TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Companies that go to Job Fairs just to tell you to apply at the website. Why are you even there if you just point people to the website? What happened to the good old day when you applied in person?

And to add something driving related, The damn Orange County road authority and Construction. I know it has to be done but it seems like it's been going on for like 5 years. And then you have idiots that run into the cones and they land in the street and you have to swerve.

They want people to go to the website. The idea is that you're interested enough in that job, so you'll go to the website in order to put through your application.

i never realized using "wicked" as a modifier was a New England thing, until i lived in Chattenooga for seven months.

What does it mean besides the standard dictionary definition of "evil, naughty", etc?

Which brings me to my next point: Being the DD because everyone else is already too drunk to drive irks me. That shit happened on my 21st birthday. I got home from school, and my roommates were like, "YEAH! You're 21! We're drunk! You're gonna have to drive!"

That is like a John Holmes-sized dick move by your "friends" there.

My only complaint about the festival is that it was pretty much all clothing booths and everything was very fucking expensive. If you weren't prepared to spend at least 100 dollars, you weren't going to do or get very much at the festival.

That's been my experience with renaissance festivals too. They've got a few cool things scattered here and there, and a bunch of chicks with corsets and elf ears, but it seems like just buying a drink is a $10 minimum, and purchasing any of the dry goods runs you way into hundreds of dollars.

And to add something driving related, The damn Orange County road authority and Construction. I know it has to be done but it seems like it's been going on for like 5 years.

Never go to Tennessee, because that's the entire state. Nashville and the surrounding area is especially legendary for simultaneously running a billion different road construction projects which all take years to complete.

The phrase "cheer up, it may never happen" and all of its purporters. This is, on average, said to me around twice a week, which is a far greater ratio than any of my aquiantances are forced to endure. It also has a terrible psychiological effect on me, since I become convinced that I have a miserable exterior everytime that I encounter it. It almost makes me crave the South-East of England, where nobody ever so much as makes small talk with those that they do not know personally.

I know I might piss somebody off, but I don't care

Mexicans and Javoah Witnesses

In case that gets edited or otherwise fucked with, I feel the need to repeat it here just so it will be forever preserved for posterity. Javoah indeed.

Who the fuck says shopping buggy?

Fucking everyone, and that's not encouraging peer pressure on you.

Know what else? People seem to say "bill" a lot referring to their receipt.

Before you pay, it's a bill. (Or it's The Check, but only in sit-down restaurants.) After you pay, it's a receipt.

I'm still tripping over "Javoah". Especially since right afterwords he spelled "witnesses" correctly, arguably a more difficult word.

i never realized using "wicked" as a modifier was a New England thing, until i lived in Chattenooga for seven months.

What does it mean besides the standard dictionary definition of "evil, naughty", etc?

it's pretty much interchangable with "very". common examples:

"it's wicked fucking hot today."

"i got that dress for wicked cheap!"

"no way, it's a wicked cute dress."

there's an awesome store around here called Newbury Comics, their tagline is "for a wicked good time!"

oh and i almost forgot Pete's Wicked Ale.

what about them Celtics? they're doing wicked good. they're at the Gaahhhhden, gonna win tanite! i remembued to go to the paaackie befoah it closed.

In a broad way, the Mormon religion annoys me... sort of... but all the Mormons I've known have been great people.

What angers me is when people call us Mormons. :D

Actually I don't care.

I just thought it was funny that people have some sort of hatred towards a faith.

Polygamists though? Fuck them. Not because of what they believe, but damn it, at least try and assimilate a style that isn't 1930's. And those damn little plastic clog shoe things don't count.

Mexicans

I demand an elaboration.

They steal our damn jobs and now there stealin my damn white women!

You must be a horrible lay. And what shitty job did you have?

Before you pay, it's a bill. (Or it's The Check, but only in sit-down restaurants.) After you pay, it's a receipt.

I'm still tripping over "Javoah". Especially since right afterwords he spelled "witnesses" correctly, arguably a more difficult word.

