TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

The fact that my fridge doesn't have a damn meat drawer. I have all sorts of meat in fridge right now, and there's no meat drawer. Can you buy that separately?

Yeah, actually, I do. My meat starts to freeze over if it's just in the fridge, and, according to my parents, that's because it's not in a drawer.

Yeah, actually, I do. My meat starts to freeze over if it's just in the fridge, and, according to my parents, that's because it's not in a drawer.

Or your fridge is running too cold.

A woman in my English literature class by the name of Lynn. Our teacher is trying to help us to gain a better understanding of the novels we're reading by explaning the intentions of the novelists who wrote them, and Lynn keeps protesting against the knowledge that she's imparting to us by saying 'Don't you think (insert writer's name here) would have been writing because he/she liked to write?'. She was almost as terrible as this in history last year. The kicker? She's in her thirties.

She sounds stupid but she's (partially) right as authorial intent really is completely irrelevant when it comes to understanding/analyzing a text.

I wish I was a famous author so I could write a book that was the opposite of what I meant, and those ivory tower intellectuals can put that in their pipes and smoke it.

A woman in my English literature class by the name of Lynn. Our teacher is trying to help us to gain a better understanding of the novels we're reading by explaning the intentions of the novelists who wrote them, and Lynn keeps protesting against the knowledge that she's imparting to us by saying 'Don't you think (insert writer's name here) would have been writing because he/she liked to write?'. She was almost as terrible as this in history last year. The kicker? She's in her thirties.

She sounds stupid but she's (partially) right as authorial intent really is completely irrelevant when it comes to understanding/analyzing a text.

I don't know if this is sarcasm or not.

I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah, based on the PAPOYF thread:

A) Your fridge is pathetic. And filthy.

B) I am baffled by all of the fucking meat that you have (assuming that it is only intended for one person). That shit tends to expire quickly. No good could come of it. Unless you are severing second and third parties. Then carry on.

This is in no way a personal attack.

My fridge isn't dirty at all. The little bin thing at the bottom is, but that's just blood. I make all my meals, and I eat meat with every meal. That's why I have so much. It's not even all that much in reality either. The sausage is the only thing that takes me a while to eat because, well, there aren't many sausage dishes. And hey, I'm a college student. Most of my stuff is in the cupboard anyways. I just really don't want to post that because there's chef boyardee shit that my roommate eats all the time.

Guest Vitamin X
My fridge isn't dirty at all. The little bin thing at the bottom is, but that's just blood. I make all my meals, and I eat meat with every meal. That's why I have so much. It's not even all that much in reality either. The sausage is the only thing that takes me a while to eat because, well, there aren't many sausage dishes. And hey, I'm a college student. Most of my stuff is in the cupboard anyways. I just really don't want to post that because there's chef boyardee shit that my roommate eats all the time.

That's all cool, but the best thing for you to do is to freeze your meats then bring them down to the fridge in the morning or afternoon to let it thaw if you think you might be eating it later. Worse comes to worse, you can always put your meat back in the freezer if you decide you don't want it, as long as you do it in the same day or so (this prevents harmful bacteria from forming since they should only be thriving in temperatures above what your fridge is).

The frost on your meat might also be coming from it being exposed to cold air, this will happen regardless of a drawer or not. The best thing you can do, aside from checking that your fridge isn't running too cold, obviously, is to vacuum pack that shit. I have a pretty cheap method of doing that- I put that in a ziplock bag, put a straw in it (not touching raw meat if you're squeamish about it getting sucked up, but works for anything else) then close it up completely, suck the air out and in one quick motion, close the bag while taking the straw out. It pretty much eliminates the risk of freezer burn, the hassle of wrapping/packing things, and it keeps shit fresh in the freezer and fridge for a longer time.

Good suggestions. I need to get some plastic bags. My parents owe me some money and I'm getting a check today, so that'll be one of the things that I go buy today.

I cannot stand it when my coworkers freely break the rules for our patrons, which, in turn, somehow makes me the bad guy whenever I do my job and stand firm.

