TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Why in the fuck is he posting on here the day after his wedding?

Because she was getting ready and we were going to go christmas shopping and I had to kill time and do something while she was getting ready. Come on, you guys know that bought me like 5-10 hours to post.

Why the fuck are you going out shopping on your honeymoon? B-)

Why in the fuck is he posting on here the day after his wedding?

Because she was getting ready and we were going to go christmas shopping and I had to kill time and do something while she was getting ready. Come on, you guys know that bought me like 5-10 hours to post.

Why the fuck are you going out shopping on your honeymoon? B-)

Oh yeah, I guess not everyone read what I wrote in the sports folder.

We're both kind of broke (especially b/c of the wedding) so we're not having our honeymoon until March. We're saving our money until then.

Guest Smues

Normally a hotel losing my reservation is very annoying and anger provoking, but not something I'd bother to post here. Not tonight. As an anniversary gift my mother paid for my wife and I to stay at a pool suite tonight and tomorrow. She reserved it months ago, and called to confirm yesterday. When she called to confirm they said they had the reservation, and in kind of a snooty tone asked why she felt she needed to call to confirm, they have her credit card on the reservation so its not like theyd give it away. Well guess what they lost the reservation. Cocksuckers.

Guest Smues
Delaware and their annoying toll gouging!

Please explain. Is it just a complete ripoff the way they do it, or are you just bitching that they have tolls in the first place?

Jerry: I don't understand. Do you have my reservation?

Car Rental Assistant: We have your reservation, we just ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here, that's why you have the reservation!

Car Rental Assistant: I think I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

Jerry: I don't understand. Do you have my reservation?

Car Rental Assistant: We have your reservation, we just ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here, that's why you have the reservation!

Car Rental Assistant: I think I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

This plays through my head everyday when my manager says "Keep saying yes! Book every deal!"

and I say "But......we don't have that many cars. I can't book every deal." And he says "Just book!"

Then I have that awkward moment with the customer where they're wondering why their reservation isn't being honored.

Greedy bastards.

As has been established in this thread, I work at a Dish Network call center. This guy calls in today saying there's supposed to be a 20 dollar adjustment on his bill that's not there. There are no notes on the account (which doesn't necessarily mean the customer is lying, but without the note we can't do anything without supervisor approval). BUT the customer is getting a 10 dollar credit for the next 12 months. The customer says "I don't know anything about that, that's great"....then continues to bitch about not getting the 20 dollar credit.

Dude, by your own admission, you're coming out 100 dollars ahead over the next twelve months, and you want more? FUck you you greedy son of a bitch.

Guest Smues

I have no problem with cell phone laws. Get a hands free device, or put the thing on speaker phone.

Yeah I got a ticket for driving while talking on my cell phone. The law is completely stupid and if anything I'm more alert when I'm driving while talking on the phone...mainly cause I'm looking out for cops now.

I really don't like the blue tooth wireless stuff. I got one earlier in the year and it really sucked. People couldn't hear me, or I couldn't hear people. I was fooling around with the stupid blue tooth while driving more than I would ever mess around while holding my cell phone.

The law sucks, and just because a few people can't multi-task or try to do way to many things while driving shouldn't come down on me when I was going the speed limit and obeying all the signs and alert. Hell I even saw the cop when he was trying to gun people for speeding before he decided to pull me over.

Did Scroby get a ticket? If you did I'm glad. It's proven that cell phone use while driving increases your chances of accidents. Texting while driving makes you 10x as likely to have an accident. Or at least what I've read says so.

So does lighting a cigarette, or tuning a radio, and trying to eat while driving, but yet those things aren't illegal.

I can't imagine trying to text while driving a car.

Mind you, I'm so old-school I've never owned a cell or sent a text message, but doesn't that require you to like, look at your cell phone the whole time you're typing?

We've got the no cell-phones while driving law out here in Nova Scotia too, but I gotta say, I can't really see them putting it in place out in Alberta. You guys don't even need safety inspections, do you?

Guest Vitamin X
Yeah I got a ticket for driving while talking on my cell phone. The law is completely stupid and if anything I'm more alert when I'm driving while talking on the phone...mainly cause I'm looking out for cops now.

I really don't like the blue tooth wireless stuff. I got one earlier in the year and it really sucked. People couldn't hear me, or I couldn't hear people. I was fooling around with the stupid blue tooth while driving more than I would ever mess around while holding my cell phone.

