TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GODSON

Bound For GLory

Does that make Meltzer God?

I'll ask.

I'll say it again, but in the form of a question so people don't bitch; does anyone else see them giving the belt back to Jeff because Kurt took out the referee and he was only the 'ringside enforcer' ?

No.

Will Russo show up on Impact to redo the Bash at the Beach 2000 promo on Jarrett?

Pretty good show with a hot crowd throughout the night. Jesus, though, somebody get Mike Tenay and Don West the hell away from the announcers table. I can't count how many good moments could have been that much more special if those two had the ability to shut the fuck up for two seconds and let the moment sink in without overhyping it to death. Perfect example was LAX's entrance.

Well that would set up Joe/Jarrett for the title, I think, and maybe a Sting/Angle match to end the year. Then that just might lead to a Joe/Angle title feud or some such going into early next year.

Except apparently Joe/Angle is the ME of Genesis.

I hope they don't go that route. Joe/Angle needs to be saved. They spent a YEAR building up JJ/Sting, and Joe/Angle is ten times a bigger match than that. It deserves way more build-up.

I say let Sting defend against Christian next month, let Jarrett challenge Angle to his first match, and Joe can beat Rhino for the next shot. That way, Sting gets a good defense, Angle can decimate Jarrett (in hopefully a loser-leaves match), and Joe can be set up to take the title from Sting by the end of the year.

Angle can go on a winning streak towards Joe's title, and we get to see the great matches Angle's capable of. When he meets Joe at Slammiversary, Joe ends his streak, putting him over huge. Then at the next BFG, Angle can end Joe's streak and finally win the title.

You're preaching to the choir here. Logic, however, is lost on TNA.

I'll ask.

I'll say it again, but in the form of a question so people don't bitch; does anyone else see them giving the belt back to Jeff because Kurt took out the referee and he was only the 'ringside enforcer' ?

No.

You think Sting beats Chrstian then loses to the winner of Joe vs. Angle?

Pretty much.

Guest Connzilla

Sting should of won of won the belt two months ago. And Joe should of beat Sting for the belt tonight.

From one of the reports I've read, West ended the show talking about how Jarrett's accomplished so much in TNA and how he's "passed the torch" to Sting. Moving beyond the ass kissing and the arrogance that HE is passing the torch to STING, they may be setting up for Jarrett moving out of the spotlight.

But that's logic too, I guess. If Jarrett leaving meant watching act like God Almighty passing the torch to a guy who's already a legend and pretending that his success had nothing to do with him running TNA, then I'd go for it.

Did Sting look like he was in better shape or was he the same flabby self?

Better shape, although he was slimmed down. Looked like a smaller version of his mid-90s self.

He ended up looking like the Great Muta more than anything in this look... pretty cool.

Pretty good show with a hot crowd throughout the night. Jesus, though, somebody get Mike Tenay and Don West the hell away from the announcers table. I can't count how many good moments could have been that much more special if those two had the ability to shut the fuck up for two seconds and let the moment sink in without overhyping it to death. Perfect example was LAX's entrance.

I didn't see the show but I've been catching up on my TNA in the past few weeks, but I am definately irritated with West. Tenay, I don't mind and I think would be great with a better broadcast partner. West can be more over the top than Jerry Lawler on a bad day.

Ha, Jarrett passing the torch to Sting. First off, Sting is already way better known than Jarrett will ever be, and also is an older guy than Jarrett. It's kinda hard to pass it off as some passing of the torch to the new guard when Sting himself is a mere transition champion.

I liked most of this PPV though. The Nash battle royale had me rolling, but I think Nash is the man anyway. It picked up steam with the 3 matches of the X title, Rhino/Christian, and the tag titles. The tag match especially was great.

Main event? God that match sucked. Sting must have been rusty because he and JJ couldn't even tie up properly. I think Sting no selling the guitar will give this match some sort of importance and note that it doesn't deserve. For all the talk of it being like the Starrcade 97 main event, I think the Starrcade 97 match was a better match. As far as them doing the Dusty Finish....don't think it can't or won't happen. Hell, my dad and I were both assuming it would happen. This IS Jeff Jarrett we're talking about here.

I'll ask.

No.

Will Russo show up on Impact to redo the Bash at the Beach 2000 promo on Jarrett?

They wanted to use the Bash when they thought Hogan was coming in a few years ago.

I didn't see the show but I've been catching up on my TNA in the past few weeks, but I am definately irritated with West. Tenay, I don't mind and I think would be great with a better broadcast partner. West can be more over the top than Jerry Lawler on a bad day.

