TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Why don't they just update Resident Evil Survivor?

Because if there's anything that the Wii needs, it's PS1 ports of games nobody liked anyway.

Hence I said update, not port.

Sounds you meant a "remake."

BTW, did anyone see South Park this week?

Because if so, I just want to say...today I learned there's a Grey's Anatomy game for the Wii.

Yeah. I guess that figures. It's the Wii.

I came across a review for it on IGN and thought, "WTF" - of course it's a bad Trauma Center rip off. Casual gamers or not though I'd be surprised if there even was a market for a Grey's Anatomy game.. I mean, seriously, not even my girlfriend would fall for that and she watches the show religiously.

Andrew "Troll" S....amirite?

Boo hoo, so you didn't find it as amusing as I did. Too bad.

Is that the best you can do, Lush? Come up with something a bit wittier. :P Plus, I didn't say anything about the newest lightgun game spinoff to be dumped on Wii, since there's nothing to say--just that I don't get why anyone would want Survivor 1 to play now. I didn't say anything about the recent Madworld controversy, where parent groups had meltdowns after learning that sometimes, occasionally, the Wii can play real video games! I didn't bust on the recent Miyamoto interview where he smugly declares how he'd rather make the type of games coming out on the Wii rather than more 'traditional' projects. It's other people and companies that are making the jokes. I'm just laughing at them. You should too.

The Wii has a Grey's Anatomy video game! Come on! I found the existence of a Dirty Dancing game just as amusing, but even more disappointing.

I came across a review for it on IGN and thought, "WTF" - of course it's a bad Trauma Center rip off. Casual gamers or not though I'd be surprised if there even was a market for a Grey's Anatomy game.. I mean, seriously, not even my girlfriend would fall for that and she watches the show religiously.

Thank you! :P

Resident Evil: Survivor was awesomely bad because it was not only a bad light gun game, but it didn't use the light gun! The controls were awful, the voice acting and dialog were bad even by Resident Evil standards, and the plot was stupid. I'm Vincent! No wait I'm not! Am I? And did I mention it was supposed to use the light gun but didn't? I rented it two times, the second just to see if it was as bad as I first thought. A Wii port would actually be playable because of the Wiimote as gun, so fuck that let it stay as an awful awful only PS1 game. The sequel for the PS2 on the other hand was quite decent.

North Americans never actually got Survivor 2, but that's good to know.

I didn't bust on the recent Miyamoto interview where he smugly declares how he'd rather make the type of games coming out on the Wii rather than more 'traditional' projects.

So because he's designing games that sell millions instead of his Gamecube games which sold hundreds of thousands in his home country, that makes him arrogant? He has always designed games for the masses, but he hasn't always been so successful. Maybe he's just at a different point in his life. He's 56 now. He wants to make games for families. Wii Music is still bad, though.

Drew, take a chill pill! I've been busting your balls for years, you know me better than that by now!

I'm bustin' back, that's all! :P Why do you think I'm deadly serious or dwelling on this? Like I said, I just get the occasional lol out of it, that's all. This board needs it.

So because he's designing games that sell millions instead of his Gamecube games which sold hundreds of thousands in his home country, that makes him arrogant?

I'd actually appreciate that sort of honestly. i.e. he didn't say that.

He has always designed games for the masses, but he hasn't always been so successful. Maybe he's just at a different point in his life. He's 56 now. He wants to make games for families.

It's less "I want to make games for families" and more "I want more people than just Nintendo fanboys to kiss my ass."

"I was endlessly fascinated with 3D worlds, but what with all the issues I had to tinker with in terms of rendering and processing speed, it got to the point where I didn't know who was making the games any longer.

"This is a job where you have a plan and you polish it endlessly while getting help from others. If Nintendo's games fail to stand out as games that aren't made that way proliferate, then it shows that the creation process is for nothing, which made me very sad. That was especially obvious during the GameCube era; Nintendo titles were hardly even discussed by the (non-gaming) general public back then," he added.

Oh boo-hoo. Poor Shiggy. It's not a bad thing for him to make the type of games that he wants. By all means, more power to him. However, as Miyamoto goes, so goes the whole company.

I personally put a bit of blame on Shiggy for designing that dogshit Gamecube controller, and a bit more blame on whoever designed the Gamecube's storage medium.

Wii Music is still bad, though.

Amen.

