I've seen, it looks to be pretty fun, but has the potential to get repetitive after a while. I guess that could be said about any type of beat em up type of game though...