TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Czech forgot about the Tweety Bird shirts with Attitude, like Tweety giving a mean face and "I'm the Boss" written on it.

They make those? I haven't seen them, though that does make me think of the "Looney Toons in (mid-90's) hip-hop gear" t-shirts that were prevalent during my HS days

Yeah, I see at least two or three overweight white trash women screaming at their kids wearing what I call Tune `Tude shirts a week. I think they get them at the Wal-Mart. I put them on the same level as people who have the faux-Calvin pissing on something decal on the back of their car/truck. IE people I want to avoid prolonged contact with at all costs.

RE: Nightwing and Tinkerbell, I figured as much since I recall you posting about your unicorn or fairy shirts before, and that works for you.

When I go through a Drive Thru and they push a certain item on me. Which is fine, but when I say no, and then they double dip with the same item at the end.

No, I don't want a freakin' Churro.

I'm always nice about it, but it bothers me that it's company policy to ask about the same item twice.

You know what's worse than that? The reason it's company policy is that it often works. Think about that.

And what drive thru has churros anyway? I love those things.

Seriously. I'd get them all the time. Wow, what a world if they offered you churros.

Taco Bell now has this delicious little strawberry fruit ice... thing. It's crushed ice and strawberry shit. I'm a fag for anything fruit drink, but this one is especially good. Try it out sometime.

I'm always nice about it, but it bothers me that it's company policy to ask about the same item twice.

I always hated shit like that where they force the minimum-wage kids to do the shilling. I've had to do it at a couple jobs. Working the cash register at a bookstore, they had a policy that we ask every customer to give us their email address so we could spam them with shit. Sadly, I had some kind of a bizarre talent at getting people to actually do this, and our store's rate of getting email addresses was higher than all the other stores in the district based solely on my personal numbers. That felt rather telemarkety on my part.

But the worst was working the concessions at a movie theater, where any time anyone ordered anything we were required to ask if they wanted to go a size higher. If you ordered a small popcorn, "Are you sure you wouldn't like to try a medium instead?" and so on, also for drinks and combos. Lots of people got annoyed we were trying to push that on them. Once I got sandbagged by an economics professor who was royally pissed off that I asked him that, and he literally proceeded to argue with and bitch at me for the next five minutes... while we were in the middle of the seven o'clock rush, while the people behind him were nearly rioting. A manager came out to take him off to the side, and out of the corner of my eye I saw the old guy keep complaining for like fifteen more minutes. Ugh.

You know what's worse than that? The reason it's company policy is that it often works. Think about that.

And what drive thru has churros anyway? I love those things.

Del Taco... I got them once. Nothing to great.

But the worst was working the concessions at a movie theater, where any time anyone ordered anything we were required to ask if they wanted to go a size higher. If you ordered a small popcorn, "Are you sure you wouldn't like to try a medium instead?" and so on, also for drinks and combos. Lots of people got annoyed we were trying to push that on them.

I know exactly what you are talking about. Literally, from personal experience. But the reality is that movie theater companies make dick off of ticket sales and depend, very heavily, on concession sales to stay in business.

eh they do that at fast food joints as well. I don't get mad, I just tell them "No, thanks." It's annoying, but what can you do, they're just doing their jobs.

Guest Smues

The one that bugs me is "If your cashier does not offer you a combo see the manager for a free movie ticket" or other varieties of that. Sure I'd love a free ticket, but if I go to the manager he's just going to yell at the poor employee for not shilling shit to me, when I didn't want him shilling the shit anyway.

I don't think I've seen that before...I have seen, at Village Inn, "if your server doesn't ask you if you would like a piece of pie, you can get that piece of pie for free."

Guest Smues
I don't think I've seen that before...I have seen, at Village Inn, "if your server doesn't ask you if you would like a piece of pie, you can get that piece of pie for free."

I see them a lot at Regal movie theaters. The really annoying part is if I'm already ordering a combo, they still have to offer me one.

"Could I get a number 3 combo with a large pink lemonade Hi-C?"

"Will that be all for you today?"

"Yes."

"...could I interest you in a combo?"

I will say in defense of the poor theater worker, that most of the time they do get reamed out if they don't ask you about a combo, as their are mystery shoppers coming by all the time that check if you are doing. The good news is that if they get a good report then the manager normally gives them $50-$100 cash.

The good news is that if they get a good report then the manager normally gives them $50-$100 cash.

