TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Unforgiven Thread - September/17th/2006.

Yeah, I'm not positive if the local Hooters still shows them, but I haven't taken the time to find out. I usually spend sundays at my girlfriend's house too, I don't think she'd be too thrilled if once or twice a month I dragged her there to watch wrestling :P

Still, Unforgiven sounds like it'll be decent, and perhaps worth my 13 bucks later. But 40 bucks? That's just plain laughable.

I hope Lita wins as well.

It's Trish's last match in her HOMETOWN. Lita winning would just be to rub it in the fans face and it would probably kill the crowd. Let Trish have the moment, especially since Lita might be leaving soon as well

I expect a You Screwed _____ type of booking. It won't work but we all know that WWE will try hard to recreate the Bret Hart screw job two times two times at Unforgiven.

IMO this PPV is so easy to predic. And I havent even watched that much WWE without skippig through large parts (like the AWFUL DX vs McMahons feud). However the booking for this PPV is very clear to me. Just ebcause IM saying this I will probably be wrong with the majority of my predictions ;) However I believe I know that this is what the results will be:

WWE Title, "If Cena loses, he goes to Smackdown", T.L.C. Match

Edge (with Lita) .VS. John Cena.

Winner: Cena

Im basing this on all the reports. Cena wont loose. WWE will book this so that everyone will leave the arena pissed off. I dont agree with the booking however. Cena is much better when he chases the titel and should get out of the title-picture for a little while.

Hell In A Cell, Handicap Match

ECW World Heavyweight Champion, The Big Show, Vince McMahon, & Shane McMahon .VS. DX.

Winners: DX

DX are pushed as unstoppable monsters och bad toilet humour. I hate to see HHH like this but they will win and overcome all the odds... again :(

Singles Match

Umaga (with Armando Alejandro Estrada) .VS. Kane.

Winner: Umaga

Umaga is getting the monster push and he will beat Kane quite easily I think.

WWE Intercontinental Title Match

Johnny Nitro (with Melina) .VS. Jeff Hardy.

Winner: Hardy

This is the match Im not sure about. Usually WWE likes to give returning stars och highly pushed rookies a title way to fast upon their (re)debut. I think this will be the case here as well. Especially since Nitro hasnt been pushed all that good since he won the title.

Singles Match

Randy Orton .VS. Carlito Caribbean Cool.

Winner: CCC

CCC is up for a push and Orton is in the doghouse. CCC wins.

World Tag Team Titles Match

The Spirit Squad .VS. The Highlanders.

Winners: Highlanders

SS is about to break up (thank you for that - the gimmick is horrible) and the Highlanders are getting a small push with the Piper thing.

WWE Women's Title, Trish's Farewell Match

Lita .VS. Trish Stratus.

Winner: Trish

She will get a last win before she leaves and she will bring the belt with her. WWE will then kill womens wrestling and will only to T&A matches.

Am I the only one who thinks Edge might win?Smackdown could use a few UMC/Main Eventers. Wishful thinking, most likely, as I'm an Edgehead, but it doesn't seem tooooooooo unlikely.

DX gets slaughtered, hopefully to set-up a blow-off at Survivor Series.

Nitro retains.

Trish wins. Women's division dwindles to nothing over the next six months.

Carlito, Highlanders, Umaga are your others.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Regarding rumors of a third member of DX being unveiled, as of 4 hours before the show, nobody backstage knew anything about it. The most popular choice, Sean Waltman, was still asleep as of about 90 minutes ago in Florida, so he's not going to be there.

I decided to order this for Trish's last match more than anything else. My picks:

Cena

McMahons & Big Show

Lita

Hardy

Highlanders

Carlito

Umaga

I know that's a lot of titles changing for one show and I hope Trish wins too but I don't see it happening. My Edge markdom is pretty well documented so it shouldn't be a surprise that I think he should walk out with the title but I don't expect it.

As much as I want to believe and pray Edge will win, I expect Cena will win. This will lead to a rematch in a couple weeks, then setting up a new opponent for Cena at Cyber Sunday. Or they will do a triple threat like they did last year.

I decided to give a certain site a try that offers a stream (for like $2.xx a month). I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. The stream is up and running, and it looks to be in near perfect quality.

And the IC title is curtain jerking. Way to go Raw writers.

That's nothing new, in the 90's they had the IC start out the PPV before. The thing is, they actually had good storylines involving the IC title, and it actually meant somthing back in the day.

decent opener that got time given to it unlike some WWE openers in the past. the ending was sucky and predictable though.

As well the more champions that retain tonight I guess the chances of Cena winning get greater.