TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Is it not? Suprising. It only has American actors, I just assumed you guys had the game too. You're not missing out on greatness, but it is a lot of fun.

RE: Nintendo Dongle, as far as I'm aware, they don't sell them in shops anymore as Nintendo don't make them. So you'll probably have to get it online. I'd imagine it's cheaper anyway.

A bit of news:

Punch-out!!!! has a release date (in the UK) of May 22nd. And Super Punch-Out!!! is avalible on the (UK) VC tomorrow according to ONM.

Good news.

Um, there's a trailer for the new Punch-Out , on sites where they have trailers for games. So if your computer happens to be on and you know where to go, and you have a few minutes, it wouldn't kill you to watch it. At least for a little while.

So, yeah.

He just looks so generic. If you're gonna have a character called "Disco Kid" he should look like Tony Manero. Unless they're bringing back Pizza Pasta and they don't want two Italian stereotypes in one game.

System update available. Big news:

You can download games to SD cards... and PLAY FROM SD CARDS. THANK GOD THAT'S OVER.

Once you update, it should be painfully obvious where to go. If not, try clicking the new SD card icon in the lower left.

Edit: As a bonus, the Wii now natively supports SDHC cards, up to 32GB.

This means I don't have to worry about space on the system and can download as many Wiiware and VC titles as I want. Thank god.

I'm assuming this means I still won't be able to play GH:WT games from the SD card though right?

They also now have arcade games available on Virtual Console. Unfortunately the only ones available now are unpopular Namco games from around 1984 but Space Harrier is supposed to be available soon. No need for 32X support anymore!

They also now have arcade games available on Virtual Console. Unfortunately the only ones available now are unpopular Namco games from around 1984 but Space Harrier is supposed to be available soon. No need for 32X support anymore!

If they put up The Simpsons or The Punisher one then I would be a very happy man.

If they put up The Simpsons or The Punisher one then I would be a very happy man.

Jesus Christ I would love to see the 4 player TMNT or Capt. America/Avengers games on there.. Or, dare I say it: WrestleFest or Superstars! The licensing would probably be a nightmare, though..

Jesus Christ I would love to see the 4 player TMNT or Capt. America/Avengers games on there.. Or, dare I say it: WrestleFest or Superstars! The licensing would probably be a nightmare, though..

AMERICA STILL NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Well you're never going to see those. Sorry!

Never say never dude.

Apart from this case, where what I want is never going to happen.

For right now at least the Wii has access to respectable amounts of storage and will be able to d/l arcade games. Welcome to 2007, Nintendo! We've been waiting for you to catch up!

Link's on a Train should probably interest me more than it does, but anytime I that cel-shaded Link in a game outside of Brawl, I've found I have not had fun playing his new game.

Ah you reading the GDC reports too, Andrew?

Yes. I still like my DS and I'm open to get a Wii again later. Hell, I've currently got my fourth Gamecube after a series of buying progressively cheaper ones, running out of games, selling them, re-acquiring, etc. I just really, really hate the direction the company has been moving in for the Wii.

Also, GDC is more than just Nintendo, anyway.

Still, as mentioned, SD card support should have been available Day 1 of WiiWare being available, especially since stuff worth buying is coming out more often.

Plus, I look forward/dread when WayForward announces a new Shantae, as I probably won't have the hardware to play it (I worry it may be DSi or WiiWare).

Okay so let me get this straight...I have my VC games on the Wii hard drive as well as on my SD card...this means I can delete the stuff off my hard drive without fear of losing all my saved info per game, correct?

I think the safest thing is to put games on the SD card and save files on the harddrive. I think I just read something saying that you can't have save files on the SD card, or at least that they can't run off the SD card.

EDIT: From the info section in the SD card window:

About Save Data

Save data cannot be loaded directly from SD Cards.

To use save data stored on SD Cards, first move it to the Wii System Memory

So I finally just watched the Punch-out teaser. I'm excited for it, but the coolest part is they brought back the fat black guy as Mac's trainer. They even re-did the bicycle training scene! Awesome.

I've decided that I am actually looking forward to Excitebots. I enjoyed Excite Truck, and this appears to be adding some Stunt Race FX to the equation while replacing the BUTT-rock soundtrack with something a little more Mario Kart-esque. Looks like fun.

Well, now. Here is my most recent additions to my VC game collection on my Wii.

Balloon Fight

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong, Jr.

Donkey Kong 3

Donkey Kong, Jr. Math

Punch Out (w/Mr. Dream)

Pinball

Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario Bros.:The Lost Levels!