TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

A lady wasted an hour of my time yesterday over a dollar twenty.

I'm just working along, doing my thing, and I get a page from the Front Desk. I answer, get asked how much Avocados are, I ask which kind since we have two sizes, small. I tell her, Buck fifty, she relays this to the customer, and then says the customer on the phone said that it said they were fifty cents. I told her I'd check the sign real quick because sometimes numbers get knocked off.

I go out, and the sign says 1.50, however the 1 is a little bit behind the 5, still visible, but I could see how from a particular angle or a quick glance you'd miss it. I fix the 1, and tell this to the Front End girl. She says thanks, and I hang up, going back to my business.

About ten minutes later I come out of the back with a cart of stuff to fill shelves with an a lady rushes over to me.

"Are you the manager?"

"No, but I can help you with whatever you need."

She asks me about the avocados. I tell her, that the 1 was there, but kind of hidden, so I could see how she would be mistaken, and tell her if she brought the avocados back she could get a refund.

"I already used them, I had a salad I needed to make for a bookclub meeting, there wasn't a 1 there earlier."

I point out again that it was somewhat hidden, but it was there. And I tell her that if she has her receipt then I'd vouch that the sign was slightly messed up and we'd give her the difference.

"I don't have my receipt here."

And then she goes and retells her whole story again about how great a price she thought 50 cents each was. And that she tried pushing the sign over a bit thinking a number might be hidden or something, and she didn't feel anything when she slid the sign over. I tell her again, that I could see how she would think they where 50 cents, and all she has to do is bring back her receipt and we would be happy to make up the difference.

"Fine, I'll go get my receipt, and I guess I'll do my shopping elsewhere from now on out."

I apologized for the inconvenience and she stormed off. My boss called and asked if I could get to the price changes since he didn't have time in the morning, so I headed up to the office to get the print out, when I get a call. I answer, it's the freakin' Avocado Lady.

"Are your Avocados on sale?"

"No."

"Your sign is wrong, how come if it's marked 1.50 I got charged 1.29? You are trying to trick people. This is against the law, I'm going to call the Better Business Bureau."

So I explain that on Wednesdays some prices change in the system and later in the day we get a print out because it takes some time to make sure they all go through, I checked the list I had in my hand and sure enough Avocado's dropped from 2/3 to 1.29 each. I tell her this, and she still freaks out saying she doesn't like being called a liar, so I repeat that I believe her when she said she saw Avocado's .50 cents. The price dropped on them that day so she got charged 1.29 for them. Then she went on this tangent about how everything is so expensive and she's never going to shop our store again because she feels embarrassed that she got over charged and we all think she's a liar. I try to calm her down, saying that I believed her, and it was just an unfortunate series of events, and repeat that if she simply brings in her receipt we will gladly refund her money that she "over-paid" despite her getting it cheaper than the shelf-price.

"How will they know? They'll just think I'm lying to them."

I explain that I'd leave a note for the front end, and I restate my name and tell her if they need to they can call me at home to confirm she's telling the truth.

"I don't have time for all of this, you think I'm a liar. I don't like the way this makes me feel, I'm never shopping there again. You think I'm crazy."

Then she hung up the phone.

I forgot to ask if she ever came back in for her 1.20.

I generally fall asleep with the radio on when I'm at home so I wake up this morning and the DJs are talking about how there's freak 90 degree weather and ozone level warnings and not to let the pets and little kids out of the house. So I'm half awake and not fully with it and for some reason, I'm half convinced that the events of that Twilight Zone where the Earth sprung out of orbit and hurtled towards the Sun have come to fruition. I go down the stairs and walk out the door in my t-shirt and PJ bottoms and realize it's the same 10 degree weather we had yesterday and go back to bed. Turns out that the DJs are only trying to "cheer everybody up" by pretending its summer like weather out there. Damn them!

I guess the thing that angers me most though is my own guillbility.

I generally fall asleep with the radio on when I'm at home so I wake up this morning and the DJs are talking about how there's freak 90 degree weather and ozone level warnings and not to let the pets and little kids out of the house. So I'm half awake and not fully with it and for some reason, I'm half convinced that the events of that Twilight Zone where the Earth sprung out of orbit and hurtled towards the Sun have come to fruition. I go down the stairs and walk out the door in my t-shirt and PJ bottoms and realize it's the same 10 degree weather we had yesterday and go back to bed. Turns out that the DJs are only trying to "cheer everybody up" by pretending its summer like weather out there. Damn them!

Well, hurtling towards the Sun ended up just being a fever-induced dream, and the Earth was really moving away from the Sun and it was really cold, so maybe you weren't too far off...

Kind of a dumb gripe, but anyway...

My bank closed in town, and moved to a new location. The new place has different hours, including the weekend. Apparently none of the old staff wanted to work weekend hours, so they got relocated to various other branches. This new staff is too nice - yes, I said too nice. They're all programmed robots from the corporation, and most of them are as young as me and it's probably their first job out of school. As soon as you walk in, bankers are popping out of every corner to welcome you, ask you how you are doing, what can they do for me today. I get bombarded with friendliness when all I want to do is deposit my paycheck and get outta there. Then they all thank me for choosing their bank, and have a great day, and yada yada yada. I wouldn't say it aggravates me, but it's overkill.

