TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

I dunno about OCD, but I thought (and still kinda do think) I had ADD as a kid.

They gave me a little 3 page pamphlet back in school to read about the signs of ADD, to help self-diagnose if I had it. I never finished reading it.

I think that says something on it's own

It was thought that I had ADHD as a child, but it turned out that the fact that various allergies were being fed was what was making me hyperactive instead.

i don't believe in giving little kids pills either. but STFU about childhood mental illness, unless you've lived it, you have no idea.

Pfft everyone knows kids dont get ill

and when they pretend to get ill its because the doctor encouraged it to.

A lady berated me for smoking a cigarette outside of a shop. She said, "You may have the right to smoke, but I have the right to walk away."

...ok...

You should've blown smoke in her face.

Something else made me think of this.

All of these bigger cock pills that they're selling on tv at 3am. If they worked they'd be the hottest selling thing out there, they could do better marketing.

anyway, I don't recall which scam it is but the line repeated over and over again in the ad is "it'll make that certain part of a man bigger." And then there's the scene with a doctor, and you know he's a doc cause he's wearing a white lab coat, talking about "making THAT CERTAIN PART OF A MAN bigger."

Really...they're claiming doctor and the guy doesn't say penis? I'd feel weird if I was talking to a doctor about my dick and he asked "so, how's the you know what working?"

I have got to wonder how well these things must be selling to justify people still making them

All of these bigger cock pills that they're selling on tv at 3am. If they worked they'd be the hottest selling thing out there, they could do better marketing.

anyway, I don't recall which scam it is but the line repeated over and over again in the ad is "it'll make that certain part of a man bigger." And then there's the scene with a doctor, and you know he's a doc cause he's wearing a white lab coat, talking about "making THAT CERTAIN PART OF A MAN bigger."

Really...they're claiming doctor and the guy doesn't say penis? I'd feel weird if I was talking to a doctor about my dick and he asked "so, how's the you know what working?"

I have got to wonder how well these things must be selling to justify people still making them

Is that the one that's supposed to be a talk show?

cuz words can't even describe that pile of shit.

Is that the one that's supposed to be a talk show?

cuz words can't even describe that pile of shit.

That's not the one I'm talking about, this one's just a commercial, no longer then a minute.

But the "talk show" one is a bag of shit as well

They also all seem to talk endlessly about "stamina" but never explain what they actually mean. Are you saying your pill will desensitize a hair-trigger penis and prevent premature ejaculation? Are you saying that it will somehow vastly improve a man's cardio so that he doesn't get tired in sex? Any time they say "it improves stamina" I take that to mean "this bullshit has not and will not ever be approved as an actual drug by the FDA".

People who live their life by what ESPN tells them. I have a roommate and a few friends who spends all theirtime watching WHATEVER is on ESPN and then spits the trash nicknames and half-assed "predictions" those idiots on ESPN make and think its the greatest comedy acts of all time.

People who live their life by what ESPN tells them. I have a roommate and a few friends who spends all theirtime watching WHATEVER is on ESPN and then spits the trash nicknames and half-assed "predictions" those idiots on ESPN make and think its the greatest comedy acts of all time.

This is why I constantly complain about ESPN! Because of shit like this. They spew their BS all over the airwaves and then people buy it and try to use it as a debating point about sports.

Oh yeah, and bandwagon fans. They don't really annoy me all that much. What really annoys me are the ones that cheer for a team and then deny ever liking another team. They claim "Well this is my team. It's always been my team."

Like this dude I went to college with. Right after AI was traded to the Nuggets he got himself an AI jersey and walked around talking about how great his Nuggets were.

Well just recently his facebook status read this "Kellen is upset his Cavs were eliminated. There's always next year. Cavs for life!"

I sent him a message saying "I thought you were a Nuggets fan" and if he'd responded with "Well I like both" I would've been fine, but he responded with "Nuggets? I don't like the Nuggets! I've always been a Cavs fan!"

Guest Smues

The fact that all but I think one Subway I've ever been to only have shredded chedder. Every other cheese they have sliced, but the chedder is shredded. And they even basically admit that most people don't want it shredded, because EVERY TIME I get a sub with chedder, even if I've ordered from the same employee five days in a row and got it each time, they ask "It's shredded chedder, is that ok?" I mean, they never say "It's sliced American, is that ok?" So obviously they know a lot of people don't want it shredded, so why is that all they offer?

