TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Guest Smues

My landlord and his wife are out of town apparantly, because their kids are throwing a party. A loud party. So much for sleep tonight.

There's been a car whose horn has been going off for the past like, 2-3 hours. Not even in a car alarm way, but just one long, continuous "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep." Finally called the cops like an hour ago and he's still just sitting around. This is especially frustrating because 1. I have two big essays to write as finals for my classes that are due on Monday 2. There was just a huge house party day before yesterday a couple doors down and 3. I'm sick. Now I'm far from the Crotchety Old Neighbor, but this ain't the time to have extremely loud, extremely bothersome noises in the middle of the night. God damn.

UPDATE: Finally, over 3 hours later, the Texan assholes have been towed.

Craigslist manners, and people who don't have them.

If you aren't coming to pick up your shit from me for any reason, I don't care what it is, just give me a fucking call and tell me that you're not going to come so I don't have to wait by my phone. 1 minute call.

"Hey, Peter BUTT, I'm not gonna be able to swing by. You should probably let it go to someone else. Thanks."

Really, that hard for the common courtesy? Assholes.

I haven't had a cell phone break on me in the 8 years I've owned cellphones. My wife on the other hand can't go six months without breaking her phone, so she doesn't get to have cool expensive ones with touch screens and what not.

I was greeting for Verizon Wireless (temp job) for the holiday season and it was ridiculous how many times the same people came in looking to replace their phone or get a new phone. The same families would come in week after week looking to buy a phone or some kind of accessory or they need to replace a broken phone and when I say week after week, I really mean week after week after week after week. I really wanted to ask the family "Why the hell are you coming in here once a week? What are you doing to your phones where you have to come into this store, once a week?".

Is it really that hard to try and take care of your phone? People would come in and say "My phone doesn't work, can I replace it? I don't know why it's not working." and when I looked at the phone, the phone was all jacked up and what's worse a lot of the same people would come in every other week or two or three to replace a phone wasn't working. One family came in one week to replace a broken phone in which case they got the same one, three weeks later or so, they come back "oh it's time for his upgrade. He needs a new phone that he just replaced." A few weeks later the Storm comes out and they come back, "Oh, he wants a Storm. Do you have any?" and the fucking kid is 15 or 16 years old. It's sad.

Oh and don't get me started on the Blackberry Storm. Biggest let down of a phone ever!

You know what I hate most about cellphones? I don't even have one, and people want to show me the gay crap that gets forwarded to them from other dumbasses. Especially at work. Some bozo maintenance guy is always showing me some scag getting fisted, or a tranny in a hot tub, playing audio of a funny 911 call or something.

What gets me the most about those, is that I can't hear them. Either I'm hard of hearing, or my brain doesn't process them, but I can't hear shit on a cell phone. It's all clicks and whistles.

The only time I've had to replace a phone from a breakage/mishap was when I dropped one in the toilet. That's it. Shame too, as I loved the shit out of that phone. Hot pink Samsung M510. Mmmhmm. The camera still worked, but the display was knackered and calling/internet was dead.

Getting an email congratulating you on getting accepted to a graduate program and then 12 hours later getting a second email saying the first was the result of a clerical error and that you're actually on the waitlist. LOL.

Why is facebook never satisfied with it's layout?

I finally just got use to the last set-up and they fucking changed it again. The newest set-up is a clear downgrade from both of the previous layouts. What a waste of energy.

Getting an email congratulating you on getting accepted to a graduate program and then 12 hours later getting a second email saying the first was the result of a clerical error and that you're actually on the waitlist. LOL.

In college, I applied to this study abroad program in Perth, Australia. I received a letter in the mail from my university stating that while I was qualified to attend the program, I wasn't meeting the expectations (?) they had for me as a student and therefore wasn't being accepted. About two days later I received a second letter stating that they had made a mistake, that I was reaching these nebulous "expectations", but that I wasn't getting into the program anyways. What a load of horseshit.

Aw that sucks. It should be like in school when the teachers made a mistake correcting your test, and if you got it right but it was marked wrong you got the point back, but if they marked it right and you were wrong you kept the point. Your sitch could also be the basis of a college-themed movie, if it hasn't yet already, possibly starring a rapper. He gets in on a clerical error and raises hell. It would be called Clerical Error.

I would call an attorney and see what they say. They might just get you in. Better to get in that way then be on the wait list and possibly not get it at all.

Which is the other one that you've applied to that you haven't been rejected to?

I'll probably be in the same boat as you later this year. I'm taking the GRE at the end of next term, when I'm closer to graduation from my BA.

Which is the other one that you've applied to that you haven't been rejected to?

NYU hasn't sent me a decision letter yet. I've been rejected by Duke, Northwestern, Berkeley and Brown. My professors told me to aim high and I did. That's the last time I ever listen to them :angry:

Oh also the GRE is literally the most retarded standardized test in the history of standardized tests and the fact that it's given any kind of credence is an absolute joke. This is doubly true of the English Lit test, so I hope that's not what you're looking to go into.

No way, absolutely not. And I'm not aiming high for colleges/universities, either.. I'm a Community Development/Communication major with a minor in Film, and I'm probably going to do either Journalism or Education in grad school. Was thinking about urban planning, but I've felt extremely bored with the classes I've taken in that, so fuck it. Most likely applying to Oregon, Portland State (practically guaranteed admission here), University of Washington, Berkeley, and then an outside shot at UW-Madison and Colorado-Boulder. We'll see how that goes.

I might take the LSAT later on this year too, for shits and giggles. Hell if I do well on that, law school wouldn't be too bad. I'm good at standardized tests.

The Coke guys wanting to sue Coke Zero commercials. They were awful when they started, and they keep making them and they keep getting worse. So awful.

MA/PhD in English at the University of Florida. It prob. wouldn't have upset so much if I hadn't already been rejected by four of the six of the programs I applied to. I'm kinda stressed out.

I hope you get in because if you do I'm going to drive down to Gainesville and shit in your mouth.

Shame too, because the product is pretty good.

I don't like Coke, but I do like Cherry Coke. And Cherry Coke Zero is really good, so of course I haven't been able to find it in any stores up here.

That's the second time someone's threatened to do that to me on here...

I'm going to poop in your mouth, Byron.

:(

fb.jpg

2Guys1RedCup?

The fucking idiots who work at tech support at my school's library. Instead of hiring some smart, tech-savvy person (which there are many of) to fix the internet and help students with connecting to the internet, they hired one old asian fuck who can't even speak english. I haven't been able to connect to the internet, which isn't a problem because I a) live off campus, and b) don't really want to go on the internet while I'm in class, but I had to do some work today. I go into the library and say, "hi, my laptop hasn't been able to connect to the internet... ever. My wireless is on and is connecting to the network, but there's no connection. Can you guys help me out with this?"

"Uh..... your internet on?"

"Yes, it's on. Look, I'm selecting telebears, but I can't access anything."

"So.. internet on... I don't know. Try back later."

"I've been trying for close to a year now. Is there anything that I or you can do?"

"Go to fourth floor, better connection there."

"The signal strength isn't the problem, the connection is."

"I check connection later, so try back again."

DIE