Good Lord... i randomly thought I'd play NCAA 2000, just cause I wanted a trip down memory lane....

My PS 2 wouldn't read it....

Then i tried installing both Scrabble and Word Munchers onto my CPU. Neither would boot up

Thank god I'm drinking tonight........

Getting hassled by my girlfriend to figure out something to do tonight when there's a plethora of different options, and it's only 5:30 when nothing good happens until around 8 anyway.

I now want a burger.

Wendy's getting rid of the Spicy Baconator pisses me off. Best fast food burger I've ever had, and they get the fuck rid of it. Why? Jalapeno's cost too much, you fuckers?!

It's a promotional sandwich. Don't worry, it'll be back in about a year.

I now want a burger.

Wendy's getting rid of the Spicy Baconator pisses me off. Best fast food burger I've ever had, and they get the fuck rid of it. Why? Jalapeno's cost too much, you fuckers?!

It's a promotional sandwich. Don't worry, it'll be back in about a year.

It will be, though I'm certain that one could do an acceptable job of duplicating the burger itself. You know, frying up the bacon and what not and putting it on top of whichever already-existing-burger that they added to.

Like Bobili and shit.

Speaking of plastic bags...

When the hell are Walmart checkers going to figure out that if you rotate the bag carousel AWAY from the customer, we can't reach the bags? It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the funny look I always get from the checker when I ask for them to push the thing to a position I can actually reach so I can get the rest of my stuff. Then they get all impatient because when they're ready for me to pay, I'm still loading my cart because I couldn't reach my crap until now. It's like they're incapable of understanding I'M the one buying the stuff, and I'M the one who actually wants to take it home with me.

I cannot stand it when my coworkers freely break the rules for our patrons, which, in turn, somehow makes me the bad guy whenever I do my job and stand firm.

That shit happens to me all the time. Or when you enforce a rule that a customer disagrees with and they act like you're trying to inconvenience them on purpose and they flip out about it.

Like this lady that was picking a car up for her son. He wasn't coming in until the next day so she was going to drive it all day and then most of the next day and pick him up at the airport with it.

Well, to legally drive one of our cars you have to be put on the contract as an additional driver. AND whoever is picking the car up has to be the main driver. And we have to have your drivers license info to actually put you on the contract.

So she comes in and I explain the 5 dollar additional driver fee. She of course flips out about it and claims she's not an additional driver and she's just here to rent it for her son and give it to him tomorrow. I say "But to legally drive the car you have to be on the contract, thus you are the additional driver."

She argues that she's not because she's just driving it today. I try to explain to her again that to drive it she has to be on the contract.

She tells me to just do it, but put the contract in her sons name. I ask her if she has her sons drivers license. She of course doesn't. I ask if she can call and get the info. She says no. So then I explain to her she has to rent the car in her name and then when he arrives at the airport he'll have to go to the airport and add himself as the additional driver.

She of course flips out over that too. Then she really goes nuclear when I explain that because the contract is in her name then it's her insurance that has to cover the car not his. So, if her son damages the car then it's her ass.

I mean I don't think I was wrong here. It makes perfect sense to need someone's drivers license info to rent the car to them. I mean I can't just say "Ok here I'm renting it in your sons name. I have no clue if he's actually legal to drive or not!" And on top of that when you rent the car you have to sign a bunch of places. She couldn't rent it in his name and then sign for him on a contract.

People who call my branch of the company looking for our Albany, NY branch...just after 7am or just before 5pm...and claim they're always calling the Albany office. Yeah, pal, if you were, then you'd know that it doesn't open until 8:30am, and closes at 4pm. Douches.

That McDonalds commercial where this dude keeps going around to places going "what can I get for a dollar?" Dude's an asshole

Ever have to deal with "that dude" in person?

That McDonalds commercial where this dude keeps going around to places going "what can I get for a dollar?" Dude's an asshole

Ever have to deal with "that dude" in person?

Yes, more then a few times at my dad's bookstore