TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobe24KGold

Super Duper Major Announcement at No Surrender

They don't need to worry about Goldberg being a draw. It's not like they're taping around the country.

PS: He is a good enough draw for them.

TNA going head-to-head to Raw might be throwing them in with the sharks, but it might be the kick in the ass they need. TNA has all the tools to make for a fantastic product that could hook the fans in, but they've got no incentive to do what it takes as long as they coast along on Thursday nights doing the numbers they have been doing.

I agree with this. As of right now, I don't go out of my way to watch TNA. If I'm home and it's on then I'll watch. If it went head to head against RAW then I'd probably care more about the product.

A two hour slot would be nice. There were some matches on impact that i wouldn't have minded seeing going about 15 minutes, maybe bring in some fresh new talent for the X div. If a 2 hour time slot happend, would it be possible for another title belt. I know there are 3 already, but a IC or US type title would be nice.

Guest ChampKind
Earth to IWC, it's not 1998, the only year Goldberg was a draw.

Out of my circle of friends I'm the only one who watched wrestling in '98 who still does. And there's only three guys from that era any of them still talk about: Austin, The Rock and Goldberg.

Yea, my circle of friends don't watch wrestling anymore, but everytime the subject's brought up, they talk about Goldberg and Sting.

But anyway, the announcement doesn't make it seem like it's a signing. I'm predicting head to head and two hours.

TNA needs to start promoting actual shows around the country. I know the ratings aren't that hot, but how can they draw any sort of TV audience when the vast majority of the U.S. has never had a TNA house show or TV taping nearby? If they did a house show near me I would certainly consider going. They would likely draw at least what ECW does at house shows, maybe more.

They might as well go up against Raw on Monday nights. What do they really have to lose? They only do a .8 or so now, would it really get much worse? If anything they might get some Raw viewers to tune in. As far as Vince raiding the roster if they did that...why hasn't he raided them already? I seriously don't think Vince has any interest in a lot of these guys.

TNA has done various house shows in Philly, NYC, Virginia, Detroit, Toronto and soon, Toledo.

It would appear they are adopting ROH/ECW design of repeat shows in specific markets to increase fan support.

While they have been co-promoted with Sadler, it's essentially being billed as TNA promotional shows.

The core reason for the lack of progression in the promotion is obvious and it's not house shows.

Vince, obviously has interest in some of these guys. Especially, AJ Styles, Monty Brown and Samoa Joe but he didn't get them.

Vince will take anyone if it hurts the promotion in some way, look at Shannon Moore for instance.

They must think that Joe/Jarrett non title won't sell PPV's and that this will. I find that hillarious.

My guess is that this will be about the timeslot or adding another hour. I for one think that's a mistake. It won't happen but live Impacts would be great imo. Part of the problem TNA has is that smarks know what will happen weeks ahead and cast judgement on it.

TNA has done various house shows in Philly, NYC, Virginia, Detroit, Toronto and soon, Toledo.

It would appear they are adopting ROH/ECW design of repeat shows in specific markets to increase fan support.

While they have been co-promoted with Sadler, it's essentially being billed as TNA promotional shows.

The core reason for the lack of progression in the promotion is obvious and it's not house shows.

Vince, obviously has interest in some of these guys. Especially, AJ Styles, Monty Brown and Samoa Joe but he didn't get them.

Vince will take anyone if it hurts the promotion in some way, look at Shannon Moore for instance.

That's been proven, look at hirings like Baron Von Rasche, Boris Zukov, Bloom and Enos (Beverly Brothers) from the old AWA, just to help kill it off after they took Hennig. Wow I miss the old territories, if it's not obvious lol.

If Impact isn't moved from Thursday night to Monday night, I'm hoping Impact goes to a 9 to 11 time slot.

I'm actually hoping for them to introduce a new title, though I don't think that would be considered as "Changing the face of pro wrestling."

Earth to IWC, it's not 1998, the only year Goldberg was a draw.

Yeah if it was you'd see the McMahons and Dx all over tv.

I think they've set themselves up for a fall by saying they have a big announcement. If they just signed someone then they would normally say we signed a big star. But they've done that before so either they want to raise expectations or they really do have a big deal. But then again every show has the voiceover saying changing the face of wrestling or something like that but they havent done that yet either.

I think they have enough old guys running around and their business hasnt brought in anymore fans so I dont think its a signing unless its a huge name that can actively work.

They don't need to worry about Goldberg being a draw.