:D to the second sentence. Bang-on to the first.

As much as a bad stereotype as it is, I find it to be more and more true every time I have to deal with them for work:

Jewish businessmen.

All those jokes about them having annoying voices, needing glasses, wearing expensive clothing, and all the while trying to get you to lower the price/cost of something to the point of trying to get it for less than you got it for? Entirely true with every Jewish customer I've ever encountered. I have one, in particular, that I hate. Luckily he only calls about once every month and a half or so. He owns his own communications company about 20 minutes north of the company I work for, and whenever he calls in to place an order/check stock, he always asks the price. I don't mind that. It makes sense, especially since you're footing the bill. The C5e jack from the brand he uses, the cheapest brand mind you (and also the most versatile, and most popular) that we carry, goes for about $2 a piece, IIRC, and come in boxes of 50. He'll order 25 of them and then try to get a deal since he's "such a big customer" and is "buying so many of them." Most customers order from us more often than he does (we have several that come in daily, sometimes every other hour or so from open to close if their jobsite is nearby), and most buy more (jacks go quick, especially if you break them). I always have to tell him that in order to qualify for special pricing on most items, he needs to buy in massive quantities (jacks would probably be about 1000 or so; cable of any type - 5e Plenum or PVC, 3 Plenum or PVC, etc. - would be close to 30,000 feet; and anything else would be a very high quantity), and he starts throwing a fit about how he's one of our best customers and such. Whatever. I tell him I'll see if I can get him special pricing, joke about it to our branch's sales manager(s), and then sometimes even RAISE the price.

I do remember one story my coworker told me that happened only a few months, or maybe a year, before I started working there. He called looking for maybe 100 jacks, and then when told the price and that it couldn't be lowered, he threw a complete fit, calling my coworker incompetent and saying that he was one of our best customers, and that if he didn't get the price break then he'd just go to a competitor (Graybar, probably, since they're the biggest supplier in the area). My coworker FLIPS on him (it takes a lot to get him really pissed, too, considering I routinely insult his son, wife, brother, nephew that I'm friends with, and Alzheimer's-affected mother), and just flat-out tells him that if we lost his business that it wouldn't affect our bottom line, because he's one of our worst customers, and that we have people that order THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WORTH of materials every week from us. Apparently he's never been as big of a douchebag since.

Except for one time when I completely flipped out and had to chain a few butts because he didn't understand the difference between an ST connector and an ST bulkhead. FWIW, I don't expect most to know the difference, but this is one of the few things I do know regarding fiber and fiber connectors. A bulkhead is a metal tube that fits into a plate that is bolted into a fiberbox (an enclosure that can either be mounted to a computer equipment rack or bolted directly to a wall, depending on the type), and you pass different strands of fiber optic cable through it so that you know which strand connects what. A connector is placed on the end of terminated fiber to go onto fiber panels so that the data sent over the fiber is received. Think of the bulkhead as the plumbing pipe that runs through your house, and the connector as the faucet at the end (sink, shower, toilet, whatever). So after asking for a price on bulkheads, he then asks how to apply a certain type of connector, and I immediately catch on. I ask him if he means the steel bulkheads or the actual connectors themseves, which are made of plastic 9 times out of 10. He said the plastic...and then started asking about different bulkheads again. I clarified again, and we got into a civil argument about the differences, which ended with him flat-out telling me that I don't know how to do my job. I put him on hold, smoke a cigarette, and then hand him over to my coworker (the one that flipped out on him from earlier). My coworker tells him the same thing I do, all the while this guy's field tech is in our offices waiting for the product.

...I fucking hate that man. When you learn more about what you sell than some of your customers know, and ALL of your outside sales team knows, and then are talked down to by the WORST customer you have (rude, often refuses to pay, threatens us with no longer using us, etc.), it flips a switch, especially when he blames you for wasting the time of both him AND his tech.

