TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

So.......all Italians anger you?

Keep in mind to a lot of Italians the term "connected" means being able to make a phone call to their boys who'll promptly show up at any parking lot in their lowered civics with the blue-light interior, ready to throw down.

So now UPS knocks on the door, gets me all excited that this "2nd day delivery" that is now on business day 5 has arrived, but no, it's an item for someone else (that they owe duty on to boot). Damn you shipping times!

Guest Smues

1. Just as I started to post yet another Josh Grobin Christmas song came on. Uck.

Anyway, 2. I can't get shit for reception at the office of the radio station I listen to so I have to stream it. That's not the complaint, the complaint is this radio station, like many others, has different ads on the internet stream than over the air. That's not the part that bugs me, although I do miss some of our awful local ads that they play over the air (I really need to record and upload the jingle for the Sourdough Mining Company, and get it stuck in everyone's head to share my misery). My complaint is that most radio stations that stream online, and this one especially, don't have that many internet steam commercials, so you hear the same 4-5 ads every damn break.

So what ads am I subjected to every break? A PSA on recognizing the signs of autism, a PSA on keeping your children safe, a PSA (see a pattern here?) on keeping kids in shape, and a PSA (O RLY?) for some comic book with Scruff McGruff. Yeah, I consider McGruff ads PSAs. I liked McGruff as a kid, but this commercial is beyond awful, as it's got his stupid kid 'rapping' the address you're supposed to mail to get the comic. So every commercial break I get "Scruff, McGruff, Chicago Illinois, 6-0-6-5-2" stuck even deeper into my head. Ugg. There might be one or two other commercials but those 4 get played every damned break.

Edit: Ok the other ads I forgot about are a PSA about diabeetus, what I think counts as a PSA for feedthepig.org (it's brought o you by the AICPA(!) and the Ad Council), and an ad for USO, so that's not a PSA woohoo!

Ok so that's like 7 ads, but still, between every two commercial breaks I've heard them all. AND THE GOD DAMNED MCGRUFF AD IS ON AGAIN IT PLAYS EVERY BREAK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SCRUFF MCGRUFF CHICAGO ILLINOIS SIX OH SIX FIVE TWOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was watching Sportscenter today and they were showing clips from the Davison game. Davison was down most of the game, and didn't win it till near the very end...however if you saw just the highlights you'd think they won by 50. Not a single clip for the other team...that was up almost the entire game

Sportscenter in general blows. When I was in Vegas, I was waiting for my fiancee to get ready and for the first twenty minutes was talk/discuss about Plaxico Burress. I don't know how you Americans can actually tolerate it.

There's a wonderful invention called "the internet".

I haven't seen a sportscenter or espnews in probably six months. Hockey highlights on the NHL network and MLB highlights soon to be on the MLB network next month.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I don't really mind ESPN. Crazy, but for sports I like but hardly follow, like the NBA, it's perfect. Highlights and a few stats.

How much worse is SportsCenter compared to SportsCentre? I think the former is pretty good, but I haven't seen the American equivalent since...I don't even remember. What makes the American version so bad? They're pretty similar as far as production goes, aren't they?

Guest Vitamin X

Even worse than ESPN is Fox Sports.

Much as I dislike Yahoo! for any of its other services, I love love love their sports online. CBS also has a traditionally strong sports department since they merged with Sportsline/Sporting News. Hell in a odd sort of way, CBS is part of TSM history, since they own Sportsline, who used to own Wrestleline, who used to be affiliated with Rantsylvania/SKeith's whole thing and thus begetting TSM.

ESPN is something you rarely watch for more than an hour unless you're watching a game on that particular channel. Sportscenter is a total waste of time when you can watch recaps/highlights online with no commercial interruptions. ESPNEWS does a better job of this since they just recap scores and highlights, as well as show the sports news for the day, with little analysis or interviews going on.

I have no idea how much better TSN probably is, though. Doesn't seem like much since 20% of the network is owned by the same douchebags as down here.

How much worse is SportsCenter compared to SportsCentre? I think the former is pretty good, but I haven't seen the American equivalent since...I don't even remember. What makes the American version so bad? They're pretty similar as far as production goes, aren't they?