I wouldn't mind having a Tenay/Nash broadcast team after tonight. It's ridiculous when you have an act like LAX getting over with the crowd as a team of crazy SOB's and then Don West says something stupid/screams like an idiot and ruins it.

I just dislike when they start totally sucking a match's dick while it's happening. Yeah, you can and should give credit to the participants and put over the big stuff, but "WOW! WOW! WOW! HOLY COW!" and "This is Un-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!!" (both in Ultimate X last month) are way too over the top and ridiculous.

Tenay/Shane Douglas with Don West as the designated shill guy for PPVs ala Mean Gene would probably be the best option.

Well, actually Cornette/Douglas would be the best possible team they could put together, but that ain't happening since Cornette is too lazy.

LoL in typical TNA fashion, when it comes to stuff like this, they draw their biggest crowd to date so what do they do? Turn the lights all the way down so the crowd barely looks bigger than the size of a regular Impact crowd.

LoL in typical TNA fashion, when it comes to stuff like this, they draw their biggest crowd to date so what do they do? Turn the lights all the way down so the crowd barely looks bigger than the size of a regular Impact crowd.

Actually I felt the lighting was reasonable enough to see way into the crowd on numerous occasions. Plus they showed the size of the arena and crowd a few times while they talked about the crowd between matches.

I agree that anyone who thought that PPV sucked is an idiot. I found the 4-way tag match boring and predictable, a filler match if you will. Eric/Zybysko was dumb, but it served a purpose and was kept very short, and got Eric even further over. I just hope they actually GO somewhere with Eric now.

The X-Tournament match was funny and entertaining, and a great way to open the show. It's also looking like a Shelley/Aries feud is in the future, which can only be good--it was awesome in ROH. Aries' new gimmick is amusing as well, without hurting his in-ring work.

The tag title match, while awesome and full of holy shit moments, didn't have the psychology or pacing that the Ultimate X match did. I still enjoyed the hell out of it though. AND THE GHETTO FORK MADE IT'S DEBUT IN TNA! :firing:

They also look to be building toward AMW/LAX in the future, with AMW the faces. That was a very babyface promo they cut, and that's okay with me. When it comes to bloody feuds AMW is among the best, and it could actually work. Wonder what they'll do with AJ and Daniels now though...

Monster's Ball was also a filler match. A couple of halfdecent spots but it still just felt like a match thrown together in a WWE Random Generator fashion. The Back Senton onto the thumbtacks was fucking SICK though. Joe went over as expected. Now put him in the main event, for the love of god.

And as I said above, the main event was awful and Sting was way off and sloppy. But man, no-selling the Guitar was so bad it was GOOD, y'know? It made up for 15 minutes or so of shitty match by giving me a genuine laugh out loud moment. EVERYONE has sold the Guitar, even Joe, and Sting doesn't even BEGIN to sell it. Just hilarious.

Despite what HTQ insists, I really don't think this will end in a Dusty fashion. Sting will lose the belt in a couple months, hopefully to Joe and possibly to Angle. And Don West DID look at it as a passing of the torch, so maybe Jarrett's gone for a while. God I hope he is.

Actually I felt the lighting was reasonable enough to see way into the crowd on numerous occasions. Plus they showed the size of the arena and crowd a few times while they talked about the crowd between matches.

They did show the size of the arena and it looked pretty close to a sellout. As far as the lighting...I always liked how WCW had their lights way up during the height of the nWo. Some of the big pops tonight could have been really cool visuals if the lights were all the way up and you could see the entire crowd.

I'm glad to hear Sting finally beat JJ for the title, but of course Jarrett is going to use the legal loophole so that either A.) He gets the belt back like nothing happened on the terms of technicality or B.) TNA does another tournament, battle royal, re-match for the vacant world title and Jarrett gets the title back for 1,000th time.

Well, Dave said that Jarrett is taking some time off because TNA feels he is overexposed, and that he will be coming back as a face.

I really enjoyed tonights show. Sabin vs Shenshi was freaking awesome and was match of the night for me.

LAX vs Styles and Daniels was good but I feel that their Ultimate X match was a lot better than the cage match. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun match but I just thought their Ultimate X match was better.

The main event was sloppy, Jarrett was actually the best worker of the match while Sting just looked arkward and was all over the place. The finish was pretty surprising though, its about time someone no sold El~Kabong! and still won the match!

I enjoyed the show tonight. The only dissapointment for me was the Monsters Ball match, it didn't "suck" perse,and it still had some cool spots, but this one felt more like a mere avenue to get Joe over, rather then just having four guys go out and kick each other's asses like last time.

People need to stop complaining about the Impact Zone because Detroit and Philly fans does the same chants during TNA shows. It's a worldwide thing with TNA instead of an Impact ZOne cliche.