Not aimed at you, but that makes me think of another thing that pisses me off: dumbass cunts who get angry at the minimum wage employees for something in a retail or service establishment which they have utterly no control over. Like if someone seriously bitched at the Subway crew for only having the shredded cheese, or when some tightwad refuses to accept the fact that the sale ended yesterday and are screaming at the cashier about it, or anything like that. Have you ever worked at any job ever where the corporate management, who decide the fundamental policies which run the company, actually listened to the street-level employees? About anything at all? I sure as hell haven't. So why do these pricks go nuts on the stockboy because Walmart stopped carrying their favorite shit?

People who play two slot machines at once. Maybe I wanted to play some Empire Strikes Back and get a Cloud City Free Spin Bonus, ever think of that bitch playing two machines?

Not aimed at you, but that makes me think of another thing that pisses me off: dumbass cunts who get angry at the minimum wage employees for something in a retail or service establishment which they have utterly no control over. Like if someone seriously bitched at the Subway crew for only having the shredded cheese, or when some tightwad refuses to accept the fact that the sale ended yesterday and are screaming at the cashier about it, or anything like that. Have you ever worked at any job ever where the corporate management, who decide the fundamental policies which run the company, actually listened to the street-level employees? About anything at all? I sure as hell haven't. So why do these pricks go nuts on the stockboy because Walmart stopped carrying their favorite shit?

Maybe they're so mad at the situation that they just have to yell at somebody? They either do that or beat their kids.....maybe both.

The other day a guy asked if we had any fresh Basil. We'd sold out and I told him we'd likely get more the next day since it was a load day. Common enough, but then three minutes later a woman calls on the phone.

Woman: My husband said you didn't have any basil.

Me: Yeah, I'm sorry, we've sold out, but order it frequently it should be here tomorrow. If that ruins your dinner plans I apologize.

Woman: Why don't you have any?

Me: I'm not sure on the specifics, but people bought what we had. Sometimes local restaurants use us as a back up if they run out, that could have happened.

Woman: So you have no basil... my husband is still in the store if you do.

Me: No, we don't have any, I have no reason to horde the basil, ma'am. I wish we had some, but we don't.

Woman: Fine.

And then she hangs up.

Not five minutes after that the Store Director wanders over and starts milling through our fresh herbs.

SD: We usually carry Basil don't we?

Me: Yeah, we sold out. I think one of the Mexican places ran out and rushed over I saw Rita in here earlier.

SD: Ah. I just got a call from a lady asking if we had any.

Me: She called back? Her husband was in here, asked me, then she called me, so she called you?

SD: She's the lady that called corporate because Hormel discontinued the kind of bacon she wanted and insisted that we bring it in just for her.

Me: Jeeze.

SD: Yeah, she's a the Customer from Hell.

I don't know what annoyed me more, the fact that she didn't believe that we'd run out of Basil and thought we had some conspiracy keeping the Basil from her, or the fact that she called back twice.

Guest Smues

Yeah that sucks too. And brings me to another point of anger, the fact that ownership of places makes the dumb decisions, but the only people you can complain to are the ones who have nothing to do with it. That's pretty much true of anything but mom & pop outfits.

And as for those people that bitch about sales ending, fuck them. I had a friend that worked at a grocery store for a long while and I used to go bug him sometimes and got to witness those idiots. My favorite being one time after the store closed. They closed at 11, and so sometimes I'd come in right at close and hang out while they closed up. There was a cereal sale one day that was blatantly listed as being an 8am-8pm sale. It's 11:10, the store is closed, but the manager forgot to lock the sliding doors, so some fuck pulls the doors open and grabs two shopping carts. When told the store is closed he says don't worry I'll be quick. So he gets something like 70 boxes of cereal, and then throws a shitfit when told the sale ended at 8. He's lucky they even let him in after closing hours, he bought 70 fucking boxes of product when told he'd be quick, and then he's bitching that the sale is over. I just don't understand people I guess.