Its a lot worse and the anchors have zero personality.

So.......all Italians anger you?

Keep in mind to a lot of Italians the term "connected" means being able to make a phone call to their boys who'll promptly show up at any parking lot in their lowered civics with the blue-light interior, ready to throw down.

So the new generation of guidos have evolved from the IROC to the Civic I see

Guest Vitamin X

I went out last night with a group of people- let's say friend of a friend of a friend, something like that, and it was sort of a nice Mexican place that had over 80 tequilas to choose from, and bunch of different, strong, tasty margaritas. Okay cool, I was down for that. Now the thing is this lady is like a veterinarian who makes like six figures and we sat down and she was like ordering a bunch of different "nibblies"- the server asked what she wanted to bring out and she was just like, "Oh, just surprise me everything you guys make is good." Now, knowing I was kind of broke and I wanted to just drink for the most part, I stayed away from eating a bunch of the food that was brought out except that the lady kept encouraging us to go ahead and eat it and try them- so I tried a few things, including a delicious oyster with this jalapeno icing thing on top and half of this one carnitas taco, and one piece of a ceviche. Hardly a full meal, but everyone was digging in and she kept encouraging us to eat. At the end of everything, she tells us the bill was like $153 for the food- I had spent like $25 on drinks for myself ($5 for tip added on so it was actually $30) and asks what we want to pitch in.

Um, how about nothing? I gave her like $10 for the few bites of food I had and she still shot me a dirty look. There were like 15-20 plates or so of food brought out, mostly appetizer-type fare, for about 6-7 people, btw. If you intend to order a bunch of stuff ("just surprise me!") for a whole group of people and encourage them to eat it and not be shy about it, you should also probably expect to have to pay most of it since we didn't order anything. These sorts of expectations should probably be kind of laid out at the beginning of the night, not really just at the end- if I had known I had to pitch in for the food, I would've actually eaten and not had to go out for food afterwards, and I still pitched in regardless. Stupid people.

Finding out my partner in a group project is borderline illiterate the night before it's due. Even if I had the time to make her work halfway decent, which I don't, I don't have the material with me to do so.

Stupid douche bag Hollister/Abercrombie kids who, two days before the final project is due, and after ALLLLL the other stuff is done, call you up and say "Oh, bro, I forgot to do it. Actually, I don't have the guidelines. I've been busy with shit. When's it due?" Oh, and the project is a "pass or fail" thing for all the people in it.

Ok, Chaaaad, this class might not be important to you and your parents have enough money to buy you out of hell and support you till you're 35, but...yeah. Not the case for me, you cunt.

Fuck him. I'm presenting my shit, and if he doesn't have his portion done, I'm narc'n the shit out of him. Fuck him and his stupid face.

That happened to me in high school. Senior english class we had to build a model of some kind from a book we read (can't remember what book). But we also had to write a book summary and answer a bunch of questions too. I took the summary/questions, he took the model making part. So of course, it comes down to the last weekend before xmas break. My stuff is done, had been for about a week. I tried calling him all weekend, finally his mom picks up the phone late sunday afternoon and tells me he's been out all weekend dirtbiking and camping. So I built a model too, I was up until like, 2 in the morning. I narced on him to the teacher. I got an A-, he got a D and had to do a bunch of work to bring his grade up so he could graduate. I think he barely squeaked by.

You know what pissed me off? The tux for my wedding yesterday. Never again will I wear a tux. The thing had like 50 layers and took forever to get on and off!

Oh and another thing that bugged me. Weddings aren't that fun when you're the one actually involved in it. You want to go mingle and talk to people, but then you get drug in 50 different directions by wedding planners, photographers and grandparents!

Why in the fuck is he posting on here the day after his wedding?

Because she was getting ready and we were going to go christmas shopping and I had to kill time and do something while she was getting ready. Come on, you guys know that bought me like 5-10 hours to post.

Getting a email about a job opportunity one day and they going to the place to file an application and they say "Sorry we have a hiring freeze until Febuary." Ok then Why did you email me? Damn Sears people.