TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

Nostalgia.

I'm going to add the NES original "Wrestlemania" to this list. Even though the actual gameplay was crummy, it was fun having those round-robin league when 2 or more people (up to 6) played tournament mode (the CPU picked up any non-player characters). The hardest part was convincing people to play it.

I'm going to add the NES original "Wrestlemania" to this list. Even though the actual gameplay was crummy, it was fun having those round-robin league when 2 or more people (up to 6) played tournament mode (the CPU picked up any non-player characters). The hardest part was convincing people to play it.

I'll second that. The round robins were quality fun.

Anyone ever play Toobin' for the old school NES?

You're on a raft floating down 15 or 20 different rivers, each with specific enemies, which you could throw rocks at to prevent from killing you. (Alligators in the Okefenokee or some crazy guy in a sombrero in the Rio Grande for example).

Game never ended. Levels got faster and faster like Duck Hunt.

I played the arcade version. Twas a bitch to try and control your man.

Beavis and Butthead SNES:

Beavis_Butthead.gif

When the show was near its peak in popularity, we got a bunch of games based on the show. Object was the same (get to see Gwar), but all the games were different.

SNES one was really sanitized. The violence was limited to standard video games stuff, no profanity, and no flatulence. However, it came out alright. Basically, one or two players complete a bunch of levels in whatever order they want, then go to the Gwar show and try to finish the game.

There was a few coop attacks (like throwing the other player), but the real fun of two-player (aside from the silly arcade games) was hauling off and smacking the other player when you got annoyed with him (adding to the effect could be your own provided dialogue) and fighting over the food.

Beavis and Butthead Genesis:

beavisbutt-3.gif

Now this one is a little more like it. Sega's looser content guidelines allowed for a ruder, more mischievous game, although still not *exactly* like the show ("This is an MA-13 game! Chainsaws only work on trees!"). Still, a lot of puzzles were completely lifted from early episodes of the show. Yes, *puzzles*. Okay, it was more like "find x item so you can use it at location y, and find item z and ticket piece a1!"

If you had recorded the "classic eps" with all the really crappy animation, you practically had a video walkthrough for most of the game. If not, you're in for some oddball puzzles and a lot of abuse. The graphics were great but the huge sprites for B&B made them big targets. Plus, collision kind of sucked. You'd have to attack enemies over and over and over and over again before they would die.

However, no other game out there features you (spoilers?) serving a fast food customer a Mouseburger with French Flies, making an army dude wet himself with a snake, and cherrybombing a toilet to set a trap for an angry fat lady to slip and fall on pop.

The sewers really, really, REALLY suck...btw...

There were also a Game Gear and Game Boy version. The Game Gear version was horrible (it's best part was the game over screen, for real), never played the Game Boy one.

EDIT: Apparently it was a crappy Zelda clone. I'm glad I never played it.

428(1).jpg

Here's i-mockery's take:

http://i-mockery.com/classicgames/detailed...eld&id=1645

Does anyone remember Out of this World and Flashback? They were on both SNES and Genesis, both used the same game engine which was a kind of improved upon version used in the Prince of Persia games...they weren't necessarily bad, I just remember them being a tad frustrating because the player characters moved so damn slow and you had to be so precise with your jumps.

MD_Flashback.png

Flashback

Another_World_1.PNG

Out of This World

I rented Out of this World once, couldn't get past the first level, and quit. Damn worm things. I guess the gameplay that for me was basically "Oh shit, my jump was a nanosecond off" *cutscene* *horrible death*, didn't appeal to me.

Arch Rivals from the NES along with Zombies Ate my Neighbors for the SNES.

Did you ever beat Zombies? Cause I was a youngin back then and didn't have the gaming skills or patience to beat that game. I think the farthest I got was around level 7.

I seem to remember getting to nearly the last stage but never beating the game.