TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Black on white hate isn't reverse racism. It's racism.

I don't see the difference, it's still treating one person better than another because they're a different shade of crayola.

That's kinda exactly the point. There is no difference. Treating people in a certain way based on their skin color is racism. It doesn't matter what color you are, or what color they are; if you're a black man who hates Asian people, you're racist. If you're a Mexican who hates Indians, you're racist.

Problems that can't easily be solved because neither side - if even they each truthfully believe they aren't the problem - can admit fault. No, this isn't something "deep" about religious wars or something petty about relationship arguments (though those suck too) - it's just me complaining about my recent string of WWE 24/7 problems.

WWE takes the stance that they send EVERYTHING to the cable companies and it's their sole responsibility to properly update. Sometimes their automatic updating system fails and the cable company is supposed to notice this and manually adjust it.

The cable company says "Hey, we put everything up we were sent, call us on the telephone (side annoyance: Having to call human beings in the computer age - just read my e-mail, guys!) to tell us what's missing so we can call WWE and tell them to send it".

This solves nothing.

Except when you send an e-mail you aren't going to the local office I would imagine. Calling does take you there.

That's kinda exactly the point. There is no difference. Treating people in a certain way based on their skin color is racism. It doesn't matter what color you are, or what color they are; if you're a black man who hates Asian people, you're racist. If you're a Mexican who hates Indians, you're racist.

Categorizing people as races is, by definition, racist.

Noun

The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes

No two people look alike, and I think it's stupid to look at people by races. We're all just people.

Guest The Elements of Style

There's not going to be an intelligent discussion involving race in this thread. There might be an intelligent discussion involving the phrase "there's not going to be an intelligent discussion involving race in this thread," though.

Yes, I consider myself the least racist person imaginable, and I still am like a half step away from being a Neo-Nazi, and will call any black person who irritates me a nigger.

You see, racism isn't a prejudice, it's a tool, like a butcher knife or a harpoon or, a... an alligator.

i'm angry at allowing myself to be scared of D. even though i know i could kick her ass. only being the better person has stopped me...

and by that i mean, don't underestimate my strength.

You know when women get all pissed off after you do some shit like piss in their coffee or cheat on her with her best friend, you know, trivial shit, and then they're ready to kick your ass? And then you remember, "I'm a man, and this is a woman. Threatening me. With punches. I'm twice her weight."

Funny how that works.

You know when women get all pissed off after you do some shit like piss in their coffee or cheat on her with her best friend, you know, trivial shit, and then they're ready to kick your ass? And then you remember, "I'm a man, and this is a woman. Threatening me. With punches. I'm twice her weight."

Funny how that works.

it's rare that my male counterparts outweigh me :P

You couldn't kick anyone's ass. You'd fall over dead of a heart attack mid-way through one punch. You're really fat, you see.

hahahahahaha.

Guest Smues

When someone wants to ride with you so they don't have to drive themselves, then bitch about the way you drive/the routes you take/etc. And then of course when it comes time to park they always try to get you to park somewhere you shouldn't because "Oh I park here all the time they NEVER give tickets" because they're not the ones at risk. And then of course when the traffic cop shows up "What the hell this NEVER happens!"

For an example about the bitching about the way you drive, I drive the speed limit 99% of the time, and I don't switch lanes to pass people all that often as long as they're going close to the speed limit. I get people all the time bitching that I should go faster, which they could have done had they driven themselves. And like with the parking tickets, it's me at risk of the speeding ticket, not them, so they can fuck off.

Hey bob_barron, if it bothers you so much when people don't use the shift key, why is your name all in lower case?

answer. it's really bothering me that you bitch at everyone for this but don't even use caps in your own name.

Funny how that works.

I tend to let them punch/kick me anyways. They end up hurting themselves more in the process, because I'll either move and they'll hit something around me, or I'll just block quick and they'll get hurt. Has never failed me in the 10 years or so that I've been pissing females off.

When people call my large raises in poker all the way down to the river with an A high or flush draw and then hit their stupid card. Fuck you, you fucks. You're gunna call me all in and hope you hit your Ace, Really?

When people raise your small bet to all in. If you have the cards, you want me to call and shouldn't be raising that much. If you're bluffing, that's a stupid bluff because you just took yourself out of the game if I call you.

I've only been punched by a girl once, come to think of it. Girl I used to work with, she was out for a few months from a car accident, when she came back I said "Oh, we were all hoping you were dead." I ended up getting fired for calling her a dumb bitch.

When people call my large raises in poker all the way down to the river with an A high or flush draw and then hit their stupid card. Fuck you, you fucks. You're gunna call me all in and hope you hit your Ace, Really?

When people raise your small bet to all in. If you have the cards, you want me to call and shouldn't be raising that much. If you're bluffing, that's a stupid bluff because you just took yourself out of the game if I call you.

I hate most people I play poker with too.

More left-turn bike adventures today. Got into the left lane to make a turn, some guy laid on his horn, and I gave him the finger as he went past. A black girl yelled "YOU CAN'T DO THAT, YOU'RE NOT IN A CAR" at me... which I guess either is referencing me making the left turn, or giving the guy the finger. Then some black homeless guy walking down the street told me that my punk ass would get beat if I did something like that again. To which I told him what I did was completely legal, and he scoffed it off like he was still right.

I hate most people I play poker with too.

I hate people who play poker, mostly. The only one I like playing with is my brother, because I can blatantly cheat and he doesn't care. He's good to play Monopoly with too, I always have my Ghetto Blaster keyed up with "Bling Bling" for every time he lands on my property.

Agent once speculated that I would be really good at either chess or poker. No, I'm actually just average at both. Trivial Pursuit I'm good at. I will annihilate anyone at that.

Guest Vitamin X
More left-turn bike adventures today. Got into the left lane to make a turn, some guy laid on his horn, and I gave him the finger as he went past. A black girl yelled "YOU CAN'T DO THAT, YOU'RE NOT IN A CAR" at me... which I guess either is referencing me making the left turn, or giving the guy the finger. Then some black homeless guy walking down the street told me that my punk ass would get beat if I did something like that again. To which I told him what I did was completely legal, and he scoffed it off like he was still right.

You just started mostly-commuting by bike, right?

Get used to it. People in cars are fucking stupid in regards to this:

144972457_8755360480_o.jpg

which is posted in spots all over the Bay Area, from what I saw.

21202. (a) Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at that time shall ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except under any of the following situations: (1) When overtaking and passing another bicycle or vehicle proceeding in the same direction.

(2) When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

(3) When reasonably necessary to avoid conditions (including, but not limited to, fixed or moving objects, vehicles, bicycles, pedestrians, animals, surface hazards, or substandard width lanes) that make it unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb or edge, subject to the provisions of Section 21656. For purposes of this section, a "substandard width lane" is a lane that is too narrow for a bicycle and a vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.

(4) When approaching a place where a right turn is authorized.

(b) Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway of a highway, which highway carries traffic in one direction only and has two or more marked traffic lanes, may ride as near the left-hand curb or edge of that roadway as practicable.

You might want to get a patch or something on a messenger bag like I've seen a lot of people do here in Portland (with the appropriate ORS statue listed instead of the CVC, of course) and it seems to work somewhat well.

Trivial Pursuit I'm good at. I will annihilate anyone at that.

oh man, you're on. someone set up a long distance Trivial Pursuit game!

You might want to get a patch or something on a messenger bag like I've seen a lot of people do here in Portland (with the appropriate ORS statue listed instead of the CVC, of course) and it seems to work somewhat well.

I've been biking for about 2 months now. But yeah, the bike laws have been in place for the last 16,000 years (wikipedia.org), and mostly, they're just common sense. Share the road, and I'm allowed to take left turns. But that's a good idea, I might have to do that. Maybe just a flyer or something to give to the driver who gets pissed off at me for taking a left when they hit their next red light.

Guest Smues

I'm amazed people think it's illegal for bikers to make left turns. Do they think riding a bike means you can only go in a circle or something?

I'm sure there's a large portion that thinks that I have to ride on the sidewalk or something too. Or take 3 right turns when I want to turn left.

Oh, there was one time when I was riding in my friend's car down the road, and I spanked a cyclist as we passed him.

I hate it when your boss gives you a giant (and I mean GIANT) stack of expense reports from 2007 and an excel file with 349 questions from a client auditor about said expense reports and then asks you if you can have all of the questions answered by end of the day Thursday.

Yeah, sure, dipshit. Sorting through this giant pile of paper in search of a receipt for a $45 lunch on May 13 of last year and then repeating that process 348 more times before Thursday won't be a problem at all...

FUCK!