TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

TSM NBA H2H: Year 4~

When the season started, I had no clue what Team Walter Herrmann's team name was referring too. I had no clue he was an NBA player on the Bobcats. Turns out he wasn't horrible.

White Tigers vs. The Alfdogg Asylum

White Tigers leads The Alfdogg Asylum 6 to 1 with 2 days worth of games left for the League Championship. Three categories are still up for grabs so Alf could come back.

I'm pretty sure I have 3rd place locked.

I sputtered at the end with JJ and Gerald on the disabled list, but I have three (or four) strong keepers going into next season.

My team was dominant basically all season when i remembered to actually set my lineups, so naturally Ray Allen, Zach Randolph, Josh Childress and Desmond Mason all go out for the season right as the playoffs start and murder any chance of me winning.

With Garnett, Allen, Randolph, Hinrich and Okafor to choose from for keepers i should be in good shape again next year at least.

I've never felt more proud than I am of winning the consolation bracket. Funny because I had no idea I was even close to getting into it considering I have had the corpses of Charlie Villanueva and David Lee wasting away on my bench for so long. Time to consider who I want to keep for next season.

Well, it looks like my team, the White Tigers, took home the Championship with an impressive 7-1 win over the Alfdogg Asylum to win my second TSM NBA H2H Championship. I actually thought Alf would roll right over my guys after seeing that he had a pretty big advantage in games left to be played going into the title game. Thankfully, it appears a number of factors worked in my advantage(injuries to Alf's team & a few of my players playing insanely well on my team.) I guess karma was repaying me for taking a risk and cutting Tracy McGrady last year.

My team looks to be in decent shape for next year, as I have the choice of Gasol, Bosh, Gordon, & West for my keepers. I am definitely keeping Gasol & Bosh, but I may well have a hard choice between Gordon & West on my hands. The funny thing is that I was probably keeping LaMarcus Aldridge before the heart condition ended his season. I had then settled on keeping Gordon, but after West basically won me the Championship, he is definitely proving to be a very tempting keeper choice.

Did good this year in fantasy basketball. Was in 8 leagues altogether, took home a first-place trophy and three second-place ones. I now have a total of 16 trophies.

So, I guess we can start posting our keepers now.

My tentative keepers are Yao, Odom, and Barbosa.

Kobe, T-Mac and Artest. I might not keep Artest and just go with the first two depending on Ron's offseason.

If you know your keepers, feel free to post them. If you need to check the league page, you can still get to it through your fantasy profile.

Here's what I've got so far.

bob barron:

Canadian Chris

IK Cool Jew:

Cena's Writer: Steve Nash, Shawn Marion

Precious Roy: LeBron James, Chauncey Billups

Adam: Gilbert Arenas, Rashard Lewis

Deep Thought: Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng

razazteca: Paul Pierce, Josh Howard, Jason Richardson

Cartman: Dwight Howard, Rafer Alston, Ben Wallace

King: Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady, Ron Artest

teke184: Carmelo Anthony, Elton Brand, Brandon Roy

TheOriginalOrangeGoblin: Allen Iverson, Michael Redd

Alfdogg: Yao Ming, Lamar Odom, Leandro Barbosa

nogoodnick: Jason Kidd, Jermaine O'Neal, Andre Igoudala

Will Scarlet: Pau Gasol, Chris Bosh, Ben Gordon

Fokai: Amare Stoudemire, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace

Cuban_Linx: Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Kirk Hinrich

Krankor: Dwyane Wade, Deron Williams

Edited by alfdogg

Paul Pierce, Josh Howard, Jason Richardson better play more than 20% games next season!

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! J-Rich was one of my keepers but I waived him. Regret that a bit now.

God, injuries raped me this year after last year's top 3 finish.

Keepers: Allen Iverson, Michael Redd.

Doubt that'll change since no one else on my team is really stand-out, although Collison really broke out like I predicted he would.

Just Gilbert Arenas for me. I want to see what sort of team I can build around him next year, and plus, I don't know where Rashard is going.

Christ, I never posted my keepers.

I'm going to go with Dwyane Wade and Deron Williams. I might add a third keeper but for right now I'm pretty sure I'm going with those 2 guys.

The leagues should be back up in about a couple weeks. Still need keepers from:

bob barron

IK Cool Jew

Edited by alfdogg

I hope D-Wade is healthy to start the season. Good thing I'm keeping Deron Williams. He should be able to keep my assist totals up if Wade misses any amount of time.

I'd think there should at least be two spots open. Bob and IK Cool Jew never checked their teams after the first month of the season and just left them for dead. Barron had some good players too. I sent some trade offers that never got a response.

My keepers are:

Carmelo Anthony

Elton Brand

Brandon Roy

PS- Someone please PM me when draft-time rolls around. I'm here for the KKK Bowl and Bored Championship Series, but I don't read a lot of other threads.

-EDIT - Within 20 minutes of the post, I chose Brandon Roy to retain over TJ Ford.

If this is a problem, I'll just retain Ford instead.