TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Any semi-truck driving in the fast lane should be shot on general principle. That shit angers me.

Others?

Replace "semi-truck" with "old people"

1 - I work at a Gamestop in a mall. My gate is pulled-down and locked, my lights are off, I'm in there to do the opening paperwork. Everymorning, someone will walk by (mall-walkers) and either

A) Try their damndest to pull my gate up, then ask why it wont go up

B) Ask am I open yet

C) Start asking for random trade-in values

You can come back at 10 like everyone else.

2 - People who use the word "as" in place of "since" or "because". It just irritates the shit out of me.

3 - People who constantly say 'UM" while speaking.

People that wear their hats crooky...like extremely crooky...like so crooky I have the urge to buy a small propeller and stick it in the center of their hat.

1 - I work at a Gamestop in a mall. My gate is pulled-down and locked, my lights are off, I'm in there to do the opening paperwork. Everymorning, someone will walk by (mall-walkers) and either

B) Ask am I open yet

2 - People who use the word "as" in place of "since" or "because". It just irritates the shit out of me.

Haws baw Gahd, I'm sure you'll have heard these a lot if you work in retail, as I do on weekend:

People who say the following:

"It won't scan? Must be free, right?"

"Oh, that's a nice (tv/computer/expensive item) go ahead and put that in my car".

-I have a co-worker at my 9-5 who not only says 'apparently' far too often, she uses it incorrectly a lot. When it's clearly raining outside and you're six inches from a window, it's not "apparently raining outside".

People who use the following words, which don't exist: acrossed, height, supposably.

Haws baw Gahd, I'm sure you'll have heard these a lot if you work in retail, as I do on weekend:

A similar source of hate from my retail days would be scanning someone's items and then accidentally scanning the next person's item, which results in the following

First person: "That's not my item, it's theirs"

Second person: "Oh that's okay, they can pay for it!"

Most of my hate/anger comes from driving issues, as I spend a good portion of my job driving:

- Tailgaters. Of course, who does like them...

- Something similar, when I'm driving down a highway (moreso applies to 4-lane) and I see someone coming up right up to nearly an inch off my ass before switching to the passing lane to pass me, even though there was absolutely nothing preventing them from getting into the passing lane much earlier.

- When I'm pulling out onto a four-lane street and at that exact same time, the person who was in the inside lane (for right turn) or outside lane (for left) suddenly decides that that is the exact time they want to pull into the lane I'm turning into, despite there being no other car in the vicinity that they're swerving around or lane that they're slowing down to turn into.

B) Ask am I open yet

"Oh, that's a nice (tv/computer/expensive item) go ahead and put that in my car".

-I have a co-worker at my 9-5 who not only says 'apparently' far too often, she uses it incorrectly a lot. When it's clearly raining outside and you're six inches from a window, it's not "apparently raining outside".

People who use the following words, which don't exist: acrossed, height, supposably.

agreed on all counts. I work at Circuit City now. I hate people who ask me where something computer related is when there is a giant ass "Computers" sign over the section. Alos people who ask me if I have a dvd without first looking for it themselves. People getting mad that I have to take new games and psp games to the counter (they are considered high theft items) Or people who get mad when the computer shows we have one copy of something and they cant find it (people are always putting things in the wrong place of course) People who leave the cds laying sideways and forward, as if we are their slaves. Or people being appalled that we don't carry some obscure cd or dvd and say "I'm gonna go somewhere else" WELL GO THEN.

Or people who dont understand I dont work in tvs or computers thus cant help them. and they seem like they cant wait when a worker is helping others.

Customers who don't leave when we are closing

supposably.

You say this a lot.

What I hate.

People who think the streets is like Need for Speed, and not signaling. I hate when people don't signal or leave their blinkers on.

I'm an asshole in the fast lane though. If I'm going 30 past the speed limit, and your tailing me, fuck off. You don't need to go faster than I am. I don't move over for anyone.

1 - I work at a Gamestop in a mall.

Thats all you had to say.

Dumb people do it for me, here's a example.

The other night I went to a club in San Francisco. I need to break a 20 so I could pay for parking. I parked and went to a near by gas station. I meet up with a friend who is already over there, getting a quick snack, and we walk in to see a lady stocking the cooler, when she noticed me, I let her know what I wanted and here's how our Convo went.