I traded in some DVDs & GHIII this weekend to pick up House of the Dead Overkill. I know, back on rail-shooters, but this is probably one of the only genre's that I can actually get my girlfriend to play as well. Anyway, it's pretty fun. The Samuel L. Jackon character has some great lines and I think this is the first time I've EVER seen any sort of personality coming from Agent G. :P

I think if they're gonna make a Trauma Center rip-off, they should go retro and make a M*A*S*H game.

I'm convinced that the average person doesn't know what M*A*S*H is.

I think if they're gonna make a Trauma Center rip-off, they should go retro and make a M*A*S*H game.

I'm convinced that the average person doesn't know what M*A*S*H is.

And the average person knew what "The Warriors" was before the video game came out?

I still can't get into reading books (comic or otherwise) in a digital format. I'm just too old fashioned and prefer print 100%.

I still can't get into reading books (comic or otherwise) in a digital format. I'm just too old fashioned and prefer print 100%.

total agreement, my e-friend.

So, I just got a Wii tonight. Any game recommendations? I have the following in mind:

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Super Mario Galaxy

Mario Kart Wii

Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Wii Play (I'm getting an extra remote anyway)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Tiger Woods 09

House of the Dead: Overkill

No More Heroes

So, I just got a Wii tonight. Any game recommendations? I have the following in mind:

Animal Crossing: City Folk - No. Repetitive, induces homicide.

Super Mario Galaxy - Yes.

Mario Kart Wii - Yes.

Super Paper Mario - I'm leaning iffy on this one. Don't make it a priority.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Yes

Wii Play (I'm getting an extra remote anyway) - No, it's not even worth the extra $10.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Yes

Tiger Woods 09 - I don't play sports games, but I heard it's good.

House of the Dead: Overkill - Yes

No More Heroes - Yes

Matt, get MadWorld, for fuck sake.

I agree with Thoth's take on the other games listed.

Also, get Zack & Wiki...it's my eternal mission to pimp that game and considering you can find it for under $20, there's no reason not to get it.

I'd recommend Animal Crossing, but it's a game you need to play everyday to get the most out of it. In the beginning you'll likely need to play more than you would once you're further along. I play for 1/2 hour almost every day.

If that's not your bag, then you'd best skip. If you do get it, let me know, and we can be Animal Crossing friends ( :wub: ).

I hate Animal Crossing.

On the other hand the Dead Rising Wii game is actually pretty fun.

Also, Mad World, yes!

House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return + Overkill are also great buys.

No More Heroes FOR SURE.

Obscure the Aftermath was a pretty fun little survival horror game.

Resident Evil 4 - every Wii owner should at least try (or buy) this game!

I saw your post on cheapassgamer. I think you are a fool for trading in your PS3 for a Wii.

Did you really read it? I said that the PS3 won't work with my 5 year old rear projection TV which does not display in 720p. It was either play the PS3 in standard def or return it. I chose option B afetr seeing how horrible PS3 games looked in standard.

Thanks for the recommendations, you guys. I know all about Animal Crossing, since I was hooked on the previous 2 incarnations. I forgot about Zack and Wiki. Isn't that hard to find? MadWorld, I'm interested in, but I saw your post, Lushus, saying how short it is, so I'm iffy.

Matt,

Animal Crossing: City Folk - Don't bother

Super Mario Galaxy - Oh God yes

Mario Kart Wii - ^

Super Paper Mario - Not as good as the others, download Paper Mario 64 from the VC instead

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Yes

Wii Play (I'm getting an extra remote anyway) - Good for the 'Find A Mii' game only

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Essential. 3 years ago. Now it's probably worth buying cheap.

Tiger Woods 09 - Get 'We Love Golf' instead. It plays (and looks) like Mario Golf on the Cube.

House of the Dead: Overkill - Might as well. Get 2 and 3: Return too.

No More Heroes - Most definatly.

I'd also add Distaster: Day of Crisis, Zack and Wiki, WarioLand: Shake Dimension and De Blob to that list. And apperantly MadWorld is good.

Well like I said about MadWorld, 50 may be a tad steep for it, so hold out for a price drop.

You should be able to find Zack & Wiki at a Gamestop used. I'm not sure if it's the same where you live, but there are about 15 Gamestops here and I always see a copy in any of them I have gone to. One thing I would recommend is playing it WITHOUT a FAQ...no matter how tempting it is to cheat, and believe me, you will be severely tempted.