TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

The po-lice at my school anger me right now. Due to the fact that there is construction all over campus and parking is a bitch even without it, I usually try to find places to park on the street outside of school. So I park along the street in a section that is only hour-long parking. Fine, I thought, because I didn't anticipate being there for longer than an hour anyway.

Well, I was. As a matter of fact, I was there for an hour and FOUR MINUTES. So as I'm walking back to my truck, there's a parking enforcement fag wannabe cop dude standing there writing me a ticket. I rush over, not even realizing I had gone over and he tells me that he's giving me a ticket for parking over the time limit. He marked me there at 10:14 a.m. and I got there 11:18 a.m.

I'd totally understand the fine if I wasn't WALKING TO MY CAR TO MOVE IT as he was there writing the ticket. Like, if I had never come out to leave then by all means slide that ticket right under my windshield. I realize I did break the law here, but a ticket for being parked there four minutes over when I'm about to leave? I just think the guy could have cut me a little slack there.

I told him as much but he either didn't seem to understand what I was saying or wasn't really paying attention. He was mexican, if that matters at all.

The po-lice at my school anger me right now. Due to the fact that there is construction all over campus and parking is a bitch even without it, I usually try to find places to park on the street outside of school. So I park along the street in a section that is only hour-long parking. Fine, I thought, because I didn't anticipate being there for longer than an hour anyway.

Well, I was. As a matter of fact, I was there for an hour and FOUR MINUTES. So as I'm walking back to my truck, there's a parking enforcement fag wannabe cop dude standing there writing me a ticket. I rush over, not even realizing I had gone over and he tells me that he's giving me a ticket for parking over the time limit. He marked me there at 10:14 a.m. and I got there 11:18 a.m.

I'd totally understand the fine if I wasn't WALKING TO MY CAR TO MOVE IT as he was there writing the ticket. Like, if I had never come out to leave then by all means slide that ticket right under my windshield. I realize I did break the law here, but a ticket for being parked there four minutes over when I'm about to leave? I just think the guy could have cut me a little slack there.

I told him as much but he either didn't seem to understand what I was saying or wasn't really paying attention. He was mexican, if that matters at all.

There is a side street near campus here that they all got together and voted to ban parking on the street unless you have a special tag that homeowners can get from the city. However the sign posted is in the schools colors and just reads, "No Parking Without a Permit" so inevitably incoming freshman get nailed for 75 dollar parking tickets because they don't know the rule.

There's a tiny bit of school owned property there too, and you can fit a car in that spot, one day I got the money spot and parked. My BUMPER was slightly past the sign and the pedophile looking douchebag that has nothing better to do than call the cops when anyone under the age of 30 parks on this street ran out and stood in front of my car because he'd called the cops to come and write me a ticket for violating the parking rule. I'd been gone for less than five minutes to drop off a paper to a professor in the building across the street. I told the dude to move, and he foolishly sat on the hood of my car and when the cop came I told him I wanted to press charges for false imprisonment and kidnapping or something because he wasn't letting me leave and the dude nearly shat himself.

The cop looked at where I was parked and proceeded to yell at the guy for wasting his time.

The best part was when one of the frats bought the house across the street from this guy and would give anyone who wanted to pay 15 dollars an "Initiate" status parking pass to park on the street.

When a customer reaches over your head to grab a product with no warning, then acts as if you're the rude one when you stand up quickly in a startled fashion.

Guest Vitamin X
I would've just pulled a Randy Moss.

Caught a touchdown pass and then feigned mooning the crowd? Well, I guess that would distract the cop.

No, dude.

There's no sound from my tv, and South Park's going to be on in 40 minutes. I could just download the episode, but I shouldn't have to.

You didn't miss much, so don't worry.

galaxy.jpg

That's the movie theatre here. Only 6 screens, but considering we went like 3 or 4 years without one, it's not bad. See that big 'Big Ticket Tuesdays' poster? Well, for the past month or so, it's been a poster for Religulous, which is the first time I can remember that that space has actually been used to promote an actual film. You'd think that would mean that that movie would actually be here, but of course not. This city is so fucking awful.

I used to work in a theatre like that. I remember that we'd get posters for really cool looking movies ("High Tension", "Zodiac") and we never got them. "Joe Dirt" was poular there too.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Yeah, but on my left foot that isn't the case. My second toe is just a tad shorter than my big toe. My girlfriend has this phenomena as well.

ME TOO! Fuckin, we're toe brothers.

Guest Vitamin X

And out here, it's more like early December, but then again, that would be more like mid-October for you guys.

It's like 70 degrees right now. How the hell is it 70 on an October night?

Same here. Warm ass night for the middle of October

I wish it was 70. Freezing my balls off as its 26 right now. Damn my living ass living in isolation.

Same here. Warm ass night for the middle of October

Damn my living ass living in isolation.

Would your dying ass be any warmer? Well, maybe if it was underground. But maybe not if it was underground. That's a hell of a discussion right there. Would a corpse be, for lack of a better description, cold-blooded like an alligator? Does the casket have any type of insulation?

Guest Vitamin X
The San Fernando Valley is on fire again.

Aren't you guys used to it by now? This happens every year. I think Mother Nature is just trying to extinguish Los Angeles' sprawl.

Guest Smues

I missed the first snows of the year because I was in Orlando :( Go figure it snowed pretty much right after I left too.

On the upside the Sunday snow stuck and I get to enjoy my winter wonderland.