Another minor pet peeve of mine. Whenever I happen to cut the cheese around him (which isn't all that often), my best friend always does the universal PU gesture and says "GOD! Why do your farts always smell so bad!?" Wha? I know my flatulance isn't the most fragrant scent in the world but is there a world of difference between a good smelling fart and a bad smelling one?

Maybe it's just me but when you're over the age of 11, isn't it generally common courtesy when someone else cuts one is to grimace and ignore it? Unless the fart is flagrantly audible or repetitive in which case its OK to giggle to your hearts content.

Besides the dude has B.O. and I've never told him to buy some deodrant in the fifteen years or so I've known him. Yet still he has better luck with the ladies than I. It's clear females prefer B.O. to flatulance.

Needless drama at work just completely pisses me the hell off. I don't have a problem with people that have issues in their lives. I understand it, I get it. But when they moan and whine needlessly about the boss, their boyfriend/girlfriend/mistress/FWB/whatever, everything under the sun, it just drives me crazy. I don't get paid to sit at work for 8 hours listening to you bitch about your sorry sex life 6 of those hours.

Listening to the roomies play Rock Band right now and we have this friend that thinks he's an amazing singer but he's just awful. Sings everything the same way every time

Another minor pet peeve of mine. Whenever I happen to cut the cheese around him (which isn't all that often), my best friend always does the universal PU gesture and says "GOD! Why do your farts always smell so bad!?" Wha? I know my flatulance isn't the most fragrant scent in the world but is there a world of difference between a good smelling fart and a bad smelling one?

Maybe it's just me but when you're over the age of 11, isn't it generally common courtesy when someone else cuts one is to grimace and ignore it? Unless the fart is flagrantly audible or repetitive in which case its OK to giggle to your hearts content.

Besides the dude has B.O. and I've never told him to buy some deodrant in the fifteen years or so I've known him. Yet still he has better luck with the ladies than I. It's clear females prefer B.O. to flatulance.

While his reaction is pretty stupid, you should tell him about his B.O. I mean, why wouldn't you?

Listening to the roomies play Rock Band right now and we have this friend that thinks he's an amazing singer but he's just awful. Sings everything the same way every time

Yeah my roomate video taped himself playing G.H. and wrote how awesome he was :rolleyes:

One time I made a latte for a customer and she said it was too creamy, and asked me if I could pour out some of the milk and pour coffee on top. I had another customer ask how we made our Cocoa Trio, and as I was describing it to her, she cut me off and asked me what chocolate sauce was. I kinda stared blankly for a second, because I was sure I must have misunderstood, but then she continued, "I know what chocolate syrup is, but what's chocolate sauce?"

Then there was this whole thing:

"Espresso Dopio(sp?), with an extra shot."

"I'm sorry, I've never heard of that, but if you tell me what's in it, I could probably make it for you."

"It's just a double shot of espresso."

"Oh, okay."

"With an extra shot."

"So you just want a triple-shot of espresso."

"Yeah, two shots with an extra shot."

:unsure:

Yes. There is a world of difference. You hope for a fart to not smell at all, that would be a good smelling fart. An average fart has a little stink, but it's bearable and passes soon. A bad smelling fart smells like rotten eggs. The smell is so dense it makes it hard to breath without gagging. Maybe you have those kind of farts, in which case you shouldn't be farting around anyone unless you really can't help it.

Didn't really anger me, but I felt bad for the driver in the end. I'm driving home from my girlfriend's last night and I'm at a red light and have to turn left. There is a car the opposite way that also has a red light and is going to be turning right. I get the green left arrow so I go to make my left turn, and even though the guy stopped at the light at first, I guess he doesn't figure I'm making a left even though my turn signal is on and he decided to make a right and cuts me off, and then swerves into the other lane (it was a two lane road and I was turning left into the left lane). He hits the curb and then treads slowly with his left blinker on and I just pass him not even really caring. He probably felt like such a shit afterwards.

I was driving on the expressway yesterday when the car in front of me had a tire pop, a layer of rubber flew out from underneath their car and hit mine, taking off a piece of the front bumper. I brought it to a shop this morning for an estimate and its $500. Really an expense I didn't need right now and is going to put me in a hole for a couple of weeks. Freak accident, but this is the second time something like that has happened to me in the span of three months.

oh lord... I bought a blazer for 7500 bucks (blue book 7100) 6 months ago, so I got in an accident last week, but have full coverage so I wasn't too worried, then I got a $4000 damage estimate, now today the Insurance company said it was too much and was being written off as a total loss. Awesome.

So they'll send me a check for like 3000 bucks and I'll have 4500 shoved up my ass.

So mad right now.

Guest Vitamin X

Christ Brody, what happened? What'd you fuck up to get a $4,000 damage estimate?