TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Unforgiven Thread - September/17th/2006.

The thing is that I have no doubt that was Trish's last match in wrestling. No way is she coming back. Normally in wrestling you don't believe retirements, but I think she's gone for good.

She said the door is always open for a return, so who knows.

Was the women's match any good, or just good crowd reaction wise?

It was good. They gave it the perfect amount of time, Lita definately had her working boots on, they were a little stiff, and both of them took some nasty looking bumps to the floor.

Meltzer is killing the show. I can't remember the last time he gave a definitive positive review of a WWE PPV

He's not being that negative. He's just calling it like he sees it. When a guy has seen thousands upon thousands of wrestling matches over 35 years as a wrestling fan, including the best matches of Flair, Steamboat, Hart, Benoit, Michaels, Misawa, Kobashi, etc., it's gotta be kind of hard to really get stoked for a Randy Orton vs Carlito match. And the last time, I think was Judgment Day. I'm pretty sure he liked that one.

"Probably best women's match on PPV in a while" -Meltzer

Actually, best womens match in years. Even better than the WM match

I haven't seen it, so I hate to sound ignorant, but I just cannot see Lita in the best women's match in years. Sorry. She's terrible. Though rest assured I will seek out this match because I am a big fan of Trish. Hopefully I eat my words, as Trish deserves a nice sendoff.

"Probably best women's match on PPV in a while" -Meltzer

Actually, best womens match in years. Even better than the WM match

I haven't seen it, so I hate to sound ignorant, but I just cannot see Lita in the best women's match in years. Sorry. She's terrible. Though rest assured I will seek out this match because I am a big fan of Trish. Hopefully I eat my words, as Trish deserves a nice sendoff.

Taking everything into account, the match, the fans, the finish, and the overall "specialness" of the match, yeah, it was the best Women's match in years.