I pretty much hate all but a handful of my customers. Some are just annoying, others are downright rude, but most of them are just idiots who don't know what they want/need. One guy always comes in and wants to return unused 5e cable (which, again, comes in boxes of 1,000 feet). We credited it back to him once before checking the remaining quantity in the returned box, only to find less than 100 feet. After that? We refuse returns from him unless we check them while he's there. He's stopped returning things he's bought from us...but has attempted to return items by companies whose products we don't carry, and have never carried. And we have to wait to bill his credit card for at least a week, because he wants everything for free and doesn't know how to keep his line of credit from bottoming out. His card's been declined quite a few times, and I think it took my office manager from threatening to ban him from the shop and warn rival companies about him to get him to pay what he owes us.

Fucking assholes in the telecommunications industry, man. Almost all of them. There's a few cool ones, but the industry's at a low right now, so most of them have moved on to security and/or stereo systems. Coolest customer I've ever encountered has moved on to that, which is a shame because he was a good reason to just chill out back and shoot the shit. He was almost always high, hungover, or even still drunk, and was just a funny guy to boot. Wicked chill, he'd come in, we'd just crack jokes at each other's expense, and my boss(es) couldn't complain because I was conversing with a customer, and trying to get him to get more stuff (albeit half-assedly). There's another few cool ones, including a couple into old-school metal (Anthrax, Maiden, etc.) and punk (only guys who've ever recognized the Crimson Ghost on my arm), but most are assholes like the above 2 examples.

Guest Jesus Freaks on Coke

"for a wicked good time!"

Pete's Wicked Ale.

what about them Celtics? they're doing wicked good. they're at the Gaahhhhden, gonna win tanite! i remembued to go to the paaackie befoah it closed.

All those jokes about them having annoying voices, needing glasses, wearing expensive clothing, and all the while trying to get you to lower the price/cost of something to the point of trying to get it for less than you got it for? Entirely true with every Jewish customer I've ever encountered

This is our most educated part of the country, huh.

Corey is proof that Metal can damage certain people.

As much as a bad stereotype as it is, I find it to be more and more true every time I have to deal with them for work:

Jewish businessmen.

Sounds like you hate some dude who IS a Jew, and not that you hate Jews.

Still, fuck you, you brain-dead prick. Your band sucks.

Jewish businessmen.

I didn't say I hated Jews. I said I hated Jewish businessmen. There's a difference. Every one I've encountered fits into the stereotype. That's just one example.

So yes, I'm brain dead because I see a group of people that genuinely fit a negative stereotype. Cool. Next?

I thought you could tell because they wanted a pound of your flesh if you didn't pay up.

Also Corey described nearly every single person that comes into my store over the age of 65, and I know that most of them aren't Jewish.

"for a wicked good time!"

Pete's Wicked Ale.

All those jokes about them having annoying voices, needing glasses, wearing expensive clothing, and all the while trying to get you to lower the price/cost of something to the point of trying to get it for less than you got it for? Entirely true with every Jewish customer I've ever encountered

This is our most educated part of the country, huh.

the most educated guy i've known, had the abselute worst, sterotypical Boston accent ever. he looks like a Fortune 500 CEO, but he sounds like Frankie the cabbie :lol:

Jewish businessmen.

I didn't say I hated Jews. I said I hated Jewish businessmen. There's a difference. Every one I've encountered fits into the stereotype. That's just one example.

So yes, I'm brain dead because I see a group of people that genuinely fit a negative stereotype. Cool. Next?

Yeah, whatever, assfuck. You hate this one dude, and maybe another dude, and you hate Jewish businessmen? Fuck you.

Guest Jesus Freaks on Coke

It must be the "needing glasses" that fuels the fire.

You know what angers me? The fact every black friend I have can pull off any look he wants, but whitey over here can only pull off like one or two. *grumble*

In a broad way, the Mormon religion annoys me... sort of... but all the Mormons I've known have been great people.

Morman's are really nice, but it's super annoying when they go door to door trying to convert pepole.