The law sucks, and just because a few people can't multi-task or try to do way to many things while driving shouldn't come down on me when I was going the speed limit and obeying all the signs and alert. Hell I even saw the cop when he was trying to gun people for speeding before he decided to pull me over.

Did Scroby get a ticket? If you did I'm glad. It's proven that cell phone use while driving increases your chances of accidents. Texting while driving makes you 10x as likely to have an accident. Or at least what I've read says so.

So does lighting a cigarette, or tuning a radio, and trying to eat while driving, but yet those things aren't illegal.

Yeah dude, I know how you feel! I'm totally a great driver when I'm drunk, but that SUCKS that a few people had to go and ruin it for the rest of us!

So I spend three hours yesterday clearing out my parking spot of the snow, and ice so I can have a prayer of getting out of my parking lot via momentum because they don't salt the parking lot and it just makes black ice of death that my rear-wheel drive car just spins in, and I come home from hanging out with friends last night and some asshole is parked there.

I left a note on their car asking not to park in my spot because my car gets shitty traction.

I wind up walking to work at 6:30 this morning because my car couldn't get out of the spot I was forced into due to people parking wherever the fuck they want, and when I came back on lunch there was a note on my apartment door telling me that their car doesn't run well in the snow either.

So?

Clear your own damn spot, lazy bastards.

You know what's a shitty law? Being forced to wear a seatbelt.

A good law? No texting while driving. And I'll lean either way when it comes to talking and driving.

I was able to text on my phone without looking because I became so good at it, so I would text ppl while looking at the road and just close my phone, not even knowing if I made a typo or not. The cell phone law is in effect in Jersey as well, but not in PA, or Delaware. Which means every single time I cross the bridge, 9 out of 10 drivers are on their phones. It honestly does impair most people's ability to drive, and drivers in Jersey, PA, and Delaware suck anyway, so it's even worse. Fuck the people who can't put their phone on speaker or get a headseat.

I can't imagine trying to text while driving a car.

Mind you, I'm so old-school I've never owned a cell or sent a text message, but doesn't that require you to like, look at your cell phone the whole time you're typing?

We've got the no cell-phones while driving law out here in Nova Scotia too, but I gotta say, I can't really see them putting it in place out in Alberta. You guys don't even need safety inspections, do you?

Can you not type without looking at a keyboard? its the same thing with phones and I...

I've texted on one long enough that whether it's a POS 12 key phone or a full QWERTY smartphone like mine, I can text without looking and do it safely while driving

Guest Vitamin X

I can too, doesn't mean I should. In fact, you probably shouldn't be on the phone at all. Here's a study showing that anyone using the phone while driving, hands-free or not, is at a higher risk of getting into an accident or generally being a hazard towards others on the road. And here's another one more or less in the same vein. There's plenty of evidence of this, and it makes sense- you're operating a thousand pound (in some cases much more than that) vehicle and you're putting other peoples' lives unnecessarily at risk. The least you could do is wait until you can stop somewhere and talk to the person.

People need to learn how to multi-task then. It's not that hard to pay attention to the road while holding a cell phone to your ear. Seriously, I've driven large flat bed trucks while hauling thousands of pounds of tile and tile setting materials and holding my phone to my ear has never caused me to not pay attention to the road. If anything, fumbling around with a blue tooth or a headset has caused me to be distracted from the road.

Guest Vitamin X

It's not about learning to multi-task. It's about driving safely, considering you're operating a very heavy and dangerous, usually fast-moving machine that can easily kill, dismember, or otherwise cause great physical or, at the minimum, financial damage to another person.

And if you bothered to look into it, your brain cannot possible be 100% attentive to the road if you're talking on a cell phone, unless you are completely ignoring the person you're talking to. And if my 54, 55 year old mom (who also lives in the Bay Area) can figure out how to operate a bluetooth headset safely and easily, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to, either.

It's a $50 fucking ticket. Whatever. Wanna hear a shitty story? I got a $242 ticket a month ago (keep in mind I rarely drive since I don't have a car, so I use a car sharing service from time to time) and it was because I wasn't in the left-hand lane while a cop had pulled someone over. No one I had talked to had ever heard of the law before, but it's apparently there. Everyone knows about the cell phone law, you don't have an excuse and you deserve to have to pay it.

And if my 54, 55 year old mom

This doesn't really anger me, and it may not be the case with you, Leo, but it astounds me how so many people don't know their parents' birthdays or even their ages. I mean... how do you not know?

But as far as things that anger me, I have a rant about DirecTV coming when I have more time.