TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

"An insane amount of ranch please."

here we go again

Vienna Beef kosher hot dog with:

Mustard, diced onions, sweet relish, sliced tomato, pickle spear, sport peppers, and celery salt. Should be steamed and served on a poppyseed bun. Ketchup punishable by death.

Ketchup on hot dogs over the age of 8 is a capital offense in the world of hot dogs. Though I did find a great combo, yellow mustard on a chili dog with diced onions...Thank you Pink's in LA. Definitely Chicago Dogs are great too

That's a Skyline Coney. Although, it is usually topped with shredded cheddar.

With all due respect, Hawk, Chili dogs in Southwest Ohio and Chili Dogs most everywhere else are VERY different. When I moved from Tennessee to Ohio, I was STOKED to see Chili themed restaurants. Until I ate at them. Then I was disgusted.

Or move to Utah and get sucked into our Fry Sauce Cult. Mmmmm Fry Sauce.

It's meant to be used with Fries. Hence the name.

I worked in a hot dog shop for a while. With a quality dog, anything tastes good on it. The Chicago is probably the best, but that nasty-ass cheese sauce, chili, and habanero relish is a personal favorite.

I once sprayed chili sauce on a dog's asshole. I hated that fucking dog. It's still alive and I'll seek to it that it dies.

Bumping this from the grave since it's kinda the all purpose condiment discussion thread.

I went to Del Taco and I swear I'm the only one who ever gets the Del Inferno sauce because everytime I go they give me like 5 packets per item I order. I like hot things, but damnit that's just nuts.

They aren't great, but they go well with their seasoning. I prefer them to other fast food Taco Joint's sauces. But seriously I got 5 Soft Tacos for a deal and would up with at least 30 packets of Del Inferno.

This thread made me realize how many tasty sounding combos generally go on hot dogs. I'll never know for sure, though, since I've never willingly eaten a hot dog in my life.

I'd never heard of the concept until my dad poured some on a batch of fries when he took my brother and me to the carnival 11 or 12 years ago. When I saw him doing it, I chalked it up to him being a lush, but I'll be damned if they weren't some of the tastiest fries I'd ever had.

I used to mix McDonalds' barbecue and sweet & sour sauce and dip my fries in them when I was a kid.

Guest Vitamin X

Mayo and sweet & sour sauce were great condiments for me, but I have really grown to love aioli (which is basically mayo anyways with more flavor) as dipping for fries. Garlic ketchup works too, unless the fries are seasoned.

Guest !!!
So I guess what we're agreeing on is that only squares use straight up ketchup for their fry-dipping needs?

Yes, and there's No Room for Squares.

Wendy's Sweet n Sour sauce is the best thing to dip fries in for me.

I like McDonald's better.

Honey mustard is also awsome with fries.