Guest Smues

There are 10 billion traffic issues I could bitch about, but I'll just address something that happened to me yesterday. On my way home I hit a T type intersection in a residential zone. The only stop sign is for the street that ends at the intersection. I was coming down one side of the non-stop signed street, and was going to make a right turn at that intersection. An oncoming car was coming the other way and was making a left turn at the same intersection. So in this case as there are no yield or stop signs on my end, I have the right of way, as he is making a turn accross a lane of traffic and I am not. And let me preface this by noting that I didn't come jetting down the road out of nowhere, I came down at 20-25 mph (25 being the speed limit) and signalled my turn well ahead of time. I start turning and he starts turning, and it becomes clear he's not going to yield. I probably should of, but at this point I'm sick of assholes on the road and basically say 'fuck him, I'll stop if I'm about to hit him, otherwise I'm not yielding' and we both keep making the turn and finally he has to stop before hitting me. Yes, I should have just stopped and let the asshat go, but I was fed up with the dozen other people just like that I'd dealt with on the drive home, and as I said I had the fucking right of way. You always yield to oncoming traffic. So this fucker follows me home, stops in front of my driveway, and flips me off. WOW YOU'RE A MACHO MAN DUDE!

A day later and I'm still pissed off. Isn't road rage fun? I also half expected to find my car smashed up this morning, as it seems a lot of people take road rage a lot further then just bitching on a message board.

On the rare occasions that someone seems to be following me, I was always like, okay, we're going for a ride. No high-speed stuff, since that just leads to further aggression and recklessness. I mean I just don't stop. I drive around in circles, go unnecessarily slow, pull into a parking lot and then right back out again for no apparent reason, always signalling way ahead of time just to really drive 'em crazy.

In fact... people who don't signal anger me. I totally agree with Clive Owen's rant about it in Shoot 'Em Up, there's just NO fucking reason not to signal. The presence of signalling causes no harm, and the absence of it can net you a ticket. Use the signal, fuckers.

Some kids have been sneaking into my parents backyard and destroying all sorts of shit, like a ceramic goose my deceased grandma gave my mom, a few potted plants, and the window to our back game room.

It's not so much the fact these fuckers are doing this, it's more the fact my dog didn't hear any of it. Some guard dog she turned out to be.

Guest Smues
On the rare occasions that someone seems to be following me, I was always like, okay, we're going for a ride. No high-speed stuff, since that just leads to further aggression and recklessness. I mean I just don't stop. I drive around in circles, go unnecessarily slow, pull into a parking lot and then right back out again for no apparent reason, always signalling way ahead of time just to really drive 'em crazy.

In fact... people who don't signal anger me. I totally agree with Clive Owen's rant about it in Shoot 'Em Up, there's just NO fucking reason not to signal. The presence of signalling causes no harm, and the absence of it can net you a ticket. Use the signal, fuckers.

Amen to the signalling thing. And usually if I think I'm being followed I do the same as you. I was just A. a block or so from home and B. under a time constraint to get home. As soon as I pulled into the driveway I realized I should have just kept driving until he went away.

Some kids have been sneaking into my parents backyard and destroying all sorts of shit, like a ceramic goose my deceased grandma gave my mom, a few potted plants, and the window to our back game room.

It's not so much the fact these fuckers are doing this, it's more the fact my dog didn't hear any of it. Some guard dog she turned out to be.

Beat their asses!

Traded a few games for credit at a GameStop a while back. I knew I wasn't getting much credit for them and took what I got.

The guy that did the transaction used the shadiest move ever by resurfacing four games he deemed scratched and taking a $4 resurfacing fee off my credit without telling ever consulting me while I stood within earshot. I had to look at the receipt to realize what he had done. I brought it over to him and he smugly offered to refund the credit, but at that point, I was out $4 either way. I heard he got fired a week later due to several incidents of dick moves. I don't say it much, but fuck that son of bitch.

On the occasions where I think I'm being tailed close to home (none of which ever came to fruition), as a test I start driving convoluted routes around my neighborhood that nobody would drive if they were actually going to their own home in the area.

Not so much something that pisses me off, more a kinda funny story:

So the wife and I are seeing the new Indiana Jones at our local theater. Two screens, maybe 200 people tops. Anyway, these little shit kids are sitting in the front row with a laser pointer and just being little assholes, shining the point on Marion Ravenwood's boobs, on Indy's dick, just annoying shit.

So the big fucker behind me gets up, walks over to the kids and stands in front of them, leans in and says, "If you keep using that fucking laser pointer, I'm going to break your fucking noses." The little bastards get all scared and droop down in their seats and start saying, "Yes sir. I'm sorry, sir."

It was great. My wife threw a Swedish Fish at one of their heads afterward, and he didn't even turn around. Just took it like a bitch.