Me: I just need to get two tens.

Her: I can't give you any change.

Me: What if I buy something?

Her: No, we're closed!

Me: Your closed?

Her: Yes, I'm closed!

Now as she's telling me their closed, the door is wide open and someone else walks in. Me and my friend walk out of the gas station very confused. I'm pist because I need to get change before I get a ticket and thats the closet place for me to get change. So I decide to wait to see what happens with this guy who just walked in.

He gets something and walks up to the counter and then she gets behind the counter to ring this guy up! I go back in the store and stand to the side and I'm just watching. I'm watching this guy pay with cash. So I figure if I go buy something, she has to give me change. I look around and grab a Rice Krispie Treat. I walk up to the counter, where my friend who is still with me, is now buying something and is paying with cash. Then this lady does something that confuses me more.

She looks over at me and asks me if I want change. I told her I do but I'm just going to go ahead and buy the treat to make it easier for her and I sware to you, she grabs the Rice Krispie Treat from me and tells me that now she won't give me any change and that I can't buy the Krispie treat!

Its like I'm dealing with the fucking Soup Nazi! Except its a foreign woman that works at Shell!

I got lucky because after she told me that now I can't buy the Rice Krispie Treat, someone walks in with a large amount of 5's and asks me if I needed a change. I got 4 5's and went back to the parking lot to pay for my parking spot. Which is a whole nother story.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Ft. Waste is trying to pass a public smoking ban, and I swear to christ I'm going to fucking kill every single person that votes for it.

Ft. Waste is trying to pass a public smoking ban, and I swear to christ I'm going to fucking kill every single person that votes for it.

I'd help you if I lived near you. I don't smoke, but all of these anti-smoking cocksuckers are really going too far. It's like Denis Leary said when he was ripping off Bill Hicks:

"What's the rule now, you can only smoke in your apartment with all the lights out, under a blanket?"

supposably.

You say this a lot.

Not true. I say supposedly .

I bet he meant heighth.
I did. My bad.

Oooh, I hate the people who come in, look at an item, and go "I was just at Zellers, and this is $15 cheaper."

Guh. Even worse are the ones who will ask me for something we don't carry, and they'll say as loud as possible, as if to form a mob "OH! ILL GO TO RADIO SHACK THEN!" Now to be fair, I know there's times when people don't say it angrily or in an anti Wal*Mart way, but still, I hear it the way I just described it far too often.

You should. The Ontario one was such a debacle. In 2003, it was agreed upon that no public place could be smoked in unless there was a Designated Smoke Room( to be glassed-in if I'm not mistaken). I'm not a smoke, but I have absolutely no problem with people using a DSR. Then six months ago, it became No Smoking ANYWHERE public under a roof. If there's a awning on a patio at a restaurant, you can't smoke there. The problem was that many many bars spent several hundred (and thousands, conceivably) of dollars to build DSR's...all to have it pissed away.

I haven't smoked since my first year of college (and it was only for about a month), but people who make a case against smoking should be shot and eaten. The amount of bars, bingo halls, restaurants and variety stores hurt/potentially hurt by this law is overwhelming.

Yeah, we have this huge breakroom at work that almost no one uses anymore since all the smokers have to go outside now. I think it's especially funny since about 95% of what we do at work is make cigarette packages.

Guest Felonies!

Bars are fine, but I don't want smoking in most restaurants. This is mostly for my own selfish reasons, being that I'm really allergic to cigarette smoke and want to minimize my contact with it. Turns me into a hacking mess.

I work at Best Buy, and today was actually my last day on the front lanes. Some pet peeves include:

Kids who come in trying to buy an Xbox 360 or car stereo equipment with a parent's credit card or check. It's absolutely not allowed. They bitch and whine about it, and finally leave. Then they come back about 20 minutes later with their parent, who then proceeds to bitch me out for making them come all the way there to buy their spoiled brat's shit. Seriously, it makes me want to kill.

This amuses me more than anything, but in the morning I'll get there up to an hour before the store opens. The gate will still be up and everything, and these people will practically walk into the door before they notice that it's not opening. Then sometimes they'll wave their arms in frustration and storm off. The other great part is that other people trying to come in, who can presumably see that others couldn't get through the doors, will also proceed to walk right into it.