For PPV they do.

He is a good enough draw, I was just making the point that they have plenty of built in draws as it is, and don't need someone just for the sake of drawing buys.

Guest Kobe24KGold

I have a pretty good feeling it's a 2 hour timeslot (live or taped) from 8-10, 9-11 or 10-12AM on Monday Nights.

I had a pretty good feeling about getting laid the other night but I was wrong...

Still...

Since the advert mentions how the face of the wrestling industry will be changed, I think a programming change/dynamic is what's in store.

they have plenty of built in draws as it is, and don't need someone just for the sake of drawing buys.
Do they really? I guess there is a difference between being a PPV draw and a television draw then? cause sadly I don't see that many "built in" people doing much to push the ratings up.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little extra time being added to the show. Going on the road would be nice although I hardly see any of this as "changing the face of the industry"

Nice try by TNA to try to blow up the buyrate. We will see if it is sucessfull.

Id say its a 2 hour time slot, or, there going to be doing TV shows in diffrent regions than just Orlando. Or maybe, its live impacts?

I think it's a 2 hour time slot. It's been said for months that TNA expected to get that green light sometime in October...

So...announcing it at the end of September seems to make sense.

Actually...It could be Goldberg too. Spike put him under that holding clause...and if they are going to greenlight 2 hours I could see them putting down some of the cost for Goldberg. They did it for Sting...and Sting's contract is just about to end.

Guest Kobe24KGold
I think it's a 2 hour time slot. It's been said for months that TNA expected to get that green light sometime in October...

So...announcing it at the end of September seems to make sense.

Actually...It could be Goldberg too. Spike put him under that holding clause...and if they are going to greenlight 2 hours I could see them putting down some of the cost for Goldberg. They did it for Sting...and Sting's contract is just about to end.

But is it a 2 hour timeslot on Monday nights? That would be the only thing that would justify the overhype.

But is it a 2 hour timeslot on Monday nights? That would be the only thing that would justify the overhype.

when have any of the overhype of these "change the face of wrestling" announcements been justified? I doubt very much it'll match the overhype.

Guest Kobe24KGold

when have any of the overhype of these "change the face of wrestling" announcements been justified? I doubt very much it'll match the overhype.

And that's why TNA gets 0.7 ratings.

They have to come through for once; otherwise, buh-bye Tits N' Ass.

Hmm, a major announcement and Angle's agent making a statement that he is 'ready to go'....

Haha, that would be fun speculation, but sadly I doubt that will happen

And that's why TNA gets 0.7 ratings.

They have to come through for once; otherwise, buh-bye Tits N' Ass.

Bye bye christy hemme, gail kim, so cal val, hello season 5 of TUF.

TNA is not ready to compete on Monday night with RAW. To do that would be company suicide. I could see three possibilities here...

1. Putting TNA on Tuesday nights to compete against ECW

2. Friday nights to compete against Smackdown

3. If they insisted on competing against RAW on Monday night, do a tie-in with UFC. Two hours of Impact with 2 hours of UFC could be very doable.

Guest Kobe24KGold
TNA is not ready to compete on Monday night with RAW. To do that would be company suicide. I could see three possibilities here...

1. Putting TNA on Tuesday nights to compete against ECW

2. Friday nights to compete against Smackdown

3. If they insisted on competing against RAW on Monday night, do a tie-in with UFC. Two hours of Impact with 2 hours of UFC could be very doable.

Realistically, exciting banter aside, the only thing doable about TNA is Dixie Carter.

Now I know why TNA is the name of the company. One look at the luscious, sultry, voluptious owner and you know why.

Wasn't that the EXACT same hook that they used to promo Sting when he debuted? I knew TNA were a little stale, but holy fuck, using the exact same lines from a promo over a year ago is getting a little out of hand.....

Yeah I know TNA has promoted shows in various places but what I mean is they need to do a REAL house show series. I mean an actual tour, not just random shows. To be a real promotion you have to hype where you're going. Like on the old WWF shows (stuff like All American Wrestling) they would have the airplane and list all sorts of dates and places they would be. It gave them a big time look, like they were everywhere and would be in your town soon.

TNA right now is a regional promotion out of Orlando, or even worse they are like if WCW was soley based out of Disney in 1993 without ever doing anything else.

As far as the announcement goes, if they truly want a WCW type announcement they should have it be Goldberg coming in, and then proceed to turn him heel by the end of the PPV.