Where the hell does that happen? I worked at both a Regal and a Carmike theater, and no manager ever did anything remotely like that.

The good news is that if they get a good report then the manager normally gives them $50-$100 cash.

Where the hell does that happen? I worked at both a Regal and a Carmike theater, and no manager ever did anything remotely like that.

Maybe it's cuz you sucked, jingles?

I get a bonus if I sell 50% damage waiver on Mondays or Fridays.

And that's what pisses me off about my job. I hate having to push that stupid damage waiver. I mean, yeah it's probably a good idea to get because it means you're not responsible for the rental car at all.

But, we're required to get 3 no's from customers. So I'm sitting here pushing this thing on them when they want to use their insurance. I wouldn't care if our promotions weren't based on those numbers. It's like, I hate the customers that don't take it. Fuckers are costing me a promotion! Of course if you tried to tell the company that they'd just say "Well it's not their fault they didn't take it, it's your fault for not selling it."

Guest Smues

Oh those damn damage waivers. Don't get me wrong, its a smart buy, and I always get it, no need to be hassled into it, I'm asking for it before they have the chance. But they suck because they'll end up doubling the cost of the rental, and there aren't any discounts or full week rates on them, just (usually) $25 a day every day.

Where do you work?

The friggin person in front of me in the cashier's line paid for their generic soda and whatever else they had with ten dollars worth of loose change. Not even quarters, goddamn nickels and shit, all in a little baggie. Took like 5 minutes to count it and put it all in the right slots.

My store has a change counting machine to fix problems like that (ie you pour your fuckton of change into it and get a print out for a minimal fee and you go to the service desk for a card with that much on it).

I kinda hate having to dig for a penny to give exact change when someone is behind me, let alone dealing with a ton of change.

Guest Smues

I'm sure I've bitched about this before, probably in this thread, but I hate when people at the grocery store are getting a lot of groceries, there's no bagger besides the cashier, and not only do they not help the cashier bag their groceries but they're rude to him/her and picky about how they bag them. Last night the store was pretty crowded and they didn't have anyone available to bag in the lane we were in. The lady ahead of us had a decent amount of groceries, looked able enough, but wouldn't lift a finger to help the poor cashier bag the shit. And she was really bitchy about it with the "BIG SURE TO DOUBLE BAG. THIS STUFF IS HEAVY!" snapping at him. Plus the guy wasn't the fastest cashier in the world, so she was getting really impatient with him. Is it really that hard to bag some of the shit yourself? When I got up there a bagger became available and came over to bag my stuff, and I still helped.

My dad refuses to do bag his own stuff because "bagging my groceries is something I'm paying them for." It's the same logic by which he refuses to use a self-checkout of any kind.

My dad refuses to do bag his own stuff because "bagging my groceries is something I'm paying them for." It's the same logic by which he refuses to use a self-checkout of any kind.

Unless I have a couple of items, self checkout can actually take longer. I almost always have some produce items in my cart, plus the lack of surface space usually makes for a big pain in the ass. Don't even get me started on technical malfunctions where you have to wait for an employee or purchasing alcohol.

I prefer to take a breather while rifling through my wallet. And I'm much nicer to the clerks than anybody else they have to deal with... hell, sometimes I'm nicer than the clerks themselves.

Oh those damn damage waivers. Don't get me wrong, its a smart buy, and I always get it, no need to be hassled into it, I'm asking for it before they have the chance. But they suck because they'll end up doubling the cost of the rental, and there aren't any discounts or full week rates on them, just (usually) $25 a day every day.

Where do you work?

Enterprise. It really depends on what region you are for the pricing.

Ours is 14 a day for insurance customers (29 for the full coverage) and 16 a day for retail (31 for full coverage).

For some reason there's a lot of accidents in this area, but I hear in some parts of Texas the damn thing is only like 9.99 a day. I always say "If this was 7-10 bucks a day it'd be soooo much easier to sell."

The funniest thing is the people that have been in wrecks and the other persons insurance is paying for the rental. They only pay for the actual car rental. But, people think they should have everything given to them because they were bumped into at McDonalds or whatever. I've had people flip out and say they aren't paying for gas because the other person hit them or that their insurance isn't covering it's the person who hit them.

Of course it's your insurance because you are driving the car. But, people don't seem to get that.

I also love cash customers. We have certain steps and qualification requirements if you're trying to rent a car with just cash. Some people flip out over it. One lady said "I used to be able to walk in with 50 bucks and I'd be able to leave with a car!"