I hate anyone who doesn't understand how the Reward Zone program works. Especially the people who think they can use it like a gift card and then act outraged when I tell them otherwise.

People who get mad when I ask them if they have a Reward Zone card. Seriously, if I don't ask, then people forget to use it, and then remember AFTER the sale, and then I have to void it all out and start over. If I have to put up with that shit, I think customers should be able to handle saying "No" or "No thanks" and stop bitching all the damn time.

And the last pet peeve I can think of, is when people buy TiVo, or satelite radio, or something that involves a digital subscription. Due to legal and contract reasons, it is absolutely required that we get a phone number and information for these purchases. There is no way around it, it is inevitable. And people stand there and argue with me as if there is some magical way I can change it. The best part is when they say they're going to buy it somewhere else instead, because I'm pretty damn sure any other retailer is going to require the same information.

Ditto for when someone protests that they can't return used DVDs or CDs. The best line is "I'm never buying movies here again." I wish them luck trying to pull the same shit at Circuit City.

Ditto for when someone protests that they can't return used DVDs or CDs. The best line is "I'm never buying movies here again." I wish them luck trying to pull the same shit at Circuit City.

A guy a few years ago tried to return a game that his son bought, on the grounds that "it was too hard for his son". Courtesy refused and called me to tell me that the guy was on his way back to try and return it to me, as if I could somehow.

I did something elsewhere from the register, which leads into my department, and is also where our return policy is on a 4 x 6 ft. board, about 8 ft up on a pole. When I came back, the guy was reading the return policy. I asked him if I could help him, and he asked me where in the return policy it read that he couldn't return an opened game. I said "second blurb on the bottom half".

He read aloud: "The following must be returned unopened....software. So I can't return this?"

"Not if it's been opened. Sorry." He replied with "Well, that's ok. I'm glad my son has learned at a young age never to shop here."

An sensationally bitter old woman (with her conversely very mannerly son) wanted a game which we didn't have. Her exact words (and this was close to three years ago, yet I remember it verbatim) were "I don't know why you build Wal*Marts. You never have anything I want!"

We've complained a lot about retail in this thread, electronics-related in particular. I'd like to point out that, I, in fact, love my job. People are generally appreciative, and only one in probably ever 80 or 100 customers I really have a problem with for whatever reason. It's just the ones who are upset are usually the most colourful, and as such, the most memorable.

Guest Felonies!

Okay, look, I know as well as anyone that the general population is a bunch of drooling troglodytes who can suck at the simplest things, but I swear, some of you fucking retail guys will bitch about anything.

"People get mad when they can't find something they want to buy! FUCKING COCKSUCKERS! TRY ANOTHER STORE? TRY DYING!"

Got nothin' on food service, though, so don't worry.

I also work at Best Buy, and I deal with a fair amount of people for whom English isn't a first language. I'm fine with that. I even sold a stereo to someone on the Cuban soccer team. They were passing by on the way to play the New England Revolution or the US team, I don't recall, and no one was in who spoke Spanish, so I did a lot of demonstrating and such. Pretty neat. Anyhow...I'm a pale white dude who usually hangs out in the stereo section nowadays. Somehow....people have the idea that I may just speak Spanish. I'm an Italian dude with an Irish first name, it doesn't really bother me so much as I find it odd. I also hate people who think that because I don't know about stuff in some departments or we don't have something and they go beserk. The worst is, I work in the DVD and games and such section, which is right in front of the Home Theater section, which is mostly TVs and especially plasma and LCD, which were just coming in when I left Home Theater, AND I personally think they're a scam, Plasmas in particular, so I have to refer them to the usually busy HT team. Customers don't like it much, though. I remember one guy, I was bringing something over to computers with my return bin in hand, and this guy asks me about something. I explain very nicely(it had been tax free weekend and I had had a long, long day, so I was remarkably polite) that I don't work there and was picking up my bin to go back to Media when he said something sarcastic like "oh yeah, that's why you're ignoring me" which just makes no sense, so, for the first time ever in my 5 years in that store, I threw up my hands and just said "believe what you want to believe, sir" I really do try to be as nice as possible, but